Home

New Force Drain in JA: Scored one for the whiners!

SSH83

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

I dunno, Rockstar. It's just speculation on my part. Personally, I don't think MP for JA will be that different from MP JO. They'll probably just tweak a few Force powers in order to make it a bit more equal and will add the attacks and defenses for the double bladed/dual sabers. Of course, the new game modes will be a big change. (can't wait to try the co-op mode;) )

yeah... i think i'd be slightly disappointed if they didn't add in new powers (which i don't think they will), because the sides are so ridiculasly unbalanced, and i think that raven will probably be to busy balancing lightsabers to balance the force powers...

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that more details are starting to come out about dueling moves and such,

I wonder how it will affect the stuff we are discussing in this thread.

Here's to hoping for realistic and balanced dueling abilities and advantages/disadvantages

among the various stances and single saber, double-bladed saber and dual saber styles. :)

I don't know if someone else has sayed this (i'm too lazy to read this entire thread), but it looks like you have to be right next to the enemy to drain their health. The official website says that it drains the enemy's health and gives it to you. It shows a picture of the player kind of physically draining the health from an Imperial Officer. So if this is the case, then you have to be close to the enemy player to use drain. (poor Imperial Officer)

As I said in another thread, I can't see the vampiric 'death hug' version of Drain being used in MP - if for no other reason it would make both players instant and vulnerable targets in an FFA match. By the same token it doesn't seem appropriate in full force duels, either.

I have a feeling it could be for SP only, but it still bears an element of risk as you could be attacked by other nearby enemies.

On the other hand...it might serve as a way of balancing the use of the power, and prevent people abusing it, if you are made vulnerable to attack while in the 'death hug' online. It's use would need to be more strategic - separating a player from a main group or isolating a loner, and Draining them in private. :p:D

Archived