Home

MIDI Location

OK, I really hate to bother the admins and stuff, but I want to change my MIDI. I want to change it to "Dream On" by Aerosmith. I finally found the MIDI. But, I can't download it form the site, so I can link it to my site where my current MIDI is. But, I also don't want to bother an admin again when I want a different song (Lord knows I can't stay with one thing for a long time ;)) So, I'm requesting that there be an option in the user cpu that lets you change your MIDI location. If not, I'll survive. Thanks anyways. :)

-ZBomber

the midi files are all kept offsite... just replace the file you're currently using with the new midi. rename the new file to the name of the file that you are using now and upload it to the location the current midi is in... my midi file is called midi.mid so I can just upload any file named midi.mid over it and change songs whenever

Originally posted by Lynk Former

the midi files are all kept offsite... just replace the file you're currently using with the new midi. rename the new file to the name of the file that you are using now and upload it to the location the current midi is in... my midi file is called midi.mid so I can just upload any file named midi.mid over it and change songs whenever

yeh, but thats the thing. I can't download it. It saves as a .txt file. So if I can't downlaod it, I can't put it to the place that will play in my Porfile

EDIT - Heres the link. http://www.midifarm.com/files/midifiles/playFile.aspx?id=189

Originally posted by scabb

Rename it then ¬¬

If you can't see the extensions then open Windows Explorer, hit Tools, Folder Options and click the "View" tab. Uncheck "Hide extensions for known file types".

nope. Tried that too. Still doesn't work... :s

Originally posted by Hèkx Nòxú

I think that extension is meant like a "streaming audio" type version of the MIDI.

I tried to download some files off of that site (midifarm.com) with no success.

I'll see if I can get ahold of that MIDI file for you. ;)

-Edit-

Found a MID/MIDI file version of it.

Do you need hosting for it too?

Here's the file:

http://www.hekx.cjb.net/midi/aerosmith_dreamon.mid

Thanks. I got that MIDI file like yesterday or so. I just like the other version better. But I guess I'll use the other one. THANKS! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, for MIDIS, where us your current one hosted? You should use a website like LycosUK. When you buy a MIDI, you choose a location. If the location you chose was on your website, you can change your MIDI whenever. Find what the filename was, then rename the new MIDI to the same name. Upload it, and your done. ;)

Bot sure why yours won't work though....

Archived