Home

The Return of Kick (among other things)

CaptainJackZ

No, I just think of you as someone who is above normal intelligence, but instead of choosing to help solve problems you'd rather use your 1337 forum skills to try to make other people who are ACTUALLY trying to solve problems feel stupid. Probably makes you feel better about yourself. I don't think you're Hitler, I think you need a hug. /Al's wink

I'm not gonna sit here and argue with you because honestly it would never end. We can point out flaws in each other's arguments til the cows come home, but we're straying from what we're trying to accomplish here.

And really, no NEW ideas have come up recently.

You didn't respond however to one thing I said. I said that if you put the Serverside Togglable Kick Option in the game that it would certainly divide the community in half. Half would play kicks and half would play no kicks. (Please don't point out that I cannot possibly know it would be a 50/50 split and try to stay on target here.)

But if you don't put the option in, then half of the people who enjoy a faster paced game will not play at all. Either way, you have half of your community.

I'm not as good at quoting as you are so I can't go back and refute every little thing you have said like you do to everyone else on these forums. And honestly, picking apart teeny tiny parts of peoples posts doesn't sound like much fun to me.

As far as RAVEN goes. I'm not trying to hold a gun to their head and tell them to put kick in the game or else. I'm telling them that alot of people I know in JO are waiting for word on whether or not JA is worth the cash. This is a fact. Not a threat.

Please Al, try not to turn this into debate club. Instead try to present viable solutions for FF/SO CTF players. And if you're not interested in helping the FF/SO CTF community, then leave.

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Plaz:

Sorry spider but JA is basically the same as JO with a slightly different saber combat system, better graphics, worse competition for saber only, 2 new gametypes, some more console commands, built in emotes and chewbacca skinz to please the RPGers and a few tweaks to guns and some differences on the editing side.
You're describing a new game to me, Plazma. New games are defined not by the originality of their content, otherwise all FPS games would be called DooM mods. They're defined by their independence from other games, e.g: You need another game to run a mod, you don't need another game to run JA. Another difference is that JA has new content. A mod can contain new content too, I know, but JA's content must be run using JA's engine, therefore it's a new game. It has an updated graphics engine, something that mods don't have, as a rule. Altogether, there's no debate.

I know what you're trying to say though, you're trying to say that you think JA is unoriginal... that doesn't make it any less of a new game, many new games are more unoriginal than JA.

Your argument about the togglable kicks not being a good idea really doesn't make sense though. If a server admin wants kicks on his own server, why not? Almost every other aspect of the game can be changed with cvars anyways.
It does make sense, and I'll tell you why:

Firstly, the more options you give server admins, the more fragmented the community. The JK series of games has always been quite badly fragmented from the moment of release, because they've always had many gametypes to choose from. I don't want something that will make that situation worse: two camps of kickers and non-kickers, both claiming that their way is the only "right" way, like your NG CTFers are.

Secondly, these NG CTFers don't care what effect adding kick to this new game might have on OTHER gametypes than their own. We can't predict this without months to study the game and master its own MP style. Thus, it's dangerous to the community.

Thirdly, if Raven listens to these people they'll listen to others. 1.03 was made up of a bunch of suggestions that seemed reasonable to the people that made those suggestions. But as a whole the patch was a disaster. Raven can't very well distinguish between bad ideas and good, and nor can we at this stage.

Hope that clarifies. I've said it all several times now.

I agree with you about the "premature" patch thing though. I don't want Raven to jump the gun and patch right away. I'd rather have them patch all the problems that have been seen within a month or so after release in one shot.
A month is much too short, three at least.

traj:

No, I just think of you as someone who is above normal intelligence,
First sensible thing you've said so far... :D

but instead of choosing to help solve problems you'd rather use your 1337 forum skills to try to make other people who are ACTUALLY trying to solve problems feel stupid.
I'm trying to stop people creating more problems than they solve. I should have thought that was obvious. And frankly, I think that some of the things your comrades have said in this and other threads ARE stupid, so I'm sorry if they feel affronted, but god, some of it is really, REALLY stupid.

Probably makes you feel better about yourself.
Ahh, you were doing so well too. Had to squeeze a flame in there somewhere, didn't you. Childish. :tsk:

We can point out flaws in each other's arguments til the cows come home, but we're straying from what we're trying to accomplish here.
You obviously can't point out any flaws in MY argument, and furthermore I'm not straying from diddly-squat. I'm accomplishing my objective by posting my views, so that Raven, if they read this and other threads, won't get an imbalanced view of what the community at large wants.

But if you don't put the option in, then half of the people who enjoy a faster paced game will not play at all. Either way, you have half of your community.
How do you know it's not 25% of people that want a game that's faster than JA? Then it'd be 25% lost and 25% gained. 75% is better than 50%. You've just pulled these amounts out of the bag, you don't know half the JA community personally, be honest now.

But all that fabricated quantity you created in your head aside, frankly I'm tired of people wanting games they buy to be different. In my day, if we bought a game we didn't like we tried to sell it to someone else. We didn't pop up on forums whining about changing them. A game is a game, it should attract people who LIKE it for what it is. Not people who want it to be an entirely different game.

It's the Star Wars name you see, it attracts them.

As far as RAVEN goes. I'm not trying to hold a gun to their head and tell them to put kick in the game or else. I'm telling them that alot of people I know in JO are waiting for word on whether or not JA is worth the cash. This is a fact. Not a threat.
You can call it what you like, I call it a threat. I've seen dozens before, that's what they are, threats. "If you don't do what I want my friends won't buy the game". And they never, ever work.

Please Al, try not to turn this into debate club. Instead try to present viable solutions for FF/SO CTF players. And if you're not interested in helping the FF/SO CTF community, then leave.
How about no. This is SUCH an unoriginal comment, I think it's approaching fifty iterations now. Once more: I'm not interested in FF NG CTF, I'm interested in what these FF NG CTF people are trying to do to the WHOLE game, without thought. And I'm going to oppose them because I disagree with them. As long as I disagree with them, I'll oppose them. It is that simple.

Heheh, debate club. I love it when people try to belittle the debate itself as a frantic distraction from the fact that they have no logical recourse.

Lol new game. The list of the new content takes up 5 lines. Tell me, if they copied JO exactly, but added 1 extra line of code and resold it as 'Jedi Might', then this would legally and techncally be a new game. Obviously its not just 1 line of code, but I'm sure you can get the idea. Keep fooling yourself if you want though. It really doesn't matter either way. S/o ctf is flawed and since nothing new to counter a 'runner' has been added, then theres nothing new to learn in this area.

'competetive gamers' have told you how to beat a running fc...add kicks. No new methods of stopping a runner have been added. All the old ones have been removed. Equals stalemate. Which part don't you get?

Kicks are unblockable, but don't get kicked: I never said run away, I just said dodge them. Red saber downwards hack is unblockable...do you stand under it and wait to be killed? Actually, I get the feeling some of you do.

Kicks leave you open to attack: Counter a kick with a kick. You said 'kicks are easy to perform.' Fine, you can counter them now then.

Kicks do 20hp damage. Whoever said they did more in JK2 is wrong. 20hp max, sometimes less. Duel sabers do far more damage and although leaves you open to other saber attacks, the ridiculous damage scale, blocking and no combo restriction means you'll inevitably win.

You need to be at close range to kick. The same close range as you need tyo do a kata. Therefore, why kick when you can kata and instantly kill? Also, if you can dodge a kata, then you can dodge a kick.

Finally, kicks would fix the gameplay issues that have ruined ctf. Kicks would be toggleable, so not all servers would run them.

I fail to see why kicks would be whored and even more so why they're a problem even if they were. How can they ruin the game?

I think they should re-introduce the kick but have it do no damage, or have it only do like 5 points. In duels, I would often use kick as a defensive measure when recovering from a badly executed DFA... the new JA wall kicks are horible :( They also need to speed up the rolls, there is no point to rolling when they are slower then your regular movement

Hitmann_D

Originally posted by FurionStormrage

Oh, wow! The so-called "professional gamers" are asking me for my "advice"! They have to GRAB your flag, don't they? Think!

com·pre·hen·sion ( P ) Pronunciation Key (kmpr-hnshn)

n.

1. The act or fact of grasping the meaning, nature, or importance of; understanding.

2. The knowledge that is acquired in this way.

Capacity to include.

3. Logic. The sum of meanings and corresponding implications inherent in a term.

sar·casm ( P ) Pronunciation Key (särkzm)

n.

1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.

2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.

3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit.

Originally posted by Prime

But all those moves have disadvantages as well. Moves of this sort can be devastating, but you leave yourself open to attack (especially saber throws), and they are somewhat blockable. Whoring Kicks, however, do not leave you open to attack, because the saber still protects you.

there i would have to disagree with you. kick leaves you very open to a plethora of counters and straight out attacks.

first those of another person:

kicks

ptk

pt

grip

gk

push

pull

lightning (duh)

rage dfa

lunge

ydfa

regular rdfa

those of the person you kicked

kick

ptk

pt

grip

gk

push

pull

lightning

lunge

ydfa

and Comm kicks ARE blockable. its called use a counter kick, push/pull, or crouch/roll.

if JA is a COMPLETELY new game, then why do JA servers come up under jk2 server lists in ase, and vice versa?

why does the JA filter for ase show the following:

Jedi Academy

ServerType: JK2

RegKey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LucasArts\Star Wars Jedi Knight Jedi Academy\1.0\Install Path

ExeName: gamedata\JAMP.EXE

JoinTemplate: {EXEPATH}[ +exec "{CONFIG}"][ +name "{NAME}"][ +password "{PASSWORD}"][ +rconpassword "{RCON_PASSWORD}"] +connect {address}

SpecTemplate: {EXEPATH}[ +exec "{CONFIG}"][ +name "{NAME}"][ +password "{PASSWORD}"][ +rconpassword "{RCON_PASSWORD}"] +setu team s +connect {address}

HostTemplate: {EXEPATH}

Port: 29070

Maps: QUAKE3

Mutex: SV

1 if servertype != "JK2" remove

2 if version ~== "JAmp*" keep

3 if version ~== "(internal)JAmp*" remove

4 if version ~== "JK2MP*" remove

the game is a new game, yes. but is it totally unique? no. it added on to what already existed in jk2.

/Hugs Al

I specifically asked you not to address the 50% portion of my comment, but you couldn't refuse. O.K. Lets assume YOU'RE right, as you always do anyways, and say that it's 75% of the people that don't like the fast paced kick, gk, ptk, style play and 25% of the people that do.

You're still going to lose 25% of the people. Either they will play in the fast paced togglable servers or they will not play at all. We are not all of the sudden going to decide that slow paced games are for us, nor are any players like us who pick up the game.

People like what they like. Give them the option. Who are you to decide what they should play? I don't want to decide for them, I want to give them the option.

A community divided 75% to 25% is better than a 75% capacity community. That way we ALL get to play the way we like. Not just the (*in your estimation) 75% who like the game the way it is.

The shut up and play the game argument is not going to hold up here. There are obvious problems in certain game modes. People play certain game modes because they suit they're own style, or hell just because they like them better.

The fact that you have so many members of the community here "whining" as you like to say goes to show that we have unhappy campers in the neighborhood. Telling them to shut up and play won't work, because they don't like the game. They won't shut up and play, they will shut up and leave. (I'm sure you'd love that too.)

The fact that YOU don't believe that we have explored the game enough to know whether or not those game modes are flawed is arbitrary. YOU don't even play the game modes, so you wouldn't know.

So, we have 2 options here.

1. Listen to the people that actually do know what they're talking about and give them an option to toggle features that make their game mode playable thus fragmenting the community into 2 factions.

or

2. Ignore them. Chalk it up to "whining" and lose most of the top players from JO. Send them packing. (Your obvious choice). Which does not fragment the community into 2 factions but instead kicks one faction out, leaving the slow paced community the same size were it fragmented.

I would like to see everyone that likes to play the game, be able to play the game. These people are not going to conform. It's a style issue we're talking about here. It's just not fast enough for some people.

Give them a place to play.

Originally posted by Spider AL

Anyway, Mr. Burns is the most successful character in the Simpsons. The person you're replying to however Prime, meant that to accuse me of being a troll. Unacceptable. :mad:

I know. I was trying to say that comparing you to Mr. Burns wasn't a very good flame. :)

For what it's worth, I do think kicks should be re-added or made a server toggle option. A large portion of forum-going non competetive players will complain about *anything* that kills them or they can't counter. You can visit basically any popular game forum and see this for yourself. From Starcraft, to Half Life Mods, to Soul Caliber. Kicks were never overpowering to the point they needed to be removed completely. Moreso with the escape techniques added to avoid death after knockdown.

As far as this stupid seperation of the community BS. It's already fragmented into divisions... between the gun players, duel-only guys, siege-only, etc etc. Adding a togglable-kick option that'll only end up being available on very few servers, would hardly be a noticable change... especially since most of the people not wanting kicks don't even play S/O CTF. Most servers will end up running default anyways.

I don't see the difference in turning off/on guns on a server and turning off/on kicks. Yeah, it sucks if you don't want to play guns and the server has them on. Too f'ing bad, find another server... that's what I do whenever the map changes to duel or something :)

(edit) should probably point out, I don't play in ladders/clans. I just see their point and agree with it :)

Blank

Originally posted by Blankie

should probably point out, I don't play in ladders/clans.

Then you have no right to have any opinion on this topic. Please stop posting in this thread immediately. :mad: Just kidding. I just get that a lot these days :D

Originally posted by traj

Why did you think it was a flame?

Just how it came across to me as, I guess. If it wasn't, my mistake :)

Originally posted by Rumor

if JA is a COMPLETELY new game, then why do JA servers come up under jk2 server lists in ase, and vice versa?

why does the JA filter for ase show the following:

the game is a new game, yes. but is it totally unique? no. it added on to what already existed in jk2.

I didn't say that it was a completely new game. I said it was legally a new game. The distinction may be subtle for some but the effect is profound for all.

I assume that you also say that Quake II is a mod for Quake and that Quake III is a mod for Quake II? I hope not. Even a brief look at the source code for Quake I and II would prove that Quake II is not the same game. While similar code exists in each game (thus proving that Quake II is not completely different than Quake) they are not the same game.

Allright...

For all the people who say if kicks are allowed in the game they will be spammed. If kicks aren't allowed in the game, should I then make a statment that saber is being spammed?(lol). Even besides that, so what if they are spammed? so what? The point of a game is to win, doesn't matter how you do it, let it even be two person dueling one (Power Duels), the point is, you lost because you lacked the skill, its not because it was a 2 on 1 match.

and for the people who EVEN disagree with the suggestion to make kicks toggleable, that just proves that you can't play because the suggestion is not to put kick back in the game, but to make it toggleable. What is it? Do you have a phobia of some kind of kicks, that you get scared every time you see someone kick?

IF kicks are bought back into the game, not only will they be allowable to your oppponent, but they will also be available to kick, so if you use kicks and loose even after using them, it was not because your opponents kicked you, it was because you lacked the skill

Peace,

Bryan

Originally posted by Blankie

For what it's worth, I do think kicks should be re-added or made a server toggle option. A large portion of forum-going non competetive players will complain about *anything* that kills them or they can't counter.

lol...Ahem, that's the ONLY reason why most of the "skill challenged" people are trying to reason themselves against logic saying kicks shouldn't be allowed in jedi academy.

And for all the people that might say adding kicks will take the essence of "star wars" out of the same, and that people will use less saber and more kicks. Dude, you might be a star wars fan, good for you, but you need to understand that their is more to life than star wars, while you may not have one and look at this game as one of the many legacies of star wars, its still a game, and people play this game to win and for fun, so if you can't win, then just think of loosing as "fun"

lol that might help you

Peace,

Bryan

Look. If kicks are added as an OPTION for ONLY FF SO CTF, fine. But please, if you ask for something, ask for that. Don't ask for kicks to be toggleable in ALL MODES. That WILL become a problem.

Also, WAIT. No patch should be released within 2 weeks of game release unless to fix BUGS. Not gameplay issues, but bugs. If, after playing a month, NO ONE can kill an fc, go beg to Raven. But please, just wait.

Originally posted by boinga1

Look. If kicks are added as an OPTION for ONLY FF SO CTF, fine. But please, if you ask for something, ask for that. Don't ask for kicks to be toggleable in ALL MODES. That WILL become a problem.

why?

tell me why?

We can toggle saber damage up to 9000000000000 right now.

Is this a problem?

Not at all.

Tell me why you don't think it should be an option for people who set up servers in all game types?

Say it, come on say it...

I'll tell you why.

Because you don't play so/ctf but you do play other game types and if it is an option you know people will want it and you will no longer be safe from kicks and you may, just may have to spend some time learning how to counter them like the rest of us did so you don't get raped 24/7 by better players.

I'll say it one more time, it's good to be proven right.

:)

Comm539, you're just repeating the same old nonsense you've been spouting since nearly your first post in this thread.

Commpoint 1: JA IS NOT A NEW GAME, IT IS A MOD!

Answer: It's a new game. It fulfils all legal, technical and moral criteria that define the concept "new game". Your indefensible argument hinges on this point, so I won't begrudge the fact that you keep trying to gainsay the truth... though I'd expect some PROOF, or ANYTHING to back up your erroneous statement, none of which you've produced. No doubt if it served your argument you'd be claiming that JA was a mod of "Pong". It may not be 100% original, but that was doubtful from the moment it had "Star Wars" in the title. Your expectations as well as your assertions, are unrealistic.

Commpoint 2: KICKS WILL HELP THE NG CTF COMMUNITY!

Answer: Yeah, whatever. Who cares. If you were only trying to affect your OWN community, that'd be fine by me. Since you're trying to affect the WHOLE community, you'll come up against opposition.

As for your question "how can kicks ruin the game," by themselves, in your game mode? They couldn't. But you're not asking for them to just be ported into your game mode and your game mode alone, you're asking Raven to make them an option in all gametypes. That splits the community, it prematurely alters MP dynamics for those other game modes, and paves the way for other even more damaging suggestions for things to be patched in.

No doubt you'll once again fail to understand all this, but that's hardly my fault... and don't worry, I'll keep saying it, so that you always get another chance.

Originally posted by Rumor:

No game is totally unique Rumor, and JO itself was just added on to what already existed in Quake 3. That doesn't make JO a Quake 3 mod, and JA isn't a JO mod. QED.

traj:

Originally posted by traj:

/Hugs Al

Pervy! :D

I specifically asked you not to address the 50% portion of my comment, but you couldn't refuse.

You can ask me to ignore the fact that you make most of your key points up in your head as much as you want. I'm not here to do what you ask.

A community divided 75% to 25% is better than a 75% capacity community. That way we ALL get to play the way we like. Not just the (*in your estimation) 75% who like the game the way it is.

You said that half the possible community will love your "changes" and will flock to the game, so it doesn't matter if the community is halved. This is obviously incorrect, as there is no way you could know the exact quantities of either. Your argument is merely imaginary.

Secondly, a halved community = two communities that each look down on the other, and are incapable of competing with each other. The community would be better off at 75% capacity but as a relative WHOLE, than at 100% capacity but split into two MORE camps that fragment the game.

People like what they like. Give them the option. Who are you to decide what they should play? I don't want to decide for them, I want to give them the option.

Lol, of course you're trying to decide for them. You're trying to decide the fate of the WHOLE community, while simultaneously not caring about the whole community. Only caring about your little gametype, and in consequence, YOURSELF.

Give a man a meal and five minutes to eat it and he'll have a good meal. Give a man a choice of five MILLION meals, and he'll waste five minutes choosing one. He won't have time to eat. The more choices he has, the less time to eat he'll have.

That's analogous to the JA situation. The more TANGIBLE, GAMEPLAY AFFECTING VARIABLES that server admins have available to them, the more different versions of JA you have being played around the internet. The less competitive we all become. We have enough fragmentation already, we don't need any more. Mod your fix, or wait for a few months.

Or, you could modify your request. ;) Those are the only logical, workable options.

The shut up and play the game argument is not going to hold up here. There are obvious problems in certain game modes. People play certain game modes because they suit they're own style, or hell just because they like them better.

Let me ask you a question: If you'd never played JO, only JA, would you think that NG CTF was fun? No, because it's not very good in JA, as you yourself have admitted. So you wouldn't have played it. You wouldn't have started playing it. It would have gone the way of CTY.

You don't like JA NG CTF better than other JA game modes, you like JO NG CTF better than JA full stop! So go and play THAT game. Or, mod your fix, or wait for a few months, or modify your request. That simple.

The fact that you have so many members of the community here "whining" as you like to say goes to show that we have unhappy campers in the neighborhood. Telling them to shut up and play won't work, because they don't like the game.

I know they don't like the game, what I'm not sure about is why they're not playing JO if they dislike JA so much...

They won't shut up and play, they will shut up and leave. (I'm sure you'd love that too.)

In my day, if I didn't like a game I didn't play it. I didn't send endless e-mails to the developer to ask them to change it to suit me. Those WERE the days.

I'd take no particular pleasure in the exodus you describe. But it would make sense to me.

The fact that YOU don't believe that we have explored the game enough to know whether or not those game modes are flawed is arbitrary. YOU don't even play the game modes, so you wouldn't know.

Of course I play the game modes, you obviously haven't been reading carefully enough. I don't rate NG CTF though, but I do play it. I find it funny.

As for your silly statement, I wouldn't even have to play NG CTF to know how long it takes to understand ANY game. Much longer than this, to be honest.

Ignore them. Chalk it up to "whining" and lose most of the top players from JO. Send them packing. (Your obvious choice). Which does not fragment the community into 2 factions but instead kicks one faction out, leaving the slow paced community the same size were it fragmented.

Heh heh, making quantities up again. Your little clique may be a mere 5% of the eventual worldwide JA community for all you know. Fragmentation means a split 50-50. So obviously kicking your little clique out would be better than the split.

Secondly, your little clique aren't the "top players from JO". They're the people who played NG CTF. ONE sub-gametype. Don't overstate or overestimate your own importance.

Finally even if all the top players from JO were driven out of the JA community forever (myself included), it wouldn't be a big loss to JA. More players would take the place of the ones that left.

I would like to see everyone that likes to play the game, be able to play the game.

YOU would like to see everyone that DISLIKES the game, given a free ticket to squeeze a patch out of Raven.

Give them a place to play.

People who like the game have a place to play. It's called "the game". I'm not sure about you and your friends, though.

Originally posted by wiener:

why?

tell me why?

Choose your answer from this handy-dandy list:

[*]It may imbalance the dynamic of other gametypes, something nobody knows enough about yet to predict

[*]It may encourage Raven to release more gameplay changes with a patch, returning us to the hell of 1.03dom

[*]It's wrong in principle to affect the gameplay of a game so close to its initial release, looking at Tribes, UT, CS and JO as examples.

[*]It will provide an additional variable that seriously affects gameplay, further fragmenting the community into two kick/no kick camps.

[/list=1]

Originally posted by wiener:

Because you don't play so/ctf but you do play other game types and if it is an option you know people will want it and you will no longer be safe from kicks and you may, just may have to spend some time learning how to counter them like the rest of us did so you don't get raped 24/7 by better players.

I'll say it one more time, it's good to be proven right.

I don't know about anyone else, but for the fiftieth time I love kicks. If the game was fragmented by the patch you're pleading for, I'd be in the camp that uses kicks.

Kicks are irrelevant to the point that premature patching is BAD. The fact that you don't CARE, is also irrelevant.

And you've never been proven right so far, my friend. You obviously don't know what the definition of proof is. Go and look it up for knowledge that is also FUN!

Originally posted by the weiner dog!

...or you will have to *gasp* find a server that doesn't have kicks enabled. Shouldn't be hard given the resistance we're getting from all these people here.

If kicks are togglable, you will have to find a server that doesn't have them enabled. Just like if you don't like 900000000X saber damage you have to find a server where it isn't enabled. Just like if you want to play Siege, you go to a Siege server. Just like if I don't want to /amsit campfire cumbaya saber down frozen wombat admin mod I have to find an FFA server where people like to fight. It goes on and on.

There are all kinds of options in this game. Adding one more for us won't be the nightmare that you forsee it to be. Especially because we would never play on the servers that you play on anyways. Likewise, you don't need to play on ours.

Saying 1st week patch = bad idea is not enough. There is no reason WHY it is a bad idea. You have concocted some notion in your head that it just...is...bad.

It's a good idea. Our game modes are screwed and they need to be fixed. All we want is togglable cvar serverside options, like they already have for saberdamage.

Give us our option, we'll never have to see each other again.

No game is totally unique Rumor, and JO itself was just added on to what already existed in Quake 3. That doesn't make JO a Quake 3 mod, and JA isn't a JO mod.

that is because JO was a totally differen't dynamic and subject matter than q3. JA is not in relation to JO

All knowing Spider Al wrote:

Fragmentation means a split 50-50. So obviously kicking your little clique out would be better than the split.

Pay attention genius.

frag·ment ( P ) Pronunciation Key (frgmnt)

n.

A small part broken off or detached.

An incomplete or isolated portion; a bit: overheard fragments of their conversation; extant fragments of an old manuscript.

Grammar. A sentence fragment.

v. frag·ment·ed, frag·ment·ing, frag·ments (-mnt)

v. tr.

To break or separate (something) into fragments.

v. intr.

To become broken into fragments: After the election, the coalition fragmented.

Al, I don't see anything in there saying anything about a 50/50 split. Anyone else wonder how much other **** Al is wrong about?

Originally posted by the weiner dog!

Actually, I was playing JA FFA earlier and was realizing just how big a part of my game plan kicks used to be. But, I'm able to get along about as well as in JO, without kick.

There is no real 'counter' for JO kicks, besides simply moving.Same for JA, true...but they ARE NOT EASILY SPAMMABLE. Look, I don't want kick added for all gamemodes because of the INCREDIBLE overues it recieved in JO, and WILL recieve in JA if it is added.

You have just clearly stated that you ARE tryong to affect the WHOLE Academy community. Yo have just stated that you are TRYING to affect gamemodes THAT YOU DON'T EVEN PLAY. THAT seems unwise, to say the least.

Archived