Home

Not enough Customization for you? Try these cool Demo cheats!

Kurgan

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes that jawa skin is awesome :) Since I found out how to do that I haven't used my base character. I plan to play the whole game as a Jawa.

But the best thing is that if you change from your playermodel to the jawa then you can spawn other jawa's and they will not run from you.

I love to have force jump 3 and pull 3 then jump as high as you can and pull a bunch of jawas with you.

That scream is priceless :)

Also, I heard that the jawa would not be a skin in mutliplayer. Is that correct? If so we need a mod.....really soon :)

Also, I always toss jawas on the tatooine level right before you turn off the tractor beams. I noticed that you cannot go to where chewie is fighting the enemies (you can see him if you force jump) but if you toss jawas in that direction they CAN go over there. They can also land (rather harshly) on surfaces that you cannot normaly go (without the noclip option). Also, if you use no clip to go to where chewie is fighting you will notice that you cannot kill anyone and they cannot kill you....you can still choke them and pull them and all that stuff but they don't die.

Nothing big, just thought it was cool :)

Using playermodel Kyle seems to "reset" the sounds, size or movement so if you ever get goofed up, just type that and then playermodel player again... you'll be back to normal.

C3PO (protocol) looks hilarious holding a gun (he holds it in a weird way, just try it).

I noticed some things...

The droids can't strafe or jump, and they can't use sabers (although they can use Saber Throw.. and C3pO holds his in a strange way).

However, they have TURBO FISTS! Switch to melee mode (weapon 14) and they punch as fast as Kyle does using Speed!

Found another droid NPC Spawn/PlayerModel:

Protocol_imp

It's the "Death Star Droid" that we saw in JK2, he's back!

The "gloat" emote works great, thanks for pointing that out. You get a different animation depending on the stance and saber type (and you can turn your saber off or on during it). Not bad. ; )

The only thing that is goofy is if you use a gun with it... it still plays the sabers sounds (and in the case of Dual Sabers, it shows the "sparks" as if you were holding two blades instead of a gun).

Thank you to whoever found the g_saberpickuppabledroppedsabers cheat!!! I just had the one fight that encompasses everything good about this game.

I started out by controlling Kyle. I spawned two cultist with one saber (each used a different stance) and one who used a staff. I used Kyles single saber to quickly kill the cultist with the red stance. Then I took his saber....now I have two and I killed the cultist with the staff...then I took his staff....then I killed the cultist with one saber easily....then I took his saber :) That was the coolest match I have ever played.

Also, when I was playing around with this I finally broke a cultists staff. I found that I could do it best by using two sabers and doing a left strafed spin move (hold left strafe and attack). You can actually hear when it is about to happen. the sound changes to the sound that you get when you walk up to one of those exploding crates and you let your saber touch it. when you hear that sound you know that you hit the cultists hilt instead of his blade...it took like 2 or 3 hits before it actually broke...and the cool thing was that he still had some kata moves from the staff stance along with the new two saber stance. I thought that was cool.

Originally posted by Krause

I was messing with the saber commands by typing g_saber in the console and then hitting tab to see what it comes out with.

One of the thing I got was g_SaberMoreRealistic. I thought I found the dismemberment command however when you try this it tells the command is "write protected"

okay, this is basic, old-school soldier of fortune cvar fun...

try /hash g_sabermorerealistic

if no good, com_d g_sabermorerealistic

if no good, cl_hash_exec g_sabermorerealistic

if none of that works, i'm not sure. ill have to f' around in the console to come up with more, gimme a little bit.

I can't get the playermodel change to work what am i not doing that isnt in the original post? the demo tells me "cannot fall back to default model stormtrooper" when i choose any of the character models none of which btw was a stormtrooper :p please let me know when u get the chance to see this post

Originally posted by Kurgan

I honestly *don't know.*

Perhaps you can always cut people in half, it's just really really really rare?

Or maybe it's something only Kyle can do? Not sure...

Like I said, that screenshot is the first time I've ever seen it in all the time I've spent playing the demo.

i spawned chewie, then lopped him in half. doesn't seem too common, though

Hi Guys !

The 3 sabers cheat only worked for me using reborn_staff, it gave me all sorts of bizarre error messages when i typed in cultist_staff...........something to do with not finding a stormtrooper ???

But even when I get it going with the reborn, the poor guy cant swing his arms properly when he is running so moves forward in a static type position, sorta like Neo whizzin along in Matrix Reloaded ! :p

Also, all the other characters were not able to receive any damage ?! I just kept slicing and slicing and they just stood there !!

Anyone else had this !?

I'm not too perturbed anyway, I like the dual blade JUST FINE ! Plus, I gotta add, My Twilek lady is a cyber hottie !

MTFBWYA

Spoler Free for Episode 3

**apologies in advance to fiancee for lack of attention to her post- Sep 17**

Well, I find out that, if you turn your character in to some "BAD GUY" like Gran or cultist using "playermodel", You are automatic join the "enemy" team, and in DEMO, the same team couldn't hurt each other.

So you have to use the "playerteam player"to jump ship.

I haven't had a chance to really mess with these much, but here they are (found them on another forum):

Modify your Jedi Mid-Game:

playermodel <jedi_type> <head> <torso> <lower>

Basically fill in the variables!

jedi_types:

jedi_hm (Human Male)

jedi_hf (Human Female)

jedi_tf (Twi'Lek Female)

jedi_rm (Rodian Male)

jedi_zf (Zabrak Female)

jedi_kdm (or might be just km; Kel Dor Male)

heads:

(again there may be more that I haven't listed and not the same number of ones exist for each class):

head_XX

(where XX can be a1-3, b1-3, c1-3, d1-3, etc)

torsos:

torso_XX

"lowers" (legs):

lower_XX

So an example would be this:

playermodel jedi_hm head_b1 torso_d1 lower_a1

You can also change your soundclass:

snd "<jedi_type>"

(be sure to put quotes around it)

Example:

snd "jedi_rm"

(should give you Rodian Male sounds)

Nemios already mentioned how to modify the third person viewpoint (but without a semi-transparent skin, it still looks wrong and Force Speed causes a slight goof up):

(Default values are in parenthesis):

cg_thirdpersonRange 0 (80)

cg_thirdpersonVertOffset -4 (16)

cg_thirdpersonCameraDamp 1 (0.3)

cg_thirdpersonTargetDamp 1 (0.5)

In JK2 there was a model called Kyle/FPLS that was used for this, but it doesn't seem to work here.

So it looks like if no working FPLS 1 cvar is offered in the full version for SP (or MP) we can still make it work by duplicating the semi-transparent Kyle skin from JO. Of course then it will only work on modded servers... but will be perfectly fine in SP for sabers (or melee).

And finally, somebody (sorry I forgot your name!) mentioned this cool cheat:

give ammo_force

Adds a force crystal (just like JK2) to your inventory. Hit enter to use it. It will fill your mana to full + add 25 extra points.

So you go from 0 to 125 with one crystal. Add a second crystal and you get 150 total, three 175, four 200 and you're maxed out.

The extra mana points stay there until you use them, and when your mana recharges you will return to your normal maximum of 100.

Unfortunatley there's no icon for the item, so it's just a solid gray box. But it works. ; )

Hmm.. wonder how they got the full version cheats?

Can you say WAREZ? I knew you could.

Stupid Gamewinners... this is as bad as Amazon.com posting "reviews" of products that haven't been released yet, from users.

; p

Update:

Okay, so maybe they're not pirates, they're just lazy.

Upon closer inspection, it looks like they just pasted the demo cheats and the JK2 cheats together (notice "map pit" is still there, heh). Fly_Xwing of course does NOT work in JA. So they just copied that one from JK2 as well.

The guy who submitted the ncp spawn cheats did copy my list verbatim (note the comments). ; )

I have tried in the past to send them code corrections, but it seems they just post whatever people send them and don't ever change it or test it.

I found a few more NPCs to spawn in...

rebornweequay

reborntrandoshan

rebornrodian

They all spawn in okay, but none of them are textured, and they're relatively easy to take down.

I had a look in the .pk3 files, and there is a lot of stuff still in there that is a hangover from JK2. None of those would spawn in, of course, and won't appear in the full game either.

I was wondering, though...if someone added the necessary JK2 assets into JA's .pk3 file, would you then be able to spawn these old characters in as well?

Archived