Home

What's your favourite MI soundtrack and why?

Mentat88

I've scoured the forums for a thread on this, to no avail.

I'd like to know what everyone's thoughts on the MI soundtracks are. One of the key elements that pulled me into the MI series was the BGM.

When I played SOMI for the first time, it was PC speaker all the way. There was lovely bleeps and bops with monkey goodness coming from my PC. Shortly after, I scavenged enough money for an Adlib card and speakers, then gave it a test run. DAMN!!!!

It was like your PC Speaker on crack!

The Soundtrack for SOMI will always be a favourite.

Then came, MI2. A much darker and more twisted soundtrack which really captured the feel of the game. Not so much bouncy as SOMI but does it's duty well.

CMI was the next order of business. Thanks to iMUSE (I believe it's called), CMI offered a terrific soundtrack which played well with the game animation(mind you MI2 used iMUSE but not as extensive as CMI). Music was timed in well with events. A great Caribbean feel all round.

My favourite of all time :D

EMI... ... ... i have no comment.

So, there you go. I'm very interested to hear what ppl have to say about it. Also note what your favourite track is (if you have one). My favourite would have to be SOMI: following the shopkeeper.

"Running over the same old ground, what have you found?

Same old fears, Wish You Were Here"

I'd say my favorite is MI2. Definite improvements to the music from MI1, and Largo's Theme is one of my favorites from the entire series.

EMI's music wasn't that bad, I don't think. I like the version of LeChuck's theme that plays during the "Truth About Charles" cutscene. Fabulous music there.

And I haven't played CMI...so I can't comment on its soundtrack.

I LOOOOOOOOVE the swordfighting song on CMI. With the proud timpanis and the adventurous strings. (whoa, I am cheesy) It goes perfect with the sounds of the swords clashing. It was also used in EFMI right after Elaine shoots her gun in one of the opening cutscenes. If you have SCUMM revisited, look for it and EXTRACT IT! I also love the creepy theme where you follow the shopkeeper. Its so original! I can't think of what instruments that would be played on in real life, though. Oh and the Scabb Island theme (which changes from room to room) kicks major ass.:p

Well...

MI1 - Not a lot of music in general, but what's there is very good.

MI2 - My personal favorite. Cool jazzy tunes, reeking with atmosphere.

CMI - Very nice and atmospheric stuff. Kinda lacks the edge of the MI2 stuff though.

EMI - Varied, but what's good is very good. Stuff like the Lawyer's Theme and Mystes o' Tyme is some of the best in the series.

Originally posted by Fersevis

I am playing 1 and 2 without music, is that a bad thing?

-Fersevis-

n00b

*pokes ms. rane*

A very bad thing.

I'd also have to say Monkey Island 2. It introduced iMUSE, and the music just captures the atmosphere. It's perfect.

Originally posted by RemiO

Well...

MI1 - Not a lot of music in general, but what's there is very good.

MI2 - My personal favorite. Cool jazzy tunes, reeking with atmosphere.

CMI - Very nice and atmospheric stuff. Kinda lacks the edge of the MI2 stuff though.

EMI - Varied, but what's good is very good. Stuff like the Lawyer's Theme and Mystes o' Tyme is some of the best in the series.

nuff said!

Without being a brown-noser...

go RemiO!

Archived