Home

Making a Tierra de los Muertos 3d?

Sallim

I post in a thread @ the Lucasforums " Making a Grim Fandango 2 "

So you all maybe know what my post is all about.

I want to create an envirement, the places all of Tierra de los Muertos =)

I would like to build all the places, and maybe the characters ;)

Whta do you think about it? Make it sense?

Just an idea, i think it would be fun. Yes it takes month to create such a big world, or so many places ;)

I need scibbles or pictures from you to make something like that to get the idea, but i would like, no love to do it.

Tierra de los Muertos is just great for me.

Any reaction ?=)

Arthur

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, yes already. :D

Here's the thing. Your pictures are great, but I have no knowledge of making computer games. None at all. Heck, I've barely got any knowledge of making webpages (as Nightlight Productions can clearly show)

I'd be willing to write the game/movie, to get voices recorded, and provide concept art... but besides that without help it's kinda wishful thinking unless people want to help out.

But Tierra de los Muertos 3D would be awesome. :)

So ... I'd love to make a Tierra de los Muertos too. A game for me is a bit out of possibility ;) But movies should go! I more interrested to do something for Tierra =) ( because tierra and the orginal grim fandango are so fit ( is it the right word? ) ( maybe say it another way; Have the same atmosphere =)

What can I do ?=)

Things like story/voices/concept art are really helping! For me very interresit in the first monet is the concept art =) I don´t know how Tomas Encion looks like so.

The easiest way to start would be a test movie with Tomas Encion in it. Or maybe completely animating the Tierra song with Number Two and Tomas Encion signing 'Just the Way you are'

You know what, the hardest thing after let characters move ( just laerning this thing, and I´m not a prof so its bit hard to do ) its make the lips move ;) You have 8 mouth positions, and every frame have to be manuel insert in a movie. Then the timing, this is really hard, but I can do it, its just much time ( very much ) .

Singing will be hard, but not impossible just give me pictures, then I can create an 3d character from them.

The script from what the sing will be very helpfull too! With this I can easy set the vocals for the mouth

animation.

What I right now need, are ides for the enviroment. I don´t have any. To build things after is no so hard, but to make them look extremly like the original is much more work.

So that what I want, make something fo Tierra =)

Okay, I'm sure 8 of 12 is sick of hearing stuff from me by now, but this is more for Sallim.

Sallim, do you have some kind of computer animating program that you intend to make the Tierra De los Muertos movie with? How does it work?

Oh, and in case you still wanted to know (or didn't know already) Tomas Encion looks like a skeleton with a red fedora, red suit coat, red slacks and a black turtleneck (from the drawing I saw.) Hopefully you know what Number Two looks like (I have a few drawings of him making different faces if you want them.)

Also, I'd love to help out on this. I got some other friends that might also like to help.

Hello Incredible_d, why is 8 of 12 sick of you ?=)

Yes I have a program which can make most of stuff which have to do with 3d animation. Its called 3d Studio Max ( 4 ) and its great ( and powerfull ), but very difficult.

3dsmax

Thanks for the info of the character, still I dont know to much, buts enough. Lets see whta 8 of 12 says to this =) (He is the project leader, if you want , call him master :D )

Want help out? What your freinds can do? Which software they use?

I think you all see my pictures in the GF Forum, but no much poeple know, that the biggest problem is the last. To rendering all the scenes will be take much time ( or I dont use nice effects ^_^ ) Just have an 2Ghz AMD so it could be that for one scene the pc have to wrok more than 36h on the row! But we will see..

so far.. bye

Arthur

D, go to the Grimfandango.net forum and check out the thread about making Grim Fandango 2. Sal posted his work there.

Do you happen to have any of the Tierra art, in particular the coloured wallpaper? If so, please post it here in this thread. I don't have my computer with me yet, and don't know when it will arrive. But I typed with Sal for a while last night, and the most logical thing to go for is a 3D animated movie, using the style of the wallpaper as what the skeletons are going to look like. That gives less reason for LucasArts to protest if anything actually happens with this, you see?

And if you want to help... what can you do? :)

Wallpaper. Top update: Everything else.

Sallim, your stuff looks great so far. One random suggestion - if you're finding the lip sync stuff difficult, I think you can get programs to do most of the work for you. In fact, I seem to remember reading in an interview that the Grim Fandango team sneakily used some free Microsoft program to do theirs - of course, you might be using a completely different method that makes this impossible, but it's worth a look anyway. :)

Thanks for the wallpapers and other stuff =) Helps alot!

Who done this work ?=)

So the lip sync is done in another way?

How they do that. I heard it too, that they use a little Micro$oft tool.

Where I can get informations about it ?=)

Originally posted by 8 of 12

And if you want to help... what can you do? :)

Yeah, well, that's the problem, 8 of 12 and Sallim. I can't do any of the stuff that you can't probably do, and frankly, I doubt I could help. You see, I don't have any good programs. No photoshop, no good sound program, no animation programs, nothing. I might be able to work on wallpapers. I also have the Grim Fandango video game and I used to have Scumm Revisited, which can get sounds and other things from it, but, damn it, I can't re-download Scumm Revisited until the server is up. So right now, neither me nor my friends can be of much help. But if there MIGHT happen to be SOMETHING that you think I could do, tell me and I'll try. Thanks.

Cool D!

When there is a thing we can do, I mail you ! ;)

Scumm Revisited? One of my favprite tools, just love t =)

Which version you´ve used? 3a oder the old 2?

I used both of them, helped me very much ;)

So its time to say..see later :rolleyes:

Archived