Home

Tex Murphy 6?

Interesting (& frankly exciting) thread over at the unoffical tex murphy site; Aaron Conners (one of the guys behind the Tex Murphy series) seems to be saying there could be FULL Tex Murphy 6 next christmas (2004)!! (I say FULL as there was talk in Jan of an episodic shockwave type game)

Read it for yourself here:

http://pub24.ezboard.com/funofficialtexmurphy17995frm1.showMessage?topicID=1098.topic

Personally I think it's a great idea that, if it comes to fruition, will be a very good game looking at the rest of the series' offerings. They're talking syberia style graphics, which may be a bit of a let down to some Tex purists, but it's understandable considering the prohibitive costs of FMV. Whatever the graphics, I'd probably buy it.

So what do you think? Is this a good idea and would you but it (who knows, it might help them if they can get an idea of the level of interest?)

Chris Jones and Aaron Conners have been trying to coax Microsoft to make more Tex Murphy games for a while now, so its encouraging to me that maybe Microsoft finally realizes that games other than FPS are profitable. I don't think a Tex Murphy "Syberia-style" interface would be a disappointment, since, IMO, its the humor and story that are the series' strengths. We'll have to keep an eye on those two and see what happens.

--BPF

Archived