Home

New Species Mod

The Cheat

i was wondering if anybody knows if it would be possible to create a mod that adds more species to choose from in single player. i have thought about it and i have decided that it would probably be possible, they would just have to set it up so that you are able to change things about the model.

for example, mars is making a new clone/mandalorian pack, i think it would be cool to have mandalorian as a new species (im using it as an example) they would just have to make different things changable such as helmet/no helmet, the ability to choose jet pack/no jet pack/type of jet pack. they would also be able to choose the color of the armor, and different things they would wear.

what do you all think? i think it would be possible, but difficult but once somebody makes one, if it is possible, i am sure more people would make new species that can be changes, i also think it would make mulitplayer more enjoyable

post your thoughts

in your original post, you talk about both singleplayer and multiplayer, so....JO models will work almost automatically, its been said, with JA, so actually creating (modelling) those new species and putting them in the game will not be difficult. i dont know how the system will work, but i imagine you would have to create a seperate new skin for each leg, arm, torso, etc. that you wanted to have available in a different color/pattern. actually, now that i re-read your post i see that you are talking about model customizations, okay. i forget what system it was, but in other Q3 games such as RtCW and SoF2, it is possible to make the NPCs have randomly different outfits, belts, goggles, etc., giving a more personalized appearance to each character. as far as JA goes..it would not surprise me if a similar system was employed, but i also wouldnt be surprised if they just go simple and leave skins as the only customizable character option (other than race).

I'm certainly hoping that it will be possible to utilise some of the NPC models from SP as further selections for the player via a mod. It would be nice if you could pick a Wookiee, for example. The devs said somewhere it should be relatively easy to add more skin combinations for the existing models...but they didn't mention much about adding completely new models for player selection in SP. If it is possible, then I think there might be more incentive for people to produce some very good quality models of the other SW races...

Archived