Home

New Types of Dismemberment?

Obi-Wan X

Do you believe that Raven may have added new types of dismemberment into JA? I for one would love to cleave an opponent in half ( vertically, not horizontal), or pretty much have them split depending on where my saber went. Such as if I sliced diagonally, then they would split diagonally ^_^.

Slicing off the top of an opponents head ( not the whole head) would also be enjoyable ... >_>....<_<

From what i've seen, JA seems to put more sight into the wounds of a lightsaber.

Such new dismemberments are definitely possible, (and sound fun) but I think it's probably gonna be like JO, where one can only lop off hands and arms. However, Raven will probably include the other dismemberments in the game and will likely be activated through the console window, just like JO. I'd like to have a dismemberment where you cut off both legs in one hit and their torsos fall to the ground.

no, i dont believe Raven will ever do that. which doesnt really matter, because its Lucasarts prerogative. do any of the DF series games have blood? no. gibs/gore? no. and i dont believe any other LA game does, either (perhaps, but no massive blood or anything). keep in mind that the default, non-edited JO game has only dismemberment for what, hands and arms? dismemberment caps (i think thats what theyre called) didnt even have to be made for legs, heads, and torsos. furthermore, no weapon damage was recorded on any model (blaster holes, etc) and the cap texture was just a glowing orange/brown mass. this isnt Soldier of Fortune. dont expect anything new for JA, a Quake3 based game with a non-gory predecessor, published by Lucasarts. the odds are against you.

however, i would love an intuitive system for damage recording, modeling, and dismemberment, similar to SoF2. it would have to be for a more powerful engine though, because limbs in SoF2 were all jagged at the edges. wait a few years for either: a mod for a SW saber game, or a non-LA SW saber game. why? because then it would be rated M, and Lucasarts doesnt make M games.

Originally posted by Neverhoodian

Such new dismemberments are definitely possible, (and sound fun) but I think it's probably gonna be like JO, where one can only lop off hands and arms. However, Raven will probably include the other dismemberments in the game and will likely be activated through the console window, just like JO. I'd like to have a dismemberment where you cut off both legs in one hit and their torsos fall to the ground.

You've clearly never used the cg_saberrealisticcombat 1 code XD You can do just that then.

realistic saber combat code blew. it sucked coz it created one hit kills, and ofcoarse (even on JM difficulty) it makes the game even more ridiculasly easy

it is kind of childish to "demand" this kind of gore as it is totally unneccessary, and pretty much unrealistic...

and even if there is an option to turn it off, what kind of 'kid' is going to do that?

realistic saber combat code blew. it sucked coz it created one hit kills, and ofcoarse (even on JM difficulty) it makes the game even more ridiculasly easy

I agree, I loved the dismemberment, but it made things far to easy.

it is kind of childish to "demand" this kind of gore as it is totally unneccessary, and pretty much unrealistic...

I'm not really "demanding" anything ;) . And to be quite honest, I don't see how its unrealistic. The lightsaber cuts AND burns on touch, and I feel that if I swing my lightsaber at a characters head and it hits them, then the head should come off a flyin...

Of course the saber realistic combat code did just that, but like I said, it was easy. I'm simply asking for just a few more options to this.

Is there any single player code that dismembers body parts on the kill hit, but the saber damage stays the same?

Archived