Home

Revolution guys didn't like MI3?

Long story, I was trying to get my french version of Broken Sword 2 to display english subtitles (got that working by the way). I was looking in Sword2.exe and found the line:

Game.exe -MI3 is crap

If you run Game.exe with this parameter it takes you to the saved game loading screen. I guess there was some secret rivalry going on there :)

Anyhow, I thought that was funny, maybe it's something only a nerd could appreciate ;)

What a load of dribble, doesn't matter what parameter you put. Just seems to be a small pointer bug.

Anyway on a similar topic, Tony Warriner (Coder @ rev & founder) has done a new compile of the sword2 files game.exe and a new smacker dll.

Request at tony@revolution.co.uk

Apparently fixes some XP issues but I just seem to have smackers play twice and not able to exit using Alt F4.

Meh

Originally posted by Ender

It's a little ironic, considering Revolution helped putting Beneath a Steel Sky support in ScummVM (0.5.0, coming this June! :)... which also emulates MI3.

But anyway, good find!

Oh, I hope you mean this July, because otherwise we have to get to wait a whole year (unless you use the daily snapshots of course, which I do).

I am about to begin play BASS now that scummvm has support for it. I think it is really nice work!

Originally posted by Bumstead

Long story, I was trying to get my french version of Broken Sword 2 to display english subtitles (got that working by the way).

How did you get the english subtitles?

In my finnish subtitled version I'd love to have the english subtitles on screen instead of the crappy finnish.

Originally posted by ragou

Oh, I hope you mean this July, because otherwise we have to get to wait a whole year (unless you use the daily snapshots of course, which I do).

I am about to begin play BASS now that scummvm has support for it. I think it is really nice work!

Er yeah, July. Well, first week of August most likely. :)

Originally posted by Kolzig

How did you get the english subtitles?

In my finnish subtitled version I'd love to have the english subtitles on screen instead of the crappy finnish.

I download the english demo, and overwrote the text.clu file I installed with the one from the demo. I played the whole game and there didn't seem to be anything missing. The menus translated as well. PS: this was for BS2, BS1 is MUCH easyer.

Archived