Home

X-Men 2!

Well, I had plans to go see this movie tonight, but they got messed up by a baseball game.

This movie looks entirely awesome though, so as soon as someone sees it come tell us how it is!

I'm sure we have at least one X-Men fan here. :)

BTW, who is your favorite?

Mine would have to be Gambit. Even though I don't think he is in the movie.....:(

i seen it last night...

fave chars are night crawler, gambit, collossus, wolverine, magneto, phoenix, omega red, beast, cable and a helluvalot more.. xmen ruled my life!

cyclops was like so cool in the cartoons, due to the movie i cant stand him

i tihnk shatterstar was cool form what i remember

there was this guy who could make his body have like... guns for arms he was cool... my bro jus' informed me random

went and grabbed a few cards holopix seems oddly cool, hes magnetos son

gambit rules by far though

totally hate jubilee!!!

i might brainstorm tihs one and come back to it

in otherwords go and find some more cards

Well, as if NightCrawler wasn't already one of my favourite X-Men characters, after seeing the movie I like him even more. The opening sequence will make even the most stout of Nightcrawler haters drool, showing off his true potential. His Teleport effect, while different from the comics, is VERY nicely done none the less.

For anyone who's wondering, Beast and Gambit are NOT in this movie, at least not directly, so don't get your hopes up. They are however referenced and are very difficult to miss, a kind of "nod" to them if you will, so that's a bonus for you people who like them.

There are some rather funny moments in the film as well, such as hen Bobby introduces Logan to his family, he calls him "Proffessor Logan". When Bobby's mother asks what Logan is a proffesor of, Logan casually replies "Art". I thought that was hilarious myself, and everyone else in the theatre did as well:D. Also, I didn't put that in spoiler tags as I don't feel it really spoils the story of the movie, just a funny moment.

I'm not sure what Crowy is getting on about, I believe he's talking about his favourite characters from the comics, because half of the ones he mentioned weren't in the film. There were a few minor characters that I recognized from the comics, including Shadowcat, Banshee, Leech, Jubilee, and Colussus, who's Organic Steel effect in this movie looks absolutely amazing might I add.

Also, there's another character (that I won't name)from the comics you begin to see... "surfacing" ;) in the movie. Personally, I NEVER would have expected them to ever introduce this characer, and the inclusion of it and the story arc that it could create should make X-Men 3 a very interesting movie.

What I felt were some of the highlights of the movie:

The Opening sequence

Magneto's escape (what, not like you didn't KNOW he was getting out...)

The strike team entering the Mansion

The last 15-20 minutes of the film... nuff said. Watch it, and you'll see what I mean.

All in all, this was a great movie, living up to the X-men Comics name and also the orginal movie.

i liked it from the matrix 2 trailer to when the end credits rolled in... awesome movie...

you wanted movie wise?

storm, great effects, magneto, great effects. wolverine... HE HAS CLAWS WHAT ELSE CAN I SAY :D. night crawler and probably mystique

The Greatest movie thats been released this year, so far, but this movie KICKS!!!! My Fav mutant has to be Nightcrawler and Colossas, though colossas was only in there for a short time, he still is cool, I liked them all actually, Jean Grey, Mystique, Lady Deathstrike, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Wolverine, Pyro, Iceman, I just like all XMEN in general. One of the best movies of the year by far.

• 3 weeks later...

I actually preffered it to Matrix Reloaded.

Maybe I was in a better mood for it, I don't know.

I thought it was a great film though.

Hugh Jackman was fantastic as Wolverine.

What a bad-ass!

Edit/(ack! It hurts my aussiness not to say arse)

Archived