Home

Mi 2 Ending

Swedishman

Originally posted by Alien426

Many would disagree with me, but trust me, I know for sure!

I'd really like to see your proof to back up that claim. A recent interview with one of the leads on CMI says that the ending is meant to make it out that he was just a boy in a theme park with an overactive imagination, and the stuff with elaine and the lechuck eyes were just to leave it open for a sequel should on ever come about (which it did, but with different leads on the project which is why they didn't dwell on the mi2 ending).

So basically, the original intention was to have guybrush just be a small child, but that was axed because of the whole CMI thing.

Of course, dave grossman seems to think that the MI2 ending was a result of coffee beans being switch to decafe.

What a great read.

I really hope that the whole thing was a child's imagination and not some voodoo bollocks. It's a deeply satisfying answer to the secret of monkey island, and a really neat idea in itself.

If only Mr.Gilbert were around to comment...

I doubt Gilbert will ever have anything to say about that. But still, as stated in the article (under the "Breaking news" part) and in other posts on this forum, the article has been confirmed to be pretty much spot on by people like Tim Schafer, Dave Grossman, Larry Ahern and Bill Tiller.

Archived