Home

Mp Sucks!!! Fix It

megafu

Raven have put there heart and soul in to this game and you already want a patch, talk about hard to impress :mad:

Look not every thing about JA is going to impress or amaze everyone, man this is just like what happened with JO, there were guys like you complaing that "this is crap" "that sucks", man just play the damn thing and enjoy it for what it is. :)

If Raven feel the need to release a patch then they will do so, fo now just have your fun in SP if you hate the MP. :)

And don't post anything more about MP without using the Spoiler tag, your ruining it for me, i haven't got the game yet.

Originally posted by Tesla

Raven have put there heart and soul in to this game and you already want a patch, talk about hard to impress :mad:

Look not every thing about JA is going to impress or amaze everyone, man this is just like what happened with JO, there were guys like you complaing that "this is crap" "that sucks", man just play the damn thing and enjoy it for what it is. :)

If Raven feel the need to release a patch then they will do so, fo now just have your fun in SP if you hate the MP. :)

And don't post anything more about MP without using the Spoiler tag, your ruining it for me, i haven't got the game yet.

Although I agree with most of what you said, I don't see how he, or anyone for that matter, needs to have a spoiler tag when talking about MP. There's no plot, he's not giving away an ending, or telling you how to get by a certain part. How is this ruining MP for you? All he's doing is pointing out a possible flaw, albeit rather harshly. He is entitled to his opinion.

May gosh, the game has been out for 48 hours and people are already declaring it a failure!

Learn the game first before you bash this or that... trust me, it takes time to master the game.

Even if (and this is a hypothetical) you had (illegally) grabbed the warez and played for 2 weeks (tops) you would still not be a master, especially since you only had a chance to play against a very limited pool of people.

And even now the number of players online is very very small compared to what it will be once the worldwide release has had a chance to sink in (again, most stores won't even get the game in stock until Friday). And these players are still learning, just like you.

One can't expect to master this game simply because you mastered the demo, or even JK2. The subtle differences make ALL the difference.

Then there's my little pet peeve wherein people judge the entire game based on their experiences in saber-only mode. ; p

You're entitled to your own opinion, I just think you lack experience that's all. The game should be more enjoyable once you've learned the counters.

Before you waste your breath (too late) whining for a patch, why don't you learn the game first? Seriously.

Originally posted by megafu

All the special moves are useless... MP is worse than JO 1.04. Please fix this Raven.

Please take this game back to where you bought it. It is not for you. Since you cannot master everything in 10 minutes, it must not worth playing. A patch will not make you good at this game :rolleyes:

Maybe if it was a true "new game" there would be a lot to learn but let's call it for what it is people:

Jedi Outcast with nice pretty maps and models (and a great SP game, but I am talking MP here) and with a lot of stuff taken out and a few (emphasis on few) new moves/weapons put in.

There is not an entire new physics system to learn other than the nerfed rolls.

There is not an entire new force system (or any new powers really) to learn other than a few tweaks to a couple of powers (that made them not as effective as they were in multiplayer in Jedi Outcast).

There is not an entire new saber combat system to learn.

As for saber combat, a dozen new moves sitting on top of an entirely recycled saber system is no different than going from base game play in Jedi Outcast to a jk++ server and getting a few new saber "styles".

It's not exactly a major learning curve for the experienced player if you know what I mean.

There is not an entire new gun combat system to learn.

I mean learning how to aim with a crosshair is going to apply to any gun, new or old.

And we are talking only 1 new gun here as well.

A lot of the "this sucks" stuff comes from this basic ideology:

Some are mad because it was not a true “new game” where we *did have to learn everything from scratch (think Jedi Knight to Jedi Outcast in terms of evolution) or,

Many are mad because all the good things were stripped out (from Jedi Outcast) or weakened and the only new additions are hardly adequate replacements for the old combos and styles that are no longer possible due to the removal of a few things.

And as for this whole "you can't master it in 2 days thing" yes you are right, but when people like myself "mastered" Jedi Outcast and reached a level of play that 99% of the community never came even close to, and considering that Jedi Academy is about 85% Jedi Outcast content (in terms of game play dynamics), I think some of us may have a clue and know a little more about "mastering" game play dynamics than a lot of you.

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it is the truth.

i only play sabers but:

nf:

special moves take force now, why? they already leave you open to attack and that's why they weren't used by elite players hardly at all so why make people who use special moves pay double for using them.

kata = crap, who wants a script that forces you to attack in place for 5 seconds leaving you totally open.

with double sabers it's just a flail fest, no finesse in that.

ff:

there's no way as it stands for a 1 v 1 with 2 decent players to end. kick i think can be turned on/off, but doesn't do the damage, plus combos are nerfed with the fallen opponent being able to kick up and do more damage wtf?

means no grip kick.

grip is nerfed, so no grip and hide.

but for some reason they left drain on... great, so now the nub who runs around with drain down is basically unkillable. this game has managed to become even more defense-based than 1.04.

and all of you need to stfu about owning. you don't know even know what that word means.

K, the games been out for like two days, and granted its alot like Jo but theres enough new stuff (especially saber combat) that itll take more then two days to perfect new strategies (and i dont care how much of a JO junkie you were, it takes more then two days to master the new stuff) Its a different Style of Play, get used to it.

Seems like theres alot of arrogant newbs floatin around this forum too, somehow i think you guys need to stop actin like a bunch of twelve year olds and grow up. "and all of you need to stfu about owning. you don't know even know what that word means." I mean come on, its a friggin game, who gives a crap who ownes and who doesnt. Take a valium or somethin

But to sum it all up Plain and simple like, dont bitch and complain before you even get used to the new strategies that JA has implimented. Theyrell be patches, mods etc. to your hearts content down the road, but till then, at least give the game a bit of a chance.

cheeto101 I'm going to be civil and I'm not going to flame you but I don't really think you have any clue the difference in "skill" level there is between people like myself and pyro and the "average player".

I played Jedi Outcast from the day it came out and I played through every single patch and never gave up because even when 1 or 2 moves got taken out I still knew there was plenty of stuff left to work with.

the problem a lot of us serious players have with Jedi Academy is what is "left over" from Jedi Outcast is the weaker stuff we never used and what is "new" in Jedi Academy is basically fancy looking but ineffective stuff when used on *experienced players.

Sure those Katas look really pretty and do wonders on the bots in single player but trust me; those new special moves are utterly useless on experienced players coming over from Jedi Outcast.

Oh sure you may kill a random newbie on a public server with them, but as I stated above, playing against competition level players/clans is a whole different thing.

Another main gripe is the elimination of complex force based combos that all revolved around the kick system in Jedi outcast.

Why the double tap kicks were eliminated in Jedi Academy is beyond me.

Full Force dueling is really the most glaring example of why this game seemed to have been developed strictly for the “flash” and almost no thought being put into the game play dynamics.

-Duels now have weaker sabers.

-Duels (Full Force) still have an incredibly fast way of regenerating damage (drain).

-Duels no longer have fast “instant killer” combos like grip kicking (100 damage combo) and back to back pull-throw-kicks (50 damage per combo).

-Special moves that do the most damage cost 25-50 of your force pool but none of them are instant 1 hit killers.

See where this is going?

No?

Ok think of it like this:

In a match where 2 people can heal faster than they can cause damage do you see the serious flaw in the combat system that was made?

I sure as hell do.

my friends and i got the full game yesterday, and lanned it straight away, so we had a 4 player MP FFA match, and i must say that the special moves are devastating if you're in close to anyone using them.

On many occasions, one person would kill the other three using one special move.

Kick is very fun, we'd do a kick-kick match, where two of us would repeatedly kick each other over, doing the forward kick to get off the ground. Its very satisfying to kick someone into an 'abyss' tho :)

Push/Pull works better than jk2, in my opinion, you actually have to aim at someone now. Playing jk2, you could be pulling at someone, with little success, then all of a sudden you get a kill because some random guy was pulled into a hole by you...

Although, i dont think pulling and pushing map objects (weapons/health etc etc) is in MP, i wouldve really liked that, make you feel like a real jedi :)

And one other thing, instant kill combos take the skill out of the game, if you can repeatedly kill someone in one shot, it just makes the game stupid. Learn how to fight with a saber properly. Use the wall-jumps! (I love those!)

Originally posted by Matariel

Push/Pull works better than jk2, in my opinion, you actually have to aim at someone now. Playing jk2, you could be pulling at someone, with little success, then all of a sudden you get a kill because some random guy was pulled into a hole by you...

Uh, hello? Push/Pull at level 3 had a cone AOE. Thus the concept of "pushing or pulling multiple people at once."

Originally posted by Matariel

And one other thing, instant kill combos take the skill out of the game, if you can repeatedly kill someone in one shot, it just makes the game stupid. Learn how to fight with a saber properly. Use the wall-jumps! (I love those!)

umm ok not trying to be a jerk but you do realize how impractical that is in competitive play and how much it shows you lack the experience of a skilled player right?

I'm going to break this down one more time nice and slow:

You can "fight me properly" all you like, without high damage/instant kill combos I can and will drain back any and all damage you cause faster than you can inflict it.

Take two players with this mentality and matches simply do not end until one says "screw it kill me" and lets the other kill him.

Now multiply that by 10 rounds with no time limit.

That ^ is how league and ladder play goes.

I had ladder matches in Jedi Outcast that lasted 2 and 3 hours.

The reason was because both myself and my opponent were experienced and played defensive because we knew one wrong move meant we would be killed.

The skill was there because when you have something to fear you have to be cautious and play smart.

Does a tight rope walker sprint across the tight rope in the circus?

Of course not.

But now in Jedi Academy those 2-3 hours matches will be because we simply can not inflict damage faster than they can heal it back.

I can rush in, play like a total fool and never have to worry about be killed because I made a stupid mistake.

Multiply that by 2 players and you have one very long drawn out boring match where nothing that requires strategy or skill is ever required.

gee thats funny, cause i just got off of a server where

A: It didnt matter what saber you were using, dual, single our double, it was still possible to win, everyone was winning.

and B: Katas were being used, and were gettin kills

I too have played JO since it first came out, ive been through every single ladder map and rip off created, ive played dozens of mods (Style over Substance Bein the Best ever created :D ) and yet, after playin JA, im finding that the katas are still useful when properly implimented and im also finding that dual sabers are more then just swinging wildly.

I honestly dont care how "good" at JO you think you are, or how much better then the average player you think you are. The fact of the matter is that most of the stuff implimented in JA like the Katas are fun, and usefull if you give them a chance. The games been out for like 48 hours, give it a chance. And if you dont like the force in duals, play forcelsess servers, on the server i was just on, there was force, but no one was usin it cause we all found it more fun not too. Find a decent noob free server and its all good.

One strategy that ive seen come up, is that when dual sabers use the saber shield thing, use the roll stab to get them, but even that doesnt work all the time, cause if you catch the other person off guard with the saber shield, theyre basically fried anyways.

The double bladed kata is def good for a straigh out attack, it spins so much that its hard to get a good attack in and you have to time a counter attack just perfectly to be effective.

For the singles, i havnt used the light kata much or the medium. The heavy is good for breakin through defenses and as you can still turn a little when usin it, its possible to score some decent hits with it.

Well, the game seems to be marketed around giving more advantage to *new* players, meaning the skills that we used to practice in our own time, GK PK PTK, are now useless, nonexistent. So I think the newbs in this case would love the game, because of the lack of danger of being new to the game. The veterans on the other hand would have a hard time regaining lost skill.

BTW, the ones who are complaining are probably people that invented half of the crap you used to use in jk2, so please have some respect.

heh, considering im defending the People Who Created JO and JA's work , i think i am having respect. Personally, i have alot more respect for raven and the crew at lucasarts then the gamers who play the games. (Invented half the stuff i used in JO??? dude, all those strategies dont come from core groups of people, the gameplay evolves, people find what works, and it slowly spreads around, its no one or two people, its the comunitee that creates good gaming strategies, at least thats what ive observed)

Theres a hella lotta time gone into makin the game, and hows their work repaid?? A bunch of people who complain about all the new features before theyve even given the game a full 2 days of play.

But thats my rant for the day.

Personally, as a Dark Forces Series Vet myself, i think JA is a great addition to the series. And Besides, anythin thats horribly glaring about the game will either be absolved in a patch, or some vets will make a mod that will change everythin, so its all pretty moot anyways.

Originally posted by cheeto101

gee thats funny, cause i just got off of a server where

A: It didnt matter what saber you were using, dual, single our double, it was still possible to win, everyone was winning.

and B: Katas were being used, and were gettin kills

I too have played JO since it first came out, ive been through every single ladder map and rip off created, ive played dozens of mods (Style over Substance Bein the Best ever created :D ) and yet, after playin JA, im finding that the katas are still useful when properly implimented and im also finding that dual sabers are more then just swinging wildly.

umm "ladder map"?

I'm talking about competitive gaming leagues not single player fan made maps.

http://www.teamwarfare.com

Damn people, are you guys really this clueless?

I'm not trying to get frustrated but it's like with every reply you guys show just how little you know about this game and it's predecessor...

Originally posted by Cupid

Well, the game seems to be marketed around giving more advantage to *new* players, meaning the skills that we used to practice in our own time, GK PK PTK, are now useless, nonexistent. So I think the newbs in this case would love the game, because of the lack of danger of being new to the game. The veterans on the other hand would have a hard time regaining lost skill.

BTW, the ones who are complaining are probably people that invented half of the crap you used to use in jk2, so please have some respect.

Thank you very much, that is dead on true.

I dont have the game, ill get it the 27th, but i read all the posts carefully (because i am interested in your thoughts of MP) and i wondered, why are you all so concerned about drain if you can counter it with absorb?

While i was playing the demo, i realized that a side slash, using red stance for example, takes out a litle damage, but an up-down slash does a lot of damage, and if you leave your saber in his body for half a second you will kill the other.

It would be nice if you all say what kind of saber you are using, because as i said in another thread, the game wasnt made by morons, i man, raven knew what he was doing, and they aded and removed stuff its because thats the way to balance the game.

In JO all they had to balance was dark and light side, and well the single stances. But in JA they had to do the balance of using dark or light side in any of the kind of saber types. If you do the math its very very complicated.

Ohh and one last thing, weiner dog you sound like a complete moron, i cant wait to kick your friging ass, i dont like you, but i agree with you.

:hit4::smirk2::punch1

Archived