Home

Wtf happenned to {CT}{Guns} ?

tweedman

Sorry but a CTF Server that says "saber off = peace" is not a pure CTF server. Just a bunch of noobs running around private dueling eachother, much like they do in FFA. Basically with the rules on that server, I can go cap a flag and then run back to my base with my saber off and not get attacked by anyone because my saber was off and just rack up caps like that. And if someone did attack me, I'd just call an admin and get him kicked/banned.

I remember playing CTF on grendel one day w/ rumor and I guess he forgot to disable emotes or something.

it was funny, the other team made a "wall" of people w/ that /am "arms up in the air like I'm being mugged" emote (w/e it's called) around the flag.

Back when =X= mod came out they forgot to disable emotes on their server as well.

FC's used to /amsit all the time to avoid hits.

it was actually kind of funny really to watch people dodge rage+dfa's by going "Indian style".

Doesn't CT guns enable the destroyer cheat and have like 0 force regen time as well? I think I remember going there, only to leave minutes later after I realized the main defensive strategy there was simply one guy pulling over and over (a strategy which works, frusturating enough, due to the force regen)

that server is still up, but i hardly see anyone on it now. i never really liked it that much. what kind of ctf server runs a jedi academy mod? so many times ive seen people run into my b ase, then when someone starts firing at them, they amsit because they think they cant get hurt, only to die when i shoot rockets into the floor. and another thing that pissed me off was how there was no map rotation, and it was ALWAYS set on warring factions, which is fun sometimes but gets boring after constant play. i remember a whole bunch of people made up a clan called [FaNtA] in that server, and all they ever did was hide up in the sky and start pretending to be army people, and when i'd shoot dozens of rockets up their asses from down below, they'd get all crazy and scream "MAN DOWN! MAN DOWN! I've been spotted!" and all this other annoying crap.

and mediablitz is right about the force regen. it's so high that a person can literally pull forever and not run out of force. sure you can use absorb, but you'd still get jerked back everytime he used pull on you, which gets annoying after some time....

Archived