Home

Saber lock concern

Tarus

Is anyone else concerned that in multiplay saber locks are going to go to the best scripter again? In Jedi Outcast when a non-scripter went against someone with a lock script it wasn't very easy to win, if even possible.

How do you think this will turn out in Jedi Academy? Saber locks seem much more lethal.

Heh, http://xmod.cat5camp.com

I developed a simple (easily hacked) script detection mod for xmod. Basically I wrote it so I could get me a list of people in the CTF community that scripted. When I was done with my fun I released the client mod to the public. I'm not sure that I will create something like this for ja as it took more time then it was worth.

Originally posted by Iridium77

I don't like saberlocks at all in MP. There is nothing exciting about "who can hammer the fire button faster". I sure can do without that. It should be just turned off serverside.

No.

Originally posted by obsideo

My script is a tricked out electric toothbrush ducktaped to my left mouse button. Awww yeeah.

I use a gas-powered dipping bird...

Didn't the last game have it as able to be turned off server side? It should be similar on this one too. Saberlocks stink, its a click fest, sometimes i'm not hyped up enough on sugar and amp to win those things. Luckly force push will attempt to break them at level 3.

As for scripting, I wouldnt see why you would need a script to do the moves? I have some slight trouble whipping out the kata moves exactly when I want, but all the others come pretty easily. It's not that hard to hit all those buttons at once, and with practice they should come out much easier then a scripter can. Not to mention, there are only so many keys that your finger has access to. Every button a scripter takes up for a simple move, is a button he can't use for a force power. I don't know about you, but my fingers are already crowded enough that I can only have my keys configured for one side of the force at a time.

Using a script in a saber lock will usually allow you to win the saber lock and attack before the other guy gets a chance to use a force power. And of course in no force servers scripts WILL win over manual clicking, no questions asked. And you'll have a whole millisecond to take advantage of the scripter not being able to use any force powers against you from the time he/she hits the button to the time the special move is executed. Big advantage on your part there...:rolleyes:

Archived