Home

FS: One of the holy grails for any Lucasarts collector

dimmu--borgir

Hi!

If I'm not allowed to sell things here please remove this thread and tell me where I should post it.......

Ok, I'm talking about Loom for the Fm Towns Marty.

Please take a look at the pictures. The "glasses" is not included but a similar red plastic piece is. The game is both on English and Japanese. The "story" cd is both on English and, believe it or not, Japanese. Wonders who hired the Japanese actor to do this. This is not on any other Loom on any format.

Only $200 + shipping.

http://hem.fyristorg.com/sprrr/vec/loom2.jpg

http://hem.fyristorg.com/sprrr/vec/loom.jpg

Thanks

CC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks interesting . . .

Do you have any other games of this sort?

How did you come by this game?

BIG EDIT: I've decided that Loom is not the FM Towns game on which I would prefer to spend my money. Sorry. But if you have anything else . . .

Could you upload some screenshots, please?

I want to see this game in action. Even if it has to be a photo taken from a camera, I'd love to see it.

Also, could you get screenshots of the other FM Towns games you have? I particularly would like to know whether you can see 10 inventory items at once in Indy 3 like you can in Zak256.

Do you have any other games of this sort?

Yes, Indy 3 and Zak McKracken. Zak is not in my hands yet but early next week.

Also, could you get screenshots of the other FM Towns games you have? I particularly would like to know whether you can see 10 inventory items at once in Indy 3 like you can in Zak256.

I do not have a mouse or Keyboard for my Fm Towns Marty yet so it's quite unplayable. I will however have that soon so I'll give you the info you want soon.

Now, please drool and congratulate me:)

http://hem.fyristorg.com/sprrr/fm/zak.jpg

http://hem.fyristorg.com/sprrr/fm/zak2.jpg

http://hem.fyristorg.com/sprrr/fm/zak3.jpg

Nice little cards.

I have recently heard that when choosing to play in Japanese the characters would look more Anime with bigger eyes etc. Is this true?

/CC

As far as I know, yes, but I've only heard of it in Zak McKracken.

One page that's now dead had screenshots of it, and I've seen a couple "anime-style" heads that were ripped (using Scumm16) from the character sprites in Zak256 English version. (They only appear in the resource files, not the actual gameplay, in the English version.)

By the way, Zak256 and Indy3 aren't for sale or trade also, are they?

I'd love to have either one of those, but I heard you want to donate them to the ScummVM team, which is commendable.

I have a request for you.

I know that there are demos of the other FM Towns games on each CD. For example, Zak has Indy and Loom, Loom has Indy and Zak, Indy has Zak and Loom.

If you've got a PC, can your PC CD drive open the FM Towns CDs?

If it can, can you please zip (with WinZip or something) the resource files for the demos and place them on your webspace?

I've been looking for those demos for a while. Mojo used to host them but they're down now.

I understand completely if you can't or won't do that, but I was just hoping that you could, in which case I would be most grateful.

As far as I know, yes, but I've only heard of it in Zak McKracken.

Cool, can't wait for my Zak to come. Must see.....

By the way, Zak256 and Indy3 aren't for sale or trade also, are they?

Nope. Loom's a spare and that's the reason it's for sale. I have however already been offered $400 for Zak.

but I heard you want to donate them to the ScummVM team, which is commendable.

Well, I just asked them if I could contribute with something. I don't think I got a serious anser to this. I can't make copies since it's illegal, which gives me the option to either lend them my originsl or sell it. If anyone has some tips about this, please let me know.

If you've got a PC, can your PC CD drive open the FM Towns CDs?

Yes, I can open them. They're quite bad though. It only shows you some screenshots with no characters on.

If it can, can you please zip (with WinZip or something)

the resource files for the demos and place them on your webspace?

Well, yes. But I don't know if I'm allowed to say that here. How illegal would it be?:)

It'd be nice hear the story of how you got your hands on these things, if you can be bothered.

I'll tell you when I got the last three ones. Monkey Island 1, 2 and Indy Jones Fate of Atlantis. Probably soon or never. They are so damned rare.....

/CC

I don't think it would be illegal to host the demos. Mixnmojo did it themselves, after all, before their server downtime, and ScummVM.org linked to Mojo's hosting of the demos, so it can't be all that bad to do so.

You must post screenshots from every game you can - both in English and Japanese. This is a great opportunity for us to become more well-informed about such mysterious games!

Sorry if I'm sidetracking, but are you from Norway, dimmu? You see, your nick is the same as a Norwegian metal band. I know they have a fan base outside of Norway, but I'm still curious.

Nope, I'm from Sweden and Dimmu Borgir is, as you all guessed, the best band ever. Very cool that they will sing in Norwegian again on two songs on their new album.

/CC

Originally posted by dimmu--borgir

Nope, I'm from Sweden and Dimmu Borgir is, as you all guessed, the best band ever. Very cool that they will sing in Norwegian again on two songs on their new album.

/CC

Well, I'm actually not a big fan of metal music. I just heard about them from a friend of mine who's really into that kind of music.

I'm happy to say it works fine on ScummVM (when set as Zak256 in the setup).

I'd love to see the Indy demo as well. Thank you very much for your efforts.

By the way, do you know when you'll have a mouse and keyboard for your FM Towns system?

Until then, you could always try using the current ScummVM to run your games. (After all, if the FM Towns demos of Indy and Loom work with the Zak256 setting, might not the actual games as well? Even if they don't, it's worth a try.)

I'd love to see the Indy demo as well.

Ok, later tonight.

By the way, do you know when you'll have a mouse and keyboard for your FM Towns system?

Later next week. Actually I'm haveing the ultimate Fm towns running it on; The Car Marty Navigation unit. Just to brag.......

Have you tried putting the game CDs in your PC and playing them as Audio CDs?

I have heard that there are several high-quality CD audio tracks on the CDs in addition to the games' resource files. If you play them with WinAmp or something similar, you might be able to hear these tracks.

Also, as I suggested earlier, you might want to play around with ScummVM, to see how well it supports the games currently (try setting the menu option to Zak256, even if it's Indy or Loom). It's just an idea, though; feel free to ignore it.

Here:

http://hem.fyristorg.com/sprrr/INDYZAK/

Have you tried putting the game CDs in your PC and playing them as Audio CDs?

Yes, nothing with Indy (in media player that is) but believe me, the Loom story CD sounds very cool in Japanese although I don't understand a single word.

I wonder who they are and if thay were "hired" by Lucas or Fujitsu....

Also, as I suggested earlier, you might want to play around with ScummVM, to see how well it supports the games currently (try setting the menu option to Zak256, even if it's Indy or Loom). It's just an idea, though; feel free to ignore it.

I have tried it but unsuccessfully. Please learn!

/CC

Ok, I won't mention ScummVM again. However, I'm afraid that I did not know that you had already tried using it before, so I thought that you had just not tried to do so yet. I'm very sorry for the misunderstanding. Will you forgive me?

I'm surprised to learn that you can't hear any music on the FM Towns Indy CD. Using Scumm16 on the Zak/Loom demos (which are from the Indy CD, if I'm correct), I found that there is one apparent music theme in each demo. However, I can't play the tunes, because I get the message "Error playing CD track #." So there must be music buried on that CD somewhere.

I've heard some tunes from the Zak CD before, so I know there's some there as well. I bet it might play on your FM Towns, when you get it working.

I'm surprised to learn that you can't hear any music on the FM Towns Indy CD.

I was wrong. When I inserted the games (Loom and Indy) in my computer all tracks popped up in media player. Very nice ones. Full orchestra. Is Indy 3 for FM towns the only one who has these?

/CC

Originally posted by dimmu--borgir

I was wrong. When I inserted the games (Loom and Indy) in my computer all tracks popped up in media player. Very nice ones. Full orchestra. Is Indy 3 for FM towns the only one who has these?

/CC

Yes, it is

Archived