Home

Monkey Island Series has no Future - really, it doesn't to it's original followers

Cutthroat_Nick

The Monkey Island Series failed with a "Curse": READ ME

:guybrush:

Dear ORIGINAL Monkey Islanders,

Any body who's ANYBODY, well at least the original Monkey Islanders from the late Eighties who have stuck around since then, will tell you that "The Monkey Island Series of Graphic Adventure by Ron Gilbert" was screwed when CMI came out, even moreso with EFMI(what a destroying story to SMI.)

Around seven years after its predecesor,:lechuck: LéChuck's Revenge, CMI came into the world. People who were original Monkey Islanders were dying out, or, at least, growing up, and forgot about them. So a new generation of Monkey Islanders came out, but they were only familiar with CMI and didn't know what the heck SMI and MI2:LR were!!!

Young Monkey Islanders will say that CMI and EFMI are great games, but the truth, sadly is, they are wrong - The games, stories primarily, were screwed so much that

I won't go into anymore, but the ones who see from my point of view understand that peoples understanding of the end was WAAAAAAAAY off --> :chucky:

:guybrush: love for :elaine: <-- This never existed.

and this is happening :guybrush::blaze6:

So please, in a forum, chat, or discussion, please, original Monkey Islanders, refrain from believing that the great predecesors are gone, because they are not. The young kids just won't play a game if they know it consists of text, non-3D graphics, and needs a sense of humor, strong wit and an adventurous instinct!!!!!!!!!!!

CONCLUDING : Sorry to say to all my fellow Original Monkey Islanders - it is dead for us .

SIGNED:

Cutthroat_Nick

Archived