Home

So who's getting Harry Potter?

darthfergie

I bet no one remembers me.....oh well, Harry Potter rocks, got it the Saturday it came out, finished it yesterday. I really hate the new Dark Arts teacher, I had to stop reading unleash some of my anger at the unjustices....anyone else hate Umbridge?

Originally posted by Niwid

anyone else hate Umbridge?

I beleive that was part of the objective she intended. You'll find that you'll hate her more as you go along.

in a bizzare twist you'll find you start to like Professor Snape more along the way in this book.

Originally posted by Billy Shears

That's another thing I don't get. It seems like it's just like any other fantasy book.....<shrugs>

To some people it's more than "just another fantasy book." It is the fantasy book. And that's why they enjoy it.

Personally, I find the story extremely interesting, if not cheesy at times, and the plot very gripping. The second book for instance had me wondering, speculating and interested like no other book and no book have I ever read as fast as I did that one.

One thing it did well, unlike many other books, is it made me care for the characters...Mad Eye Moody rules! :D

I'm almost through with this book... less than 100 pages to go. And I have just a few comments on how well writen this book is.

J.K. Rowling as an author is very good at doing two things.

1. Creating a written world that is very believable and exciting to live in.

2. She is also very good at playing with your emotions and weaving a very convoluted plot web which all comes together in the end while leaving a few strings open or the next book.

Such a GREAT book. :D

Yup I am page 733!!! Amazing...Usually I take less time. It took like 2 days for GOF. oh well. I am loving this book...its almost over. Sob Sob. Well I have an excuse....I'm collecting them for my son! I actually got the dvd for 10 for COS from Hollywood Video. I know, I know, my fiance is going to kill me for being obsessive. Hey I'm only trying to establish a good foundation for my son's reading habits! I'm giving him books to read, that I myself have read so that we can share with eachother. Of course...you know...I've probably got 10 years to go before that can happen....

Well I got it the first day it came out (the 21st) and it was £9.99 I finished it last Monday. I hate Umbridge, Fred and Geogre make a could show of her though. I like page 403/404 thats the kiss. They could have one where Harry Potter in future turns into a Voldemort support which although doesn't sound at all likely coulld happen: see the end of GOF, and the Dementors of Azkaban hunt him down and try to kiss him:

Book the ninth: Harry Potter and the Kiss Of Death

I bet it won't happen

Archived