Home

Not Enough Customization for Full Version? Try these Cheats! (*SPOILERS*)

Kurgan

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know Kurgan will think my posts way off topic but the end result would be a cool cheat.

I think the ally / enemy alliegances are dynamic ingame, they must be or the Mind Trick wouldn't work properly.

So when you use the Mind Trick the enemy becomes an ally for a short while ( On a timer ) so there must be a way to spawn an enemy ( As an ally ) surely?

I apologise if my posts are off topic Kurgan but it's driving me mad lol :D

You'll notice that the initial player team setting for npcs seems to be set by the .npc files. if you wanted to switch a npc's team, I suggest you "create" a cloned copy of that npc with a different player team.

There's a quick example from the alora.npc file.

//The NPC's team
playerTeam	TEAM_ENEMY

//The NPC's enemy team
enemyTeam	TEAM_PLAYER

Originally posted by DarthButt

Does anyone know how do edit weapon strengths to make them stronger? Shem did this somehow in JO with his Ultimate MOD stuff. Not that I want to make the game easier but I mean really...how many times have you seen a Jedi slice someone in the gut and they keep shooting at you? Or a bad guy taking up to 5 deflected shots to the chest, head and neck area and just respond with a "uughh"? Any ideas?

Any more ideas? Anyone...anyone? :D

Originally posted by DarthButt

Does anyone know how do edit weapon strengths to make them stronger? Shem did this somehow in JO with his Ultimate MOD stuff. Not that I want to make the game easier but I mean really...how many times have you seen a Jedi slice someone in the gut and they keep shooting at you? Or a bad guy taking up to 5 deflected shots to the chest, head and neck area and just respond with a "uughh"? Any ideas?

Well if i am correct the way to do that is edit weapons.dat under ext_data in assets1.pk3, it should allow for such a modification. I don't know if weapon strength is there too or not. ;)

Is there a way to spawn enemies with the weapons you would like them to have(like a jedi w/ a sniper rifle or Tusken Raiders w/ lightsabers or even an npc with a jet pack)? If I missed it some where in the thread, sorry(kinda long).

*offtopic* -on the subject of MP, what is the g_weapondisable # for no saber,with sniper rifle, blastor pistol, and melee enabled?

Want to play sniper wars :)

*sorry one more offtopic subject*(trying not to flood the forums and this seemed like a good thread to post in) - How do you get rid of the "^" symbol before a black name, tried all the RTCW tricks, is there a name maker for JA already? I've also seen the dif. ascii symbol names is it trick using that :confused: .

*edited*one more thing is there a way to bind gloat and flourish in ffa or even bow and meditate to really annoy those no honorz

people?

;)

eniaC

shock1

You can only use the other "emotes" in PowerDuel and Duel and Single Player, not in FFA, sorry.

You can edit npc files but I haven't done a lot with that so I don't really know for sure.

If you know of an enemy with the weapon you want you can spawn him (like Granboxer has fists, Granshooter has an ST Rifle, Gran just has thermal detonators, etc).

Quote:

"Is there a way to spawn enemies with the weapons you would like them to have(like a jedi w/ a sniper rifle or Tusken Raiders w/ lightsabers or even an npc with a jet pack)? If I missed it some where in the thread, sorry(kinda long)."

Yes there is, and all of it can be found in the npc files.

This is one I made up for yoda:

yoda

{

playerModel yoda

saber yoda

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 4

saberStyle 6

saberStyle 7

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 0

FP_LIGHTNING 0

FP_SABERTHROW 3

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 0

FP_SEE 3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

forcePowerMax 900

rank captain

reactions 5

aim 5

move 5

aggression 3

evasion 5

intelligence 5

playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER

enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY

class CLASS_LUKE

yawSpeed 140

runSpeed 400

// race human

snd yoda

sndcombat yoda

sndjedi yoda

scale 55

health 2000

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 0

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 0

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

Everything listed here can be changed. Also if a line isn't there you can add it with no probs or sometimes you have to get rid of lines. Eg: the npc file above is just an altered luke.npc file. It didn't have a scale line in there so I had to add that.

to change the weapon an npc uses just alter the command line... weapon WP_SABER change to weapon WP_BLASTER or whatever weapon you want them to use.

playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER

enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY

just swap those over if you want to change the team of the character.

class CLASS_LUKE -this sets up non changable character traits and will also change how other bots react to you. Also makes it possible to set certain 'specific character only moves' like tavion style would be under CLASS_TAVION, This one's a bit wierd in that it wont work all the time. I think it tries to overwrite and default back on ya.

If you wanted to be able to spawn a player team yoda and an enemy team yoda it's best just to add another entry in the npc file so it would look like this:

yoda

{

playerModel yoda

saber yoda

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 4

saberStyle 6

saberStyle 7

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 0

FP_LIGHTNING 0

FP_SABERTHROW 3

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 0

FP_SEE 3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

forcePowerMax 900

rank captain

reactions 3

aim 3

move 3

aggression 3

evasion 5

intelligence 3

playerTeam TEAM_PLAYER

enemyTeam TEAM_ENEMY

class CLASS_LUKE

yawSpeed 140

runSpeed 400

// race human

snd yoda

sndcombat yoda

sndjedi yoda

scale 55

health 2000

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 0

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 0

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

sith_yoda

{

playerModel yoda

customskin red

saber sith_yoda

sabercolor red

weapon WP_SABER

saberStyle 4

saberStyle 6

saberStyle 7

FP_HEAL 3

FP_LEVITATION 3

FP_SPEED 3

FP_PUSH 3

FP_PULL 3

FP_TELEPATHY 3

FP_GRIP 0

FP_LIGHTNING 0

FP_SABERTHROW 3

FP_RAGE 0

FP_PROTECT 0

FP_ABSORB 0

FP_DRAIN 0

FP_SEE 3

FP_SABER_DEFENSE 3

FP_SABER_OFFENSE 3

forcePowerMax 900

rank captain

reactions 3

aim 3

move 3

aggression 3

evasion 5

intelligence 3

playerTeam TEAM_ENEMY

enemyTeam TEAM_PLAYER

class CLASS_TAVION

yawSpeed 140

runSpeed 400

// race human

snd yoda

sndcombat yoda

sndjedi yoda

scale 55

health 2000

dismemberProbHead 0

dismemberProbArms 0

dismemberProbLegs 0

dismemberProbHands 0

dismemberProbWaist 0

}

Also you might want to set a saber style and lock that style to an npc. You can see in this yoda.npc file I've set the saberstyle to 4 6 and 7 which are duel, staff and yellow fast. I've kept him with a single saber only though so it'll force the npc to use dual and staff style with the single saber. For this to be fully locked though (so the npc wont default back to single saber styles) you add a set of command lines in the sabers.sab file for your character.

this is one I added for yoda:

Yoda

{

name "Skywalker"

saberType SABER_SINGLE

saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_luke/saber_w.glm"

soundOn "sound/weapons/saber/saberon.wav"

soundLoop "sound/weapons/saber/saberhum5.wav"

soundOff "sound/weapons/saber/saberoff.wav"

saberLength 28

saberStyle dual

lockBonus 2

parryBonus 2

disarmBonus 2

saberColor green

}

sith_Yoda

{

name "Reborn"

saberType SABER_SINGLE

saberModel "models/weapons2/saber_reborn/saber_w.glm"

saberLength 28

saberStyle dual

lockBonus 2

parryBonus 2

disarmBonus 2

saberColor red

}

You can see there I've locked yoda's saber style to dual with a single saber. You can add more styles by adding another line like saberstyle strong or whatever. If you want them to swap and change through all different styles simply don't add the line saberstyle and the npc will use all the styles you stated in the npc file.

If you want to create an npc that acts like boba_fett simply copy everything in the boba_fett.npc paste it into a new npc file and change the name to the new character you want. Everything should then be set up for that npc to act like boba_fett.

If you have any more questions just ask, I've done heaps of npc file alterations.

===One thing I haven't been able to find is a way to change the speed for saber styles, ANYONE know where this is listed or how I could change this? Thanks.

And on another note it looks like you can import the sp missions for outcast into academy so you can play Outcast with the Academy engine. Takes some work cause you have to add maps, textures and some map prefabs but it works. I've played the first 4 missions of Outcast in Academy.

Ok I don't know if some one posted this already but if you would like all 7 stance's at level one or where ever you want before building a new saber getting the dual sabers or staff saber follow this.

I stumbled upon it lastnight

type shift + ~ type devmap ( eneble cheats )

type setforceall and hit enter it will show you the amounts 1-3 for all your force powers

sift + ~ (close consol)

hit the L key and you will have all the game stances it fun to hack some one up with one saber using dual blade stance or staff stance

enjoy :)

Two quick questions:

1. What is the spawn code for the mutated rancor? Can it be spawned in into an MP game at all? I do know how to get in other thingies (I'm going to let my LAN-buddies fight a plain rancor or two :D ) so that is not the problem.

2. What is the give code for the cloak? I think I've tried everything :mad: (e.g "give ??????" <-- what should be here? it is not cloak, cloaking_device or cloak_device). Well, not everything, the I would have known the code but anyway.

While your at it, do you know the codes for the jetpack and the E-Web? I DO know the command for getting all of them, but I only want one at a time...

1. Just found the mutated rancor spawn on the first page :rolleyes: Should'a looked closer (mutant_rancor if you want it and are too lazy to go back)

2. Well, considering the "give all" command gives you the cloak I kinda assume there is a cloak only give. May not exist though.

Maybe I should have been clearer; I mean in MP of course.

[edit] Never mind about the cloak either, I cracked it myself :D May have been posted before (I'm too lazy to check) but here it goes

give item_cloak

This probably means jetpack is item_jetpack and e-web item_eweb. Quite logical since bacta and such is also item_itemname... Should'a known :(

Re: r_we

Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

I've noticed that the cheat servers never use this command. It adds a lot of atmosphere to MP (running around in the rain, trying to avoid sith :jawa:'s :) ) I think Kurgan could let the meatgrinder be exposed to the elements as a test of whether people like it or not. You can also turn on the acid rain (without the rain effect) - which would be good for servers not wanting people just standing around chatting. Does anyone else like weather in MP?

And yes you can spawn a mutant rancor into MP (with cheats) but I warn you, he's big and laggy.... very big and laggy.

As to using the cloak in SP, I've never seen or done this. The Shadowtrooper NPC and Imperial Saboteur NPC's have this ability, but how to use it as the player? Dunno.

In MP Siege Lando can use it. With cheats anyone can use it in MP (with give all).

Hm. I noticed he/it was big, didn't have his/its bad breath (maybe he/it just didn't use it). I was running around alone so I didn't notice any lag though. Well, he'll scare the living crap out of my buddies though. They haven't played through SP...

I'm gonna have some big time fun at the upcoming LAN sneaking around with the cloak and using the fist special attacks to toss around the opposition :D

Bots are no fun to sneak up on as they see you though :(

And for the fiftyeleventh time (well, more like second), I mean in multiplayer, NOT SP.

Hi, sorry if I'm being an idiot (I usually am) but where are the NPC files? Because I can only find stuff like Assets and stuff. Thanks in advance. :)

P.S. Plus, thanks for all the other things in this thread, and especially for Skin Walkers document thingy :)

Archived