Home

The Return of Kick (among other things)

CaptainJackZ

haha. Look at the code. Its JO with nurfing.
I'm sorry, does the word "nurfing" mean "changes"? If so, then I agree. And most games these days are previous games with "changes". That doesn't make them mods.

As for your question, I posted replies to that earlier in the thread, it's not my fault if you didn't bother to read them.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's JA, it's different, get used to it

Al...ur right it is different, its been made so s/o ctf has been nerfed to the point where u cant play it competitively so go back to ur ffa and stay out of this thread. I doubt u have ever played s/o ctf so u dont understand why it was good. And if we wanted it to be exactly like JO then wouldnt we be fighting to get rid of dual sabers and kataas. Oh and please like Comm said enlighten us on how to stop an fc.

Well please begin to make a point of how to kill an fc who doesn't want to be stopped.
Thank you for asking nicely, but I've made my suggestions, I'm tired of endlessly repeating myself for your benefit. Just go and read them. It's all archived you know, or are you too lazy to press one of the thread page numbers...

Besides, it doesn't matter if your game mode is crap in JA or not. That doesn't mean the game should be prematurely patched. Far from it, it means you should either go back to JO, make a mod for JA, or play another game mode.

You started playing NG CTF because it was fun, yes? In JA it's not fun? So play something else.

Al if they make a patch that doesnt mean u have to use it. There were plenty of ppl that still played 1.03 after the 1.04 patch so if u dont like the patch dont use it. It's just that the people that played s/o ctf constantly would like a game that doesnt end up in a 0-0 stalemate after 60 minutes.

We play s/o ctf becuase it is fun. And it can still be fun as long as kicks are reimplemented.

And Nope. You have not suggested any ways to stop an fc who doesn't want to be stopped. None are archived. Stop changing the subject and making excuses. If they're there, copy and paste them. If your agsint kicking, answer the question: How to stop an fc who doesn't want to be stopped.

Al if they make a patch that doesnt mean u have to use it. There were plenty of ppl that still played 1.03 after the 1.04 patch
Thanks for bringing that up, it proves that premature gameplay-altering patches only fragment and harm the community.

We play s/o ctf becuase it is fun.
Good, go back to playing it then. In JO. Leave this new, and unexplored game alone to grow as it will. It doesn't need you pruning at it now.

And Nope. You have not suggested any ways to stop an fc who doesn't want to be stopped. None are archived. Stop changing the subject and making excuses. If they're there, copy and paste them.
I'm not doing your legwork for you. I made three suggestions in one of my early posts in this thread. YOU copy and paste them. And stop avoiding the question: Do you have the right to risk ruining JA just so that you can clone a game mode you happened to like from another, older game? No. Mod it.

Originally posted by Th4tguy

Al if they make a patch that doesnt mean u have to use it. There were plenty of ppl that still played 1.03 after the 1.04 patch so if u dont like the patch dont use it. It's just that the people that played s/o ctf constantly would like a game that doesnt end up in a 0-0 stalemate after 60 minutes.

that and he keeps on the "whole entirely new game" argument, so why is he bringing up stuff from jk2? games get patched. hell etm got patched the day it came out...

that and he keeps on the "whole entirely new game" argument, so why is he bringing up stuff from jk2? games get patched. hell etm got patched the day it came out...
Because, my pleasant little chum, the bad thing that happened to JK2 may well happen to JA if these fellows get through to Raven without contradiction.

Runined in your opinion. You already admitted many people want kicks back, so who are you to decide for them? Surely if kicks don't work (and there no reason why they shouldn't since 80% of the game is the same code from JO) then they would be disabled on other gamemodes.

If you think increasing saber damage will help, then you have to find a way to stop the fc first.

I have said there are no new ways tos top an fc. All of the old ways have been removed. It is logical to therefore readd them. You disagree with this, therefore it is your job to provide a better solution to stop an fc. A question you have not yet answered.

Runined in your opinion. You already admitted many people want kicks back, so who are you to decide for them?
Many people wanted to nerf all the guns in JO. Who am I to decide for them? Someone who isn't totally stupid, apparently.

You disagree with this, therefore it is your job to provide a better solution to stop an fc.
Actually it's my job to stop you ruining the game for everyone. Which is what you're risking. It's the job of every right-thinking individual. ;)

(Edit)

I edited my post? I edited one post because I saw that I'd missed the word "this" out of a sentence. Edit nazi. :rolleyes:

(/Edit)

No we want toggleable kicks. If it ruins the game for s/o ctf then so be it (although it will do nothing more than aid it).

AsI said, it might ruin the game in your opinion. Who are you to decide for everyone? If it messes up gameplay, then obviously servers would turn kicking off. Your scared that you know some people will like it and it will work.

If so, take your own advice and play another game...Dark Forces maybe?

btw ofc you won't admit that you wrote

Many people want kick back
But it has seriously flawed your argument.

No we want toggleable kicks. If it ruins the game for s/o ctf then so be it (although it will do nothing more than aid it).
The truth is that you don't care what happens to other game modes. You're selfish.

AsI said, it might ruin the game in your opinion. Who are you to decide for everyone?
Who are you? If you consider your point of view to have intrinsic worth, you must logically admit that mine has intrinsic worth. And YOU were accusing me of being hypocritical earlier.

(Edit)

Of course I wrote it, in more posts than one, and it's still there. Lots of morons wanted lots of silly things back in JO. The game would have been better off if they'd been stamped on instead of pandered to by Raven's patching.

(/Edit)

Here, final proof. From my earlier post, I didn't edit it out. It's a fact that there are many fools in the community, who would destroy the game if they had a chance. I'm making sure that Raven hears both sides.

many people who simply don't care about this topic, but would like kick re-enabled in FFA and duel (a very negative idea) haven't posted here yet.

hehhe you ran out of arguemnt.

If we were selfish, we would say "We want kicks back"[/fullstop]

Truth is, we want to give the option to put kicks back.

If people like them back, they can have them, in your opinion they wouldn't be good, so you don't have to have them.

Obviously if kicks ruined the balance of the game (not that there is any at the moment) thewn admins wouldn't use the kicks. The admins act on what the community wants. They want people to go to their server, so will do what the community wants. You cannot decide that kicks will ruin the game, for the entire community. I can decide however that kicks would enable ctf to be playable again, becuase they will indeed stop an fc.

Al do me a favor please, either come sign up for some competition play with the best clans in this game or simply shut the hell up.

You have 0 knowledge on the topic we are discussing so why are you even here other than to troll?

I'm serious Al; this whole "I know nothing about this topic and do not play this game type but I'm going to keep making uninformed posts and ignorant statements for the sake of the argument" crap is really getting old.

bring your role playing newbie clan and get on the ladders at TWL or get off your condescending, arrogant, uninformed proverbial high horse and let the people who do participate in this arena discuss what we have chosen to do so without having to read your ignorant, baseless comments every other post.

You know as well as I do people like myself, my clan and the clans and people you are trying to argue with would massacre you and your newbie clan yet you sit here and try to preach to us as if you some how are some omniscient all knowing source of knowledge about this game and it's predecessor.

I’m serious Al, like we Americans say:

Put up or shut up.

hehhe you ran out of arguemnt.
... Nahhh. I think I know what that means.

If we were selfish, we would say "We want kicks back"[/fullstop]

Truth is, we want to give the option to put kicks back.

Same thing, as I've explained.

Obviously if kicks ruined the balance of the game (not that there is any at the moment) thewn admins wouldn't use the kicks. The admins act on what the community wants.
The admins do what the most vocal section of the community shouts at them to do. Half the time the admins are part-time players at best. They don't know the difference between a valid request and a request that's screamed at them all day. The community is going to be fragmented enough with all the different modes of play. It doesn't need YOU sitting here plotting its further fragmentation.

Wiener boy, you may be trying to get a rise out of me with that flamefest which attacks me and my clan in a childish fashion. It won't work. You just don't have the weight.

And the fact that my clan doesn't play the endlessly tedious game mode NG CTF has always been a source of pride for me. Thanks for reminding me of that fact. ;)

I’m serious Al, like we Americans say:

Put up or shut up.

Like we brits say:

Sheooot bwoay, lemme get mah shotgun and shoot yer but-tocks off, get offa mah front porch, yeee-hawww!

Xenophobe. ;)

If kicks work, admins will use them (if the community wants them too). If it breaks gameplay, admins will turn them off.

You don't want kicks (for whatever reasons, your not good enough to use them, evade them, counter them etc.), but you cannot and shall not decide whether kicks should be used for the entire community.

Kicks will however make s/o ctf playable, something I can prove from the entire s/o ctf community.

Why would an admin put kicks in a ffa server when noone wants them? But who are you to decide whether people want them or not anyway?

Then don't play NG CTF Al.

And stop commenting on it please, it's no different than me telling people how to play Star Wars Galaxies when I don't even have the game.

I'm serious Al; do you even realize that is what you are doing?

How can a person sit there and debate a topic they have no knowledge of?

Sure you can throw out the trite and cliché catch phrases like "it's a new game give it time" but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know there is a huge difference between "just playing" and really playing.

I mean I technically know every saber swing and combination of saber swings in no force Jedi outcast sabers, but by no means do I have the experience nor arrogance to sit here and lecture the upper echelon of that game type on the intricate dynamics of game play as it pertains to it.

That is exactly what you are doing Al.

This is neither your field nor area of expertise, yet you try to tell the people who have mastered this field that you know more about it than they do.

That is where the hostility is coming from towards you on behalf of these people and myself.

Like I said, I'm not going to go tell the guys in image (former Dsbr members) how to play all weapons CTF, so why are you here lecturing us on our game type?

And while you can make condescending remarks about our game type and try to dismiss it, the simple fact remains, on our side of the Ocean it is much more popular than the game type you prefer so yet again your opinions are holding no weight.

Archived