Home

WIP: Ewok Village (Endor)

Matt-Liell

Well a very early WIP at this stage, and I only have shots from Radiant itself becuase the map will be lit with torches and I haven't got to the stage of all those effects yet. Now this map will big Huge and High! Many levels many little areas, a sniper and froce push and grip users paradise. Now here are some of the shots I have for you. Any textures given will be greatly appreciated.

Ewokvillage1b.jpg

Ewokvillage2b.jpg

Ewokvillage3b.jpg

EDIT:

If you can't read what I wrote because of that adverstisment blocking it this is what I said!

Well a very early WIP at this stage, and I only have shots from Radiant itself becuase the map will be lit with torches and I haven't got to the stage of all those effects yet. Now this map will big Huge and High! Many levels many little areas, a sniper and froce push and grip users paradise. Now here are some of the shots I have for you. Any textures given will be greatly appreciated.

Matt, I started one of these a long time back, this looks cool.

One thing - start by picking a time of day, and then examine screenshots of the Ewok Village and pictures in general of the RedWood forrest where it was filmed. You'll soon be able to identify which colors you want everything to be, and probably make a few plant models to drop in around your level.

You need to minimize brush usage and maximize the possible size of the village - those rope bridges can get nasty really quick.

Originally posted by Wudan

Matt, I started one of these a long time back, this looks cool.

One thing - start by picking a time of day, and then examine screenshots of the Ewok Village and pictures in general of the RedWood forrest where it was filmed. You'll soon be able to identify which colors you want everything to be, and probably make a few plant models to drop in around your level.

You need to minimize brush usage and maximize the possible size of the village - those rope bridges can get nasty really quick.

Ya, I have 2 reference shots, one in the light of day and one at night, the night one would look cooler and easier to light up and would make for better game play IMO so its almost a sure thing that it will be in the night time. Sorry about the shots its hard to get a good feel of it in Radiant but I want to complete the whole map in basics with all the lights done before testing it. Anyway, thanks for the comments and if anyone has any reference shots of the big "cerimony" (sp?) place where Luke and Han are taking in front of C-3P0 and are going to be burned it would be appreciated, I'm going to make that o the top most level for a dueling area.

If you want to use patches, putting -subdivision XX in your compile will reduce the polygons on them. I think 8 or 16 is the default, try 24 or 32 (you'd think it would make it more dense, but my tests proved otherwise).

BSP stage, by the way.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived