Home

The Return of Kick (among other things)

CaptainJackZ

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verbose as ever, Scrood. Spam. ;)

Like I said, I'm not going to go tell the guys in image (former Dsbr members) how to play all weapons CTF, so why are you here lecturing us on our game type?
You really aren't paying any attention at all, wiener. I haven't told you or ANYONE how to play diddly squat. I haven't commented on the mechanics of NG CTF, I haven't debated whether NG CTF could be improved by kicking or not. Because, wait for it, here it comes again, blink and you'll miss it... :rolleyes:

That's all irrelevant. I've said it before and I'll say it again, what's RELEVANT is that you're asking for a rushjob patch. It doesn't matter WHAT's in it, all previous patches that were rushed out in the spectrum of games, Tribes, JO, etcetera, all those patches alienated a HUGE portion of the community, and the competitive community. Sure, a patch might make you personally very happy, just as there were those who loved 1.03. But that doesn't matter, does it. What matters is the larger community.

Look at the bigger picture for a change.

This is neither your field nor area of expertise, yet you try to tell the people who have mastered this field that you know more about it than they do.
What? Not only are you wrong, you're wrong at the top of your voice. I've maintained that though I've played it, I've purposely AVOIDED competitive NG CTF throughout my JO "career" for want of a better word. How is that claiming that I know more about NG CTF than they do?

Ehh you're just full of rubbish tbh Wiener. You've said NOTHING pertinent in any of your posts, just pointless flame fests trying to get a rise out of people you're incapable of debating with rationally. :rolleyes:

You don't want kicks (for whatever reasons, your not good enough to use them, evade them, counter them etc.),
Actually I used to quite like kicks. I was the proverbial kickwhore! I won most of my games using kick. I was what many people called a "lamer". I won though, in the final analysis.

Kick is irrelevant. What's relevant is that the premature patching that you're trying to force through could SERIOUSLY DAMAGE THE GAME. Open your eyes. Think 1.03.

But who are you to decide whether people want them or not anyway?
Who are you to decide whether the game MUST BE PATCHED or not? Who are you to risk fragmenting the game the way 1.03 fragmented JO? It's a lot you take on yourself, isn't it. The fact is that you just don't care about anything except what happens to YOUR little corner.

Don't accuse others of hypocrisy if you're going to be guilty of multiple counts of it. Premature patching is stupid. It's a stupid idea, and it's damaging to game communities. This fact is well known and was established back in the days of 1.03 beyond the shadow of a doubt. It's not an ISSUE for you to debate. It's a historical and actual fact. Ask players from the days of 1.02. Ask players from the tribes community. Ask COMPETITIVE players. Ask old DSbr members how the rushed out 1.03 ruined their CTF. It ALIENATES people. It drives people, good people, SKILLED people, AWAY! It's not worth damaging the rest of the community in a blind attempt to improve the lot of your little clique.

Open. Your. Eyes.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Who are you to decide whether the game MUST BE PATCHED or not? Who are you to risk fragmenting the game the way 1.03 fragmented JO? It's a lot you take on yourself, isn't it. The fact is that you just don't care about anything except what happens to YOUR little corner.

Hmmm... Weiner is not the only one who wants the game patched. The whole damn ff/so CTF community wants it patched. Look at all threads and posts that had to deal with how ff/so CTF is not playable.

Don't accuse others of hypocrisy if you're going to be guilty of multiple counts of it. Premature patching is stupid. It's a stupid idea, and it's damaging to game communities. This fact is well known and was established back in the days of 1.03 beyond the shadow of a doubt. It's not an ISSUE for you to debate. It's a historical and actual fact. Ask players from the days of 1.02. Ask players from the tribes community. Ask COMPETITIVE players. Ask old DSbr members how the rushed out 1.03 ruined their CTF. It ALIENATES people. It drives people, good people, SKILLED people, AWAY! It's not worth damaging the rest of the community in a blind attempt to improve the lot of your little clique.

Open. Your. Eyes.

How will patching CTF and CTF only affect other gametypes? We're not asking Raven to do anything to duel, FFA, TFFA or any other gametype besides CTF because at this moment, ff/so CTF is not playable.

Hmmm... Weiner is not the only one who wants the game patched.
That paragraph wasn't directed towards wiener. Please read more carefully.

How will patching CTF and CTF only affect other gametypes? We're not asking Raven to do anything to duel, FFA, TFFA or any other gametype besides CTF because at this moment, ff/so CTF is not playable.
What these fellows are asking for isn't a CTF specific patch, let alone a NG CTF specific patch. They're asking for kick to be toggleable. Now that's a gameplay change, and gameplay changes when released prematurely, ie less than a month after the game's been released, are likely to RUIN the game. Plus, if Raven were to patch this request, they'd patch to cater to others too. This suggestion has its flaws, but it's not as silly as some other suggestions I've seen. Raven aren't expert players as far as I'm aware, they don't have time to waste becoming leet. So they can't make the same distinctions between bad suggestions and good suggestions that the more experienced players can.

So they'd patch em all in, or at least some of them. 1.03 once again. Unacceptable, I'm afraid.

If you were all lobbying for a No Guns CTF only patch, with emphasis on only, and if it only a: slowed the person down when they pick up the flag or b: added kick, I wouldn't even be here. It's the fact that this request would affect ALL game modes that makes it bad, that and the fact that if catered to, it would open the floodgates to even worse requests, as I previously stated.

OK, I've had just about enough.

I have read through 4 and a half pages of this thread, and here's what I've figured out.

Al has absolutely no need to be posting in this thread. If you don't like sabers only CTF, then please, find an all weapons forum to post in, your opinion really doesn't matter. If my grasp of the english language teaches me anything, it's that this thread is a plea to Raven to give server administrators the option of enabling kick on their server.

I, being a server administrator (LKM818.com Sabers only CTF 66.159.234.202) would love to have kick enabled on my server, because I have run around chasing the fc for 15 minutes while he absorbs and bounces from health pak to health pak.

I disabled all pickups, but that does not seem to be enough, with healers/energizers about to help him.

Once again, Al, you seem to have half a brain, but I believe your so-called 'non-existent' sabers only community seems to have at least 30 or so people telling you to go away. How does it feel to be hated? :eek:

If people don't like sabers only CTF, how come my server has been full from 8am to 3am every single day since wednesday when I got my pre-order copy of the game? How come nobody who has come to my server has said "bring back the guns!?" I'm afraid you've mistaken us for people who care about guns, or care about you. You make lots of nice posts, but to us, they're just wasted bytes, fractions of pennies wasted by your ISP by allowing you to upload information.

Jedi Academy was not designed to be completely separate from Jedi Outcast. Raven wanted to make money, so they made a new game for people to buy, to revive the old community with a new jedi game.

Kick is definitely a necessary tool for sabers only CTF. We would like the option for it.

If you don't agree, that's fine, great, we don't care. This thread is not for you, just like spandex is not for you. Go deepen the groove in your favorite bar of soap while dreaming of wookie bowcasters, but leave our S/O CTF discussions to those that play S/O CTF. kthx.

-=DyeHead

Oh yeah, forgot to say some other stuff.

Suiciding is lame, that is something that Raven did NOT put in the game for CTF abuse. I did post the IP of my server, if I see people suiciding in-game, they will be kicked after 1 warning. As soon as a mod comes out to police suiciding, it will be installed.

FK was mentioned earlier by a div3rse member. A member of FK was notorious for suiciding in my presence all the time, because he feared me, and did not want me to get stat points for killing him. out of all of his deaths, 90% of them were suicides. gg.

I'd like to see suiciding as a server side option as well, along with kick.

If you want to get in a flame war with me, I'm all for it, but do it on my forums at http://lkm818.com/phpbb2 as to keep the little kiddies from being offended.

Dyehead, your comment on suiciding in a CTF match shows that you are a complete newb who couldn't possibly stand up to an FK member. Every single serious CTF clan suicides in CTF. In EVERY SINGLE ladder or tornament for CTF, full weapon or saber only, suicide is allowed. Please sit down newbie, and go back to your newb server.

Originally posted by dyehead

Oh yeah, forgot to say some other stuff.

Suiciding is lame, that is something that Raven did NOT put in the game for CTF abuse. I did post the IP of my server, if I see people suiciding in-game, they will be kicked after 1 warning. As soon as a mod comes out to police suiciding, it will be installed.

FK was mentioned earlier by a div3rse member. A member of FK was notorious for suiciding in my presence all the time, because he feared me, and did not want me to get stat points for killing him. out of all of his deaths, 90% of them were suicides. gg.

I'd like to see suiciding as a server side option as well, along with kick.

If you want to get in a flame war with me, I'm all for it, but do it on my forums at http://lkm818.com/phpbb2 as to keep the little kiddies from being offended.

Well i never found suiciding lame in CTF(and hell suicide added sum strat for CTF)im not saying it a "total must" 3 guys still can energize each others they dont need suicide,but it just speed up thing with suicide

But it ur server so i wont tell u how to run ur server so it a great idea to toggle suicide on/off

LMFAO...

Suiciding is nub. If you can't get back to your base fast enough, that's your own fault.

If I grip you while you're speed raging, and you suicide, aww too bad, take it and come back for more.

If you're too nub to stay on platforms and fall to your doom, you deserve to listen to yourself yodel down the crevice.

I had JO before it was officially released, and was #1 for 5 months straight on the first real sabers only ctf server (Matrix CPA) so eat me, nub. I have logged more JO hours than you, I can guarantee.

FK banned me from their server within 15 minutes for calling their leader a wuss for suiciding. Needless to say, he won't be playing on mine.

Suiciding = wussy, no matter how you slice it.

Originally posted by Side

Well i never found suiciding lame in CTF(and hell suicide added sum strat for CTF)im not saying it a "total must" 3 guys still can energize each others they dont need suicide,but it just speed up thing with suicide

But it ur server so i wont tell u how to run ur server so it a great idea to toggle suicide on/off

Strategy? I appreciate the civil response, Side, so I will reply civilly as well :)

I don't see binding a key to warp you back to base with full health/armor 'strategy,' I call it taking the cheap and easy way out of a bad situation. If you're down to 15 health, jump off a high ledge onto the ground and die. Fall down a hole, go try and stop a capper and die with some sort of honor... but warping back to base, man that's just cheap.

If you're down to 15 health, jump off a high ledge onto the ground and die. Fall down a hole,

how is that really any different to /kill???

it's the same thing u, u killed your self, ok the /kill a few seconds faster but thats it

omg, I didn't notice before, hey side remember me? :) Senator Palpafag etc -=DyeHead=- :)

When I play CTF, I don't personally cap well. I go after the capper, or stop people from getting to my capper.

Fallen would come try to get my capper, and I'd grip him as he speed raged, he'd suicide, come back, rinse, repeat.

I realize that for those of you who are just zooming around the map, that suicide allows you to not have to run back and forth as much, as I imagine you do that plenty anyway, but isn't that kind of the point of the game? To run back and forth?

Originally posted by Mordred

how is that really any different to /kill???

it's the same thing u, u killed your self, ok the /kill a few seconds faster but thats it

Because Raven put that command to get you out being stuck, not being close to death or far from the flag carrier.

If you ask someone from Raven if suicide was meant for the purposes that people use it for, what do you think they will say?

if you don't want suicide fine, but it definately adds strategy to CTF. Why? Well, what if you notice that your FC's health is starting to get perilously low, he's calling for help, and nobody his helping? Suicide, rush to his aid, and go on your way. Ever play in a match as a returner? Then you should know the common situation when you finally do kill a FC, if the other team is any good, another player will IMMEDIATELY grab the flag. If you don't get back to your base almost INSTANTLY, you'll lose out on the chance to kill the fc while he's running (and hence most vulnerable). What if you have zero force, low hp, and need to get back to the flag platform asap? Granted its your own fault for getting in that situation, but you have to suicide and get back to the plat...

it adds a layer of strategy.

omg, I didn't notice before, hey side remember me? :) Senator Palpafag etc -=DyeHead=- :)[/i]

Yea i remember u,u accused me of scripting when i was using rage+dfa and i taught u how to do it as well lol,and i also remember u teaching zen how to "pull-kick" hehe

When I play CTF, I don't personally cap well. I go after the capper, or stop people from getting to my capper.

Fallen would come try to get my capper, and I'd grip him as he speed raged, he'd suicide, come back, rinse, repeat.

I realize that for those of you who are just zooming around the map, that suicide allows you to not have to run back and forth as much, as I imagine you do that plenty anyway, but isn't that kind of the point of the game? To run back and forth?

Yea i do it plenty,and it proven to be very useful but like mordred says it kinda the same as using /kill u still spawn ramdomly across the map with full force+health

and btw =x= mod kinda fixed that,when u throw someone down a hole if he ever suicide ul still get point from killing that guy

instead of having a msg like "[div3rse.side] killed himself"

ul get a msg like this "[div3rse.side] was killed by =DyeHead=" so it pretty good for people that realy get piss off by people suiciding and u dont get point from killing him(again my apologize for my english grammar)

Originally posted by [div3rse.syn]

Granted its your own fault for getting in that situation

My point exactly. You are taking the cheap way out.

You don't see a defensive player in football suiciding and reappearing in front of the wide receiver, do you? They have to run their ass off and catch up to him.

Work your ass off to, the reward will be sweeter, because you will be l33ter.

Yeah! I remember you teaching me rage dfa, I used that a lot, it rocked.

At least we know that I don't suck though, *phew*

I think you were one of the first I saw using rage dfa..

Yeah I taught most people how to kick lol! I remember teaching Zen DFA back in 1.02.. man oh man.. just ask him :) He and I spent hours in duel servers, I taught him so much stuff..

i was dissapointed to see him binding a key to yaw with backstab though.. those were sad days..

Say hi to him for me!

honor has no place in any sort of competition. It's not "what team comes out feeling fresh and shiny", it's "what team scores more points in the least amount of time". To think otherwise is to miss the point of gaming. Somtimes I wish this was just some random companys game that called light sabers "energy swords" and didn't assosciate itself with the Star Wars universe because it seems like this game is plagued more than any other game by people claiming some sort of honor system...

Archived