Home

AH choppy! help?!

mr2turbo

ok well i had jk2 installed for like 3 months and it has worked fine. then i reformatted the other day - reinstalled jk2 and 1.04 - went to play some MP and it was choppy as hell. like constantly choppy with spikes of 1 second delays. i dunno whats up this has not happened to me before. anyway i thought it might just have been a bad insall so i re-installed again and still the same result. if you guys have any ideas at all of what to do let me know cuz i can barely play like this - thanks...

I think it is related to that soon to be master server switch.

Around the time that message started popping up on the connect screen my JK2 did the same thing, as did several players I know.

For those of you who are unsure of what I mean open the console and type:

\cg_lagometer 1

The bottom yellow/green bar should run a steady pattern but you will notice about every 1-2 seconds it gets massive spikes.

The game is about 80% unplayable for those of us affected by this and I really hope this is resolved for the master server on JA launch.

I don’t know if you run a router but every person I know affected by this does, and I know there was a problem with the latest version of punk buster in SoF 2 and certain routers (some GUID error) so if this seems to be isolated to people behind routers we may want to drop Raven a line and inform them.

It has to; so many people are being affected by it.

Sometimes I'm fine but like yesterday, I could not even walk from one end of ctf_ns_streets to the other w/o falling off because my packet loss was so bad.

I unhooked my router just to see if it was like that deal w/ SoF 2 and punk buster but it still was crap even w/o the router.

No idea either.

Some people (a lot) got hit really hard by it and others it never touched.

It started a few days after the update message began appearing on server connect screens.

It has not let up since for some of us.

A lot of people think it's just a "laggy" server but as you can see when you ping the raven jk2 master directly it's an issue between the client and the master server.

I (we) have 0 issues with our connections.

I play dozens of games online and even play other games raven hosts a master server for and the only one I have any issue with is jk2.

And since it didn't start until this change went into affect, it's pretty safe to say that's the source of the problem for all of us having trouble with this.

Considering that once it was updated, the “issues” were supposed to be resolved, but seeing as how it’s only getting worse I think something may have gone wrong.

I also know it’s not related to firewalls and routers because I still get 25-75% packet loss when all are disabled.

Archived