Home

huh? multiplayer? is this the same jedi outcast?

phi6

okay i have just got this game today and i immediately started playing the single player game of course.. it was boring so i surfed around on Massassi.net for a lightsaber single player level (i originally played on Jedi KNight 1 so im always on that site)

anyway i found Ladder, which gives me waves of reborns, tavani and dessan etc...

i found out the saber fighting was amazing.

quickly i went to multiplayer, challenging my cousin who also had this game (for a few months)

totally different? rolls went super speed, the lightsaber looks TOTALLY different, looks more like original JK rather than SP JKO

and when i was fighting my cousin and friends it was nothing like fighting those reborns... wow... those reborns, it looked absolutely brilliant but JKO MP seems like a totally DIFFERENT game?

is it me or is MP TOTALLY DIFFERENT to SP???

u've probably had this question many times before, so im sorry but seriously... ive never played a game that multiplayer differed so much to singleplayer, especially in something as important as lightsabering

*returns back to Ladder... drools now this is what its supposed to be like!*

thinking about it, it might be lag so they changed MP, or they made MP in a rush or something... i dunno but im utterly disappointed... can someone please enlighten me

erm ok thanks for that but does anyone think that the sp lightsaber battles are much better than mp?

mp doesnt feel... as great

i cant explain it, but when i play sp i get a rush while dodging the sabers, doing the cool moves, realistic acrobatics, just like the movie.

with mp... something's missing... i dunno

Originally posted by phi6

okay i have just got this game today and i immediately started playing the single player game of course.. it was boring...

If you like SP lightsaber combat, the SP game is well worth playing through to completion. It is a blast fighting all those reborn!

And yes, the collision detection, etc. is different between SP and MP for many reasons, mostly to do with lag issues and gameplay balancing.

It is true that there is nothing like playing against a real person, but I also find that I get tired of all the complaining, whining, and move spamming. MP is fun, but for me it doesn't really feel like SW lightsaber fighting. SP fills this void for me much better.

ah the net optimisation, damn that explains everything.

:(

but is there a mod or anything? the battles are pretty lame. i guess lag wouldnt be a major issue if SP combat was implemented in duel MP only? since just 1v1

seriously, they oversimplified everything.... even saber locks, made jerky instead of the smooth left to right motion... and even the rolling was changed.. its super speed.. why?

oh well i guess i cant complain too much. its not so bad now ive played MP a bit more, it was just an anti-climax right after the SP sabering.... hehe :p

hi again. well i just read up on Promod 3 and it apparently improves aspects of saber fighting and fixes the collision detection problems too, and classes!

so is this mod actually any good, and are there many servers that support it?

Archived