Home

Worth It?

wrburrou

I used to be against it and I never in my life thought I would ever get this game. Now I find myself absolutely enjoying every minute. :D

I will not buy another game til KOTOR comes out for pc. So instead of buying three other games between now and that time, I will just spend my money on one incredible game. :)

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

I used to be against it and I never in my life thought I would ever get this game. Now I find myself absolutely enjoying every minute. :D

I will not buy another game til KOTOR comes out for pc. So instead of buying three other games between now and that time, I will just spend my money on one incredible game. :)

Same here...exactly the same in fact. Some friends of mine are trying to get me to buy some other games...But I havn't touched my PS2 in months, and havn't even played BF1942 since I got SWG (expect a new sig and avatar soon). And trust me...you'll have fun in any profession.

I started off one character and made it to Carbineer real quick...then I started up a second character as an Entertainer just to try it out...I havn't gone back to my Carbineer since. I've been jamming in Tyrenia's Cantina every day at all hours. Got some artisan skills on the side too. This game is amazing, just give it a chance and your mind will be blown.

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

What is KOTOR?

Originally posted by Jatari Bazrak

this is my first MMORPG and I think I wont get bored for a while aslong as we're friends and we stay with our friends in the game we won't get bored and then we'll have the space expansion which will be great.

Then you have events and you have complete strangers to meet and you have Cantinas to mess around in and you have a million different paths to take and you have roleplaying opportunities and you have massive killing opportunities and you have the world of Star Wars...main characters and all. Even Expanded Universe characters! Ran into Gilad Paleaon on Corellia the other day...Screenshots were fired.:)

Even when you're doing some mindless task like surveying for resources, there's always somebody who you met ingame who gets on at the same time you do, plays as long as you do, and does the same thing you do. So that you can go out there and survey alongside them and talk. I've got a huge list of people I never met before I got in game who get on at the same time. We've since gone on countless adventures with each other and had a great time. This game is life in the Star Wars universe.

I will not buy another game til KOTOR comes out for pc.

Same here...exactly the same in fact.

With me it used to be this way, in fact it was more like I would never buy another game fro the remainding year, not even KotOR (possibly, I haven't decided yet :) ).

But then I realised what was comming from LucasArts:

Jedi Knight III: Jedi Academy

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Star Wars: Knight of the Old Republic

Full Throttle 2

Sam'N Max 2

And then of course:

Half-Life 2

:eek:

Oh my God!!!

:eek:

Will I ever have the time to play these games?!? :eek:

On the Star Wars Galaxies being worth it: Definatly.

Atleast according to my book it is. :thumbsup:

Ya and if this game starts to get boring after you get to your points maxed out you can amek another character ro jsut hang with friends on their and wait for the space expansion. Ya I have a friend waiting on Bria when i start. I was gonna start on starside because3 I was trying to get into =A=. But I hear its full and you cna't always get on.

I would have to say yes it is worth it. I have never played an MMORPG before but this blows my mind. Never before have I laughed so hard playing a game. Its hilarious when you are grouped doing missions or hunting and everyone gets their asses kicked, you can encourage your group while you are incapped...even saying things like ....you're going to make it....you're doing great...even when they are surronded by red cons and are seconds away from joining you on the ground.

I laugh my ass off in the cantinas. I also am trying to roleplay but as I have never done it before I am not very good at it and I don't think people realize I am trying to role play.

My favorite game before this was Vice City and this blows Vice City away. This game is simple to play yet I am always learning something new. It seems that there are always new techniques to learn. Did I mention that laughing your ass off is so very common? I was laughing so hard the other night that my gf came in and thought mabey I was on nitrous oxide or something.

This game just gets funner and when I get to my desired skills and profession RP will be a blast.

Archived