Home

Getting MI1 Images etc.

Nilrem

Right, I can rip the images from The Secret of Monkey Island (MI1) but cannot seem to get the aimation files/sprites, is there a way to do this? Does anyone have them?

Basically I want them because I'm currently programming a remake of MI1, I can do the coding, and will eventually remake the graphics and eventually (after that) bring it into 3D, but for now I just need the animation files (they used sprites right?) to run tests on my code.

C+D? You mean a CD?

Nope I didn't know that, I'm doing it for a retro remake competition, been wanting to do it for a while, finally got some motivation, might as well put Maya Unlimited to use again as well (for the models etc eventually) since it set me back $6999

Once finished I'll release the source and images etc for free since I can't sell it.

Why would they want to do that? It's like 13 years old, and I love the game, one of my faveourite games of all time, I just want to revamp it a little.

Squeezing it for every cent they can bleeding get, sad, very very sad.

Costume Ripper doesn't work properly, the zip I downloaded (cost15.zip) well the header files was messed up, I tried redownloading but to no avail. Could you possibly send me yours? Or tell me where I can get a working one, or is there another way to get the animations?

P.S. I got 3 files extracted from the messed up zip file:

DXWIN

DOS

README

But when I use the DOS one it says page fault exception error if I open it through a command prompt.

The DXWIN one when I open it by dropping a .LEC file on it says to all of my .LEC files that they are not valid.. like you said looks like the DXWIN way does not work...

Please help.

-Thanks in advance, Nilrem.

Originally posted by Nilrem

Who is Tomas? Where can he be found?

How can I get in touch with him?

MSN? ICQ?

I hope he lets you upload it, can you read your PM please jannar?

Well, I've read your PM. I'm not sure if I can add any more. There's already a lot of people I'm not even sure is who...

I can PM you the link to costumeripper, because I'm at school now, and I can't send it to you via MSN.

I think it's allright with Tomas, but you can e-mail him through here: http://www.lucasforums.com/member.php?s=&action=mailform&userid=12466 :)

He's a nice guy - but I know he don't want to let that program loose again. Hehe. I just hope he is improving it ;)

About that scumm costume ripper, it's really an old version, but better in many ways than this one bgb mentioned. :)

Has anyone remade The Secret of Monkey Island before? (Not the crappy remakes that are totally different.)

I was wondering because if so, or if anyone is currently remaking it, we could share ideas, engine code and whatnot.

If anyone is interested in joining my team I am currently in need of artists, 2D artists for the time been.

DBP Programmers possibly, though I am the lead programmer.

Story developers... no, unless I create another ending (to the already possible two endings of the game).

Anyone interested then post here, or contact me via email/msn at jammysa@hotmail.com

Tomas is on lf fairly often, he just doesnt post a lot.

Just to reiterate, a remake of SOMI is extremely likely to get shut down. I just want to make sure you know that before you put a lot of work into it :)

[Edit] Costume Ripper doesnt work on the older disk.lec format games, only on the .000/.001 format ones (monkey1cd onwards).

Actually, SoMI is as good as it can be.

But it you're quite serious, and WILL be making it, I cross my fingers that LEC won't do a C+D. I mean, they're still selling the game, and if you release it, it will mean that less people will buy the original game - since yours is a remake.

I mean, SoMI is quite big, and will probably take major time to remake, and it's not worth it if it'll get shut down.

I want to play something original instead of a remake, but that's just my humble opinion.

Thankyou both for the input, I just want to remake one of my faveourite games, if not my faveourite game of all time that's all.

I can see why LEC are how they are, however I honestly don't believe they should be still selling it, actually I'll keep that thought to myself, I don't want to start a flame war, everyone is entitled to their own opinion right? I won't carry that little thought on, not here anyways.

Plus I just love to code.

Anywho... :)

If anyone has any projects going that might remotely be of interest to me and want someone to help etc, drop me a line.

Heh because there's always things you can get involved with and the community tends to be divided between either delphi or c++. Its useful to find out who uses delphi so that I can bug them for help or source code:p

• 4 weeks later...

I have been thinking about a new big Monkey Island project, in this moment I'm working in a Monkey Island Comic (there is two sketchs that you can see in www.fmcentro.com ), and I would like to join to your team as the 2D Art director, but let me firts finish this Comic, and I need to talk with you in private, I have added to my MSN but you have not logged on...

Bye

Archived