Home

Play as relative in 5? Good or Bad Idea?

Reaper Girl

Should Mi5 be played out by a Threepwood other then Guybrush?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mi5 be played out by a Threepwood other then Guybrush?

• YES! yes! new playable char! youth rules!
    • NO, you classless rebel! you newb! Always Guybrush!
    • I don't know...
    • Fool! this thread should be closed and you banned, spamminator!

*waits for apple pelting to stop before speaking on this repeated subject...*

Okay. It seems that, from what i've read, some people think that we will be playing as a relative of Guybrush in Mi5 (eg, daughter or grandson)

Personally, I'm on the fence with this idea. A new playable char would be nice, but damn! you can't replace Guybrush!

Discuss this amoungst yourselves. The Reaper is listening...

...and praying this thread won't get closed...

NEVER

I hope that there will never be a game named Monkey Island, carrying on the Monkey Island tradition, using a character other than the One and Only Guybrush Threepwood. Personally, the thought of living the life of Monkey Island through another's body just doesn't appeal to me. On the other hand, one more grand adventure with good ol' Guybrush sounds tremendous. Yes, I have heard the ideas and rumors of playing a relative of Guybrush, but on the hole these do not appeal. And, personally, I don't think they will happen. You can never tell, though.

Farewell,

Ernil

I agree.

And besides the fact that it would just be wrong, what could possibly be so cool about playing another character? I mean seriously, we're not talking about an RPG where every singly character has different skills and stuff. It's all about a model jumping around on the screen while you try to solve puzzles. And there's nobody who could do this job any better than Guybrush Threepwood, that's for sure.

Exactly! Guybrush Threepwood is Monkey Island. You can't just bump him over to the wayside. That kills part of what makes the series so fun and so different. I mean, what are the chances of any relative of Guybrush's (daughter, son, sister, whatever) having the same characteristics that make Guybers so endearing?

Originally posted by Gabez

Guybrush forever, yeah, but at the same time I wouldn't mind taking over someone else for a little bit, a bit like how you could take over Sophia for certain puzzles in Fate Of Atlantis.

Yeah, I guess that was okay. It could be pretty fun to control Elaine for a while, but only for a while... it's only fun as long as she dosen't take over the game and scene! Guybrush forever :):D

i.e. BS2, that was good as it gave you a break from George. That would be cool as it would give you another veiw of the story when Guybrush isn't there and show you really what Elaine is like.

And FireCam eactkly who else was spamming?

all of it would be an alternative..

of course a mi WITHOUT guybrush would be kind of hard to get used to .. (i LOVE it to say: "Hi. I am Guybrush Treepwood, mighty pirate.." etc.).

but i think it is an good idea to play other characters like in MM, ZAK, DOTT, INDY4 ..

it could be fun.

perhabs they could establish a 'crew' like

1 guybrush

1 monkey

1 elaine

1 older person

1 younger person

1 person who can die

:p

[edit]

hey.. noone else voted for .. YES???

:dozey:

ps .. firecam.. be careful what you spermm in here .. :D:D:D

*runs to another thread*

Originally posted by Neil Joshi

Ah okay, then you're both banned.

Actually, I'd consider this to be a pretty good topic to talk about.

Listen to yourself, you don't even know what you're talking about. Why don't you drop by with a link containing a thread with me spamming.... cause I can't find anyone myself!

and please don't call this spam ¬ ¬

Originally posted by FireCam (Jonas)

Listen to yourself, you don't even know what you're talking about. Why don't you drop by with a link containing a thread with me spamming.... cause I can't find anyone myself!

and please don't call this spam ¬ ¬

Dude, I was joking, I wasn't actually calling you a spammer. As a matter of fact, you called youself a spammer in this thread which is why I decided to joke about it. Lighten up. I'm not even considering banning you for spamming, no need to get all testy. (did I just say 'testy'?)

i dun know...

maybe you could have something like you get to choose who you want to be or maybe it could be like where you have to be the other people for certain puzzles, like the other people said. i'd like to see the opportunity to be someone else besides guybrush for at least a little bit, though, for sho. i'm feeling kinda weird today.

Archived