Home

Poor imagination? Or lack of information?

Sunshine Badass

I hear there is a lack of weapon variety. Is that true? Or are there more weapons out there that my source has not seen? Please post any screens of weapons that you can find here. I want to know the variety of ways I can make someone hope they are insured.:D

P.S. What happened to going to sleep? Avoiding me now, too? Get to bed, slacker!;) J/K:D :D :D

It's not so much a matter of how many weapons there are.....as it is in the variety of quality of the weapons you find.

Your starting pistol is aweful, but a Master Weaponsmith can make one of these almost as powerful as some of the higher class weapons.

Smugglers can make power ups for your weapons, so marry one and take them for half of their worth. :)

What I'm saying is, even if there is a lack in amounts, I think ten types of each weapon type, they are created by crafters that can customize the weapon to your preference.

Don't care about damage so much as special move fees? Carfters can make those fees less.

Want a higher fire rate over lower specials? Crafters can do that.

Want a higher/lower preferred firing distance? Crafters can arrange for that.

There are a lot of stats on each weapon that a crafter can adjust during creation through experimentation. So basically, you could have the same Power5 pistol I do, but mine might fire twice as fast as yours while yours does 40% more damage than mine. Make sense? Trust me, if your worried about what the crafters will do, they'll experiment for hours on end to find the perfect set up for your weapon. If you're worried about your blaster looking like everyone elses, well, wouldn't that happen anyway? Everyone always wants the best weapon, so eventually this will happen of it's own accord. Remember though, you can throw a scope on your blaster to give it it's own look. :)

I'm not really worried about my carbine looking like someone else's. Three are a lot of differences in stats though, and there are quite a bit of different type of carbines. There is dh17, laser carbine, e11 carbine and many others. Also, the appearence can be snub nose or not, you can get jawa ion rifles which make a different noise than regular rifles...there are endless possibilities and as the game progresses after launch you'll see more stuff.

I am not worried about pistols and carbines looking alike. Basically, how many variations of assault rifles do you see out there? They all have the basic look to them.

What I am talking about are the melee weapons. Sure there is a basic design to an axe, or a sword, but seriously: How many people are going to be using the same basic sword model? I want to see some uniqueness out there. People to say: "Hey, I have seen that sword. That must be so and so."

I want a character with a unique looking weapon, not some mass manufactured Playskool sword. Maybe I am asking too much, though I am still very stoked for this game. I have been having dreams about it lately. But I just want a name attached to my weapon and a model that is unique to me and a few others.

I think weapons should have slider bars for creation, much like new characters, where you can probably never have the same exact model. One is curved more, one has a wider hilt, longer blade, more etches in the hand guard, and so on... But I am just being greedy now.:(;):(

I love this game already, but I just do not want to see so much monotony with armor and weapons. So, hopefully, there will be more variations with later patches and updates and expansions. For now though, I will have to be content with the content and focus on the better parts of the game.:D :D :D

Archived