Home

Screenshots - Slicing Off the front of a Speederbike :)

IMF-Arel-

Ahh the nostalgia of reflecting a laser blast from the speederbike as it heads

dirrectly at you. Then at the last minute you slice the front end of the speeder

with your light saber, sending the speeder into a spin and ultimately exploding into a wall. How cool is that. Very nice touch to the game. Thanks Raven/Lucas Arts.

Here's a collage of screenshots I've made showing what I mean. Some

with Luke and a stormtrooper to add to the effect. (wish there was a model

of the actual troops that were on those bikes in RotJ)

IMF-Arel-

speederbike_fun_small.jpg

Click Here For a Full Sized Version

Not sure if anyone tried this, but:

If you're on a bike and you pull up next to another person on a bike, press the strafe key towards them and hit jump. You will jump over to their bike, throw them off and ride off on their bike...

That and the other stuff you guys mentioned is stuff Chris Reed (and our animators) did with the bikes, btw, all very fun, cool stuff... :)

I REALLY wish I had taken screenshots of it, as it was incredibly cool, and I haven't been able to pull it off since but it was similar to what you guys did.

My bike was almost dead, and I heard firing behind me so I jumped off, a moment later the bike went boom into a wall, I spun around and drew my saber, deflecting the attacks of my pursuer. As the pursuer got very close I hit forward+jump+attack and Jaden did the medium stance flip/downward slash special and killed the guy.

Another fun thing to do, is to use grip on them when they charge you (careful, bike can still get you) it's just funny watching them stick in the air.

Originally posted by BS87

The most fun i had on this level was when i used grip on the guy next to me, pulled him off his bike, drove along for a bit holding him with grip, then jerked the mouse and smashed him into a wall at high speed.

Gotta try that one.

The most I've done is slice someone medieval knight syle with a speeder bike as I rode past them.

Originally posted by ChangKhan[RAVEN]

Not sure if anyone tried this, but:

If you're on a bike and you pull up next to another person on a bike, press the strafe key towards them and hit jump. You will jump over to their bike, throw them off and ride off on their bike...

That and the other stuff you guys mentioned is stuff Chris Reed (and our animators) did with the bikes, btw, all very fun, cool stuff... :)

Sweet.

Yeah, Mr.Wibble, I've done that, and I think indirectly killing them like that is the best! Getting rid of your enemies without a swing or a shot! :p

Originally posted by Damar Stiehl

Bloody hell! I hated that level... Steering swoops (or anything else) with a mouse is an utter drag, and I'm too lazy to remap my keys for the sake of a sub-mission, so I just sped through the whole thing, occassionally pushing people off. Any tips on swoop handling?.. I want cool movez...

First time I tried that level, I just went through it as fast as I could.

I hated the controls too. But after complete the game, I went back

to it and tried it again. What I did is played it a few times with GOD

mode on. Just to get the hang of it. Now I can steal someones swoop

really easy, saber them to their death or simply blast them off

their bike without using god mode. Lots of fun :)

Archived