Home

Whats a n00b or Lamer?

BawBag™

I've played jk2 only since the day 1.04 was released. I've since soon started to hate the majority of people who play it. Newbies, need to be taught. We were all n00bs at one time. So don't be a prick. And laming well, There were some ground rules with jk2, i.e saber off = peace. Chatkilling means you are skilless. I find the only type of laming is just being incredibley cheap. Like non stop kicking and ground hits in duels. Also CONSTANTLY using Throw+pull+kick+pull+kick gets annoying. But to me a lamer or laming is someone who ruins the game for everyone else.

:fett: As you wish..

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jiobi

And laming well, There were some ground rules with jk2, i.e saber off = peace. Chatkilling means you are skilless. I find the only type of laming is just being incredibley cheap. Like non stop kicking and ground hits in duels. Also CONSTANTLY using Throw+pull+kick+pull+kick gets annoying. But to me a lamer or laming is someone who ruins the game for everyone else.

:rolleyes:

those stupid "rules" ruin it for me.

Also CONSTANTLY bitching about those stupid made up "rules" that you think are the "law" in a video game gets annoying.

Put your saber up, zip your lip and play.

I've played jk2 only since the day 1.04 was released. I've since soon started to hate the majority of people who play it. Newbies, need to be taught. We were all n00bs at one time. So don't be a prick. And laming well, There were some ground rules with jk2, i.e saber off = peace. Chatkilling means you are skilless. I find the only type of laming is just being incredibley cheap. Like non stop kicking and ground hits in duels. Also CONSTANTLY using Throw+pull+kick+pull+kick gets annoying. But to me a lamer or laming is someone who ruins the game for everyone else.

Plz stfu. Play Quake3 and put your gun down. (it's not an option but if it was) Or complain about chatkilling. You will be laughed at.

I don't really understand why people keep their sabers down in JK2. Why would you want to be unarmed in an FPS? Also, why would you chat in one? That's for chatrooms or whatever messengers you use, not for games. Games were made for playing.

And plz before saying combos like pull-throw-kick are cheap, learn it. Dodging pull-throws by rolling in different directions works. It's very easy to run away from things by calling them "cheap" and "unskillful." But it's harder to learn how to avoid or use these "cheap" and "unskillful" tactics.

EDIT: By the way, those "ground rules" you have stated are not mentioned in the JK2 user manual. If these rules are so important, I don't see why they are not in there.

I've played jk2 only since the day 1.04 was released. I've since soon started to hate the majority of people who play it.

Oh! Me too me too! :bounce1:

Newbies, need to be taught. We were all n00bs at one time. So don't be a prick.

Eh, noobs? Need to be taught? What do you mean? Because they're easy kills and you want more challenging fights? Are you referring to people who rocket themselves by accident? People who can't strafe jump? People who fall of ledges before you have a chance to hit 'em?

And laming well, There were some ground rules with jk2, i.e saber off = peace.

Excuse me? What kind of rule is that? Where does it say that? And like g//plaZma pointed out; why would anyone be saber down in the first place??? :confused:

Chatkilling means you are skilless.

How come? I thought it meant killing someone when they're chatting. :confused:

I find the only type of laming is just being incredibley cheap. Like non stop kicking and ground hits in duels. Also CONSTANTLY using Throw+pull+kick+pull+kick gets annoying.

That's cheap? You know what *I* think is cheap? >> hitting me when my defences aren't up. Hitting me in my back f.ex after I have missed a DFA. Using a big gun when I'm only armed with a bryar. Using those explosive little thingies that always kill me. Now *that's* what I think is cheap! Oh yeah: and pulling my gun is cheap too! And snipers! I hate snipers! :swear:

...Starting to get the picture? :rolleyes:

But to me a lamer or laming is someone who ruins the game for everyone else.

Well here's a newsflash for ya: the world does not revolve around you. People do not log on to Jedi Outcast servers just so that they can make your gaming experience as fun as possible. They log on because they want to play.

Who are you to tell me how I should play a game that I've bought? Why would I listen to you? Am I supposed to stand around Bespin with my saber down for 5 hours straight just because that makes YOUR gaming experience more fun?

Give me one reason why I should give a **** about what you think? Give me a single reason why I should respect your absurd opinion on how JO should be played? Because otherwise you'll sleep me and kick + ban me?

Oh and explain to me why my opinion matters not.

Newsflash 2: THERE ARE NO RULES. No rules. No ground rules. No nothing. It's all in your head. You THINK there are rules and therefore JO has become nothing but "whinewhine *gasp* LAMERLAMERZ YOU LAMED MEEE!!! whinewhinewhine" all day everyday on servers. Nobody plays because they're too busy trying to enforce their bs rules upon others. Isn't that just a little bit sad? Do you really want that in JA too?

Here's an idea: how 'bout we just STFU and play the game? Defeat opponent. Score points. Win game. Ring a bell?

Originally posted by Pyro

stop wasting e-space ^

Something that only bantha fodder could say... Now YOU are wasting e-space.

The people in {MS} were all standing around chatting saber down, except for a couple private dueling on the pad. So I was doing exactly what they were. And Luc, It's hard to believe that someone would be stupid enough to even have a bind that sayed <<No force noob! Force = no skill>>. What a stupid thing to have binded! And used in a FULL FORCE SERVER!

:lol:

BTW, I follow server rules, and I do use Force, kick, big guns, sniper rifles, and I never have problems (except in {MS}).

I only go to 2 servers: JK2Files.com, and Chop Shop Disruption. I don't know the other ones. And since 99% of the servers have the rules that you don't like, there must be more people who like the rules than those who don't. Just face it. And it's going to be like that in Jedi Academy too. There is nothing you can do to stop it.

aah ha ha...JK2 files server is full of n00bs. I've been kicked from that server simply for being good more times then I can count.

Originally posted by Luc Solar

Heh...I think it's one hell of a good reason to kick someone if they don't PLAY. It makes a lot more sense than all the other 2349852638573 rules out there.

I thought it was 2349852638574 rules out there! or have i counted 1 twice :p

So I've been playing this game MP for less than a month now. I play CTF, FFA and Duel (mind you Duel is a bit tedious when there are 16 people on the server and so you get one go every 10 minutes or so and I only last about 10 seconds :D )

When I started I was getting continually smacked silly. Everyone had me for breakfast. I didn't have a clue. What that mean't was that I got really p*ss*d off (no I mean REALLY p*ss*d off) very quickly thinking that everyone was cheating (they weren't they just knew tricks that I didn't).

Well time has progressed and I'm getting better every game. I regularly beat people 1 on 1 in FFA and can score good points in CTF. I still get kicked/grip-kicked/pull-kicked/thrown off ledges/DFA'd you name it, and it still gets me annoyed but at the end of the day no matter who they are if they can pull that move on me and I am unable to counter it then at that moment they are better than I am. What's the point in whining about it. Next time I'll be better prepared and maybe they won't be able to pull the same move.

I do respect the server at the end of the day. If its "sabre off = peace" then that is what I will do. Actually I have used a server like that a few times. It enabled me to improve my duelling skills quite considerably without interuption but after a while it got boring when no-one wants to fight.

I AM BEST JEDI IN GALAXY.

WHEN I GO TO SERVER LAMERS RUN TO HIDE ON ROOF BUT I FIND THEM AND END THEM.

I MAKE SERVER SAFE FOR ALL JEDI FRIENDS.

IF THEY HAD HONOR THEY WOULD NOT DO THE KICK PULLING THEY WOULD DRAW SABER AND ENGAGE IN COMBAT LIKE A TRUE KNIGHT.

Laughing my ass off, you need a life.

If this rubbish was a joke: then good one! ;)

If it was not: I pity you :(

WTF

I DEFEND HONOR OF THE GALAXY AND YOU CHALLENGE ME

I WOULD REPORT THIS TO MODERATOR BUT I AM A KNIGHT OF JUSTICE AND I USE MY BLADE TO DEAL WITH LAMERS

NAME TIME AND PLACE TIE FIGHTER PILOT AND I WILL TEACH YOU TRUE POWER OF THE FORCES

PICK SERVER AND TIME AND I STRIKE YOU DOWN AND BRING ORDER BACK TO GALAXY

Archived