Home

DX2 intro movie: OMG

deusx_thumb001.jpg pc_deusex1200_thumb010.jpg

Will you choose to play Alex D. as a man...

....or as woman?

Two words: I. WANT.

No, the graphics are not Half-Life 2. No, it isn't Doom3. Graphics is not this game's main focus (how innovative is that? Heh heh). DO NOT even think of comparing this one to those. You can spend hours counting polygons and dissing the quality of the bumpmapping, but where would that get you with DX2? There are too many differences. DX2 is in a league of its own. After watching this intro, I so badly want to play it far more to find out what happens next, storywise. I wasn't even paying attention to the graphics anymore, this movie's premise got me all wound up. It's like a science fiction suspense film I want to take part in: Blade Runner + Gattaca + La Jetee + ?. Aaaarrggghhhh!!!!!

And now I'm going to watch it again.

Deus Ex 2 intro movie (640x480, 2:54, WMV)

*downloading*

Ooh! 3Dgamers uses bittorrent to distribute their files, brilliant!!

If you want to download the movie try to use bittorent cause it is a great way to distribute files, you help 3dgamers by reducing their bandwith while you help other people download fast aswell as getting full speeds yourself. Try it :)

Isn't the default good enough? Shareaza has bittorrent capacities if you want that.

And to the movie itself. It is a rather interesting movie I must say even though I don't understand half of it. Who are you going to play? Who is bad and who is good (in terms of you as the player is the good one)?

The DX world seems to have evolved rather much since the first incarnations with flying bots and other fun things. I can imagine it being rather difficult to try to fight those. :)

Oh, and those glowing eyes. The give me the creeps.

Originally posted by ragou

...It is a rather interesting movie I must say even though I don't understand half of it. Who are you going to play? Who is bad and who is good (in terms of you as the player is the good one)?

The DX world seems to have evolved rather much since the first incarnations with flying bots and other fun things. I can imagine it being rather difficult to try to fight those. :)

Surely a 3 minute cutscene can't possibly explain everything, ragsie. If it did you've no more reason to play this game. :p

Oh, and those glowing eyes. The give me the creeps.

Mmmm, I actually find them sexy. But then I also had fantasies about Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. There's something erotic in a gorgeous hunk with nano augs in his system. Oooh....

Originally posted by Homoludens

Surely a 3 minute cutscene can't possibly explain everything, ragsie. If it did you've no more reason to play this game. :p

I know, but it must be criminal to let out a 3 minute movie to make me interested and then not supplying me with the game too so I can find out. :D

Mmmm, I actually find them sexy. But then I also had fantasies about Rutger Hauer in Blade Runner. There's something erotic in a gorgeous hunk with nano augs in his system. Oooh....

I rather dislike those glowing eyes (from an attraction point of view, it probably serves a good cause in the game, hey that may be why JC always had sun-glasses? :)).

1)Isn't the default good enough? Shareaza has bittorrent capacities if you want that.

2)And to the movie itself. It is a rather interesting movie I must say even though I don't understand half of it. Who are you going to play? Who is bad and who is good (in terms of you as the player is the good one)?

3)Oh, and those glowing eyes. The give me the creeps.

1)Meh, I thought it might've been like all those opensource things (Jabber, e.g.) which have multiple unofficial clients, many of which are better than the official. I really haven't looked into it, 'cause no one's offered anything bittorrent exclusive yet (a programmer's inherent laziness).

2)You play Alex something or other. The name is purposely unisex, as you choose the gender you wish to play.

3)Your momma gives me the creeps. Yargh, you people who get to see the movie before I do. ;)

I know, but it must be criminal to let out a 3 minute movie to make me interested and then not supplying me with the game too so I can find out.

one of the reasons i am not gonna see it until the game comes out :p

Either way i AM gonna buy it :D

As for your answer Trep...i will choose the female one ;)

What i find fascinating about this game is the ultimate freedom of doing and passing the stages AS YOU WANT :D

Originally posted by pleto4_ryan

one of the reasons i am not gonna see it until the game comes out :p

Either way i AM gonna buy it :D

As for your answer Trep...i will choose the female one ;)

What i find fascinating about this game is the ultimate freedom of doing and passing the stages AS YOU WANT :D

You mean you can finish the levels as a merchant selling useless garbage to people? Or being house wife and stay with your kids? Or perhaps the freedom is a little limited after all?

Originally posted by Homoludens

DO NOT even think of comparing this one to those. You can spend hours counting polygons and dissing the quality of the bumpmapping, but where would that get you with DX2?

Somehow, Trep, I don't think that's anything you have to worry about on these forums ;)

BTW, downloaded that movie. Holy crap, I want that game! :eek: It's just more incentive to buy a new PC (arhghghg)

Archived