Home

Subject-minded Ads?

DashRendar

As you know I just came back recently to the boards, and these "Ads by Google" are now here, and is it just me or are they subject correct, I mean I just went to the St. Anger thread and at the top there's a Metallica Ad, and in the RPG Forum they're advertising for D20 stuffs, do the Admins do this or is this a new generation of ads?

I dunno about that, it's just happened too much to be random...

OK now I'm pretty dang sure it's not random, I just went back to the Star Wars RPG forum and whatdya know there's ads at the top having to do with Roleplaying, and I went into the St. Anger thread again and there's a big ad across the top about a Metallica DVD...I highly doubt that's just a coincidence.

Or, yeah, you must be right.

The Lucasforums admins go into the headers/footers/siders of each page (forum/subforum) and add said ad's code there...

So the ads on page X will come from website X and it'll stay that way. What website X choses to advertise changes from time to time, I think...

Ummm...well...I was talking about the Ads at the TOP of the page...you know the "Ads by Google" well that and the "GeForce FX" ad...that hasn't changed...forever...

EDIT: Just saw that ad three times in like 4 pageloads...*shiver* sounds like the whole bad ads thing HASN'T been resolved...

The admins didn't add anything to the pages for the Google Ads. They're just a mini-spyware script that searches the page for recurring keywords before it loads, and then displays search items that are consistent with the topic of the page it's on.

Or we could like see what all ads they have, and just repeat a subject over and over again, like say...Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings,Lord of the Rings...or something...hehe I just saw it again that's why I picked that:)

Archived