Home

What is your favorite MI character and why?

DM02

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in MI1 i liked Otis (without peppermint, guybrush wont speak to him, funny) but in EMI i dont like him anymore. He (and Carla too) lost some carisma in EMI.

So my favorite character in Monkey Island is of course Guybrush. Without him you wont meet all the other mad people there.. ;o]

Originally posted by RayJones

in MI1 i liked Otis (without peppermint, guybrush wont speak to him, funny) but in EMI i dont like him anymore. He (and Carla too) lost some carisma in EMI.

Hmmm. I think the exact opposite actually. The voice acting for him in EMI was so funny.

I MI1 he was quite flat.

i didnt got the original (english) version of efmi, just the german version, which has no really cool voice for otis, thats why i am not so good with this character.. the english voice may just be the better choice.

i was able to get 1+2 in english and theyre some ways better than the german versions .. perhabs i get the rest in original versions too.

At least there is the fact that otis has good abilities to end up in any jail on any island he travels.

The thing i miss in efmi is the 'wearepirates!'-factor of Carla, Meathook and Otis .. i liked the way they tricked me (or try to) in MI1. In efmi theyre just not that piratelike.

I like the Elaine of MI1 and 2. She is tough, beautiful, a touch ruthless, can always take care of herself, and her sole weak point is Guybrush. That's it. In 3 and 4 they carry her affection for Guybrush a bit too far (I don't think she's really the marrying type.) and it turns her into a sappy young woman who married an idiot, as Guybrush is at times.

I also like Carla. She is a bit like Elaine, only with more sarcasm, Insult Swordfighting skills, and no regard for Guybrush (or anyone else, really.)

Three more words: MURRAY! MURRAY! MURRAY!

In my opinion, MI1 Herman takes the gold. He was ridiculous, funny, and contrary to Guybrush's opinion, not annoying. He gave me thousands of laughs all throughout my childhood, and still does. MI4 Herman is not the same man in my mind. The man needs to be goofier, yet still have a serious side to him. MI2 didn't take Herman far enough, but was still the same man I know and love.

Although he's not a main character, infact he is basically just background art, my favourite character has got to be the dread pirate LeChimp. The gormless look on his face and his little actions just crack me up every time I watch him. Goes to show how great monkey is, that a character doesnt even have to utter a word and you can still be in stitches.

Favourite speaking character would probably be Blondebeard

Favourite text speaking character would be Mad Marty

Originally posted by kilohoku

Then I found out what his name means in spanish. :D

What does his name mean in Spanish? :)

Also yeah, Mad Marty gets the Gabez thumbs up award for being funny. Wouldn't like to share a long car journey with him though.

What does it mean? Well...

The Mod might delete this messages but,

In Spanish, Largo Legrande is a phrase that means something like big p_n_s, long shl__g, or any number of other variations.

And it's kind of odd that I named my rat after LeGrande, cause it's a female.

Or maybe it's not that odd. :D

My favourite would have to be Stan.

He is so cheesy. Throughout all the games it wouldn't be the same without him.

You`ve got

Stan's previously owned vessels

Stan's previously owned coffins

Mmutual of stan

and finally

Stan's time share stand on Jambalaya Island.

I think Stan's theme tune for mutual of Stan is the best theme tune he has. :D Go on hum it if you love it :D

My fav would have to be stan as well. I laugh every time i hear him talking about how he really got to think about the things that really matter in life as he was locked in a coffin for who knows how long! his comments are funny, and i really only like him in COMI because the 1st and 2nd MI games you couldnt hear his voice and the 4th one had a diff voice and wasnt as funny. I like Murray as well in COMI and EFMI.

Archived