Home

Bizarre behaviour on JKA servers... most bizarre

Lord Sokar

It's been two days since I got into MP. I've tried to resist considering how obsessed I got with MP in JKO 1.02, but I gave in, and I've played two days solid now.

Anyway, I seem to recall that, back in the day, there was no shortage of strange people on the servers, but now, it's almost intollerable.

For example, in the past two nights:

I've had a psycho copycat who took my name and harrased me the entire time I played, pissing people off using my name.

When I out score other players by 2:1, there always seems to be a mob that comes together of about 4-6 people who hunt me down and gang up on me constantly.

One server had these two chicks (uh, or players with female skins and names) who I can only assume were admins who would never ever fight, but *walked* EVERYWHERE just giving people the evil eye and sh1t. There was a nonstop stream of key bind messages firing off rules and warnings (on a 12 players server) just as fast as they could be pumped out.

Again, when your score is double the next closest player, I'm constantly getting rushed by people when I beat them. They stab me from behind, they fall on me, saber my while I'm adjusting my profile and then start screaming OWNED or PWNED or WTF ever. You name it, it happens every time I play.

Does this stuff happen to any of you or am I just particularly unlucky?

Hey Jediservers.com, where's my damn server!?

Originally posted by Lord Sokar

When I out score other players by 2:1, there always seems to be a mob that comes together of about 4-6 people who hunt me down and gang up on me constantly.

But this is fun, and should be for both sides. I always like taking on a group.

They stab me from behind, they fall on me, saber my while I'm adjusting my profile and then start screaming OWNED or PWNED or WTF ever. You name it, it happens every time I play.

Silly boy, did you stop make changes in the middle of the game? :D

Does this stuff happen to any of you or am I just particularly unlucky?

Actually, I haven't seen much of this sort of thing at all.

Yeah I get 4 or 5 people chasing me in CTF sometimes, when I'm over at their base harassing their FC.. (harassing because I can't kill him, cuz he can run around infinitely)

so I have 4 or 5 people chasing me... I kill 3 of them, and the other 2 usually bugger off...

You get that kind of crap on servers that aren't administrated properly, Lord Sokar.

A good admin shouldn't have to do much other than set rules, follow them himself, and be VERY fast with the punishment (to show that he's serious)

STFU NOOB w0nD!! Are not really appropriate remarks... Saying 'owned?' or 'rawr w0nd' after a good fight are ok, but the 'nub' and 'noob' stuff I personally find quite offensive in game.

If you want to play, and you're 14 years old, please at least don't type random jargon insults, be a little more creative :)

Actually I had something similar happen to me the other day. I'm not the best player out there, but I happened to land in a server where everyone else is worse than me.

Someone kept trying to push me off a ledge so I push him. He dies. He does it again "this is all with my saber down one of the rules on this server was not to attack with saber down." Hell I had my chat bubble up too. lol I push him off again he starts crying and calls me a "push horror." Some other guy does the same thing and he ends up falling to his death. lol Then says "you attacked me with my saber down lamer... "

I keep going I fight some guy the ADMIN is just standing around doing nothing needless to say he gets in my way while I'm fighting someone and gets it. He says don't piss me off. lol Like his server is the only server on the net. Later I end up fighting him I kill him and he kicks me. lol

It also happens I get lamed by someone. I kill them 4 or 5 times after that and they start calling votes to kick me. lol

For one I don't care much for the "saber down" rule it's asking to be stabbed in the back, but I try to respect it when it's posted. My idea it's a "god dam FFA." If you're not going to play leave. Stop standing around watching crap you're taking up space for someone that actually wants to play. If you want to try to Role Play go buy "Star Wars Galaxies" or "KOTOR"

This game "like JKII" is littered with cry babies that can't play and get their fillings hurt when you kill them for trying to kill you. If I'm not bothering you and you start taking pot shots at me I'm taking you down whatever way works and works fastest.

^ I'm in the same boat as you. It can't be that I'm 'that great' at this game, but folks are dropping like flies and this is turning into a problem.

I just went to a saber only server that had full force enabled, I picked up all my normal 'mean' force powers, grip, LIGHTNING, and drain. Found 4 people going at it. Did my cartwheel into the action, took out 2 players, spun around with lightning and smoked the other 2.

Everyone got PISSED at me, went balastic about my lightning and spins. Then I fought an admin who was around, chocked him, threw him off a ledge and got kicked. Came back and got vote kicked.

Now I can't find any open slots on any other FFA servers that are sabers only.

Damn...

I've got to have my own server just to play.

It's #$()*&) nuts.... I generally play nf duels and am pretty courteous. There was this one guy who wouldn't shut up and whenever he'd lose went crazy about how he was planning his attacks and everyone else was just button-mashing. Someone got tired of him just standing there talking while he was supposed to be dueling, (it never ended), and killed him. He then proceded to go ballistic and before long he thought I was the guy who had killed him. I just meditated while he was talking..... and talking........ This is just one incident, but something equally obnoxious has happened on nearly very server I've joined lately.

If I do something wrong and I get kicked is one thing. I might have deserved it. If I'm following the rules no matter how dumb they are and get kicked just for being better than the players on the server that is silly.

That server gets added to my favorites list. I pay them a visit as often as I can. :)

Whenever I intentionally kill someone. I pick someone that is fighting. If you stand around acting dumb and get in my way "oh well." I have never in any game cried about getting killed by someone.

In AVP2 I play as a alien and people cry all the time about aliens using pounce, or humans using tracking weapons. How can you cry about people using the weapons that are in the game to play with. Like people calling me a push whore.

If you don't want people to push you play on a server with no force powers. If you don't want to get shot by guns play on a server with no guns. There are plenty of them.

This always happens with new games. Some communities may get struck with more bad players than others.

A good analogy is a rusty faucet. If you consider the good, honest people to be the water, and the idiots to be the rust, you just have to wait a while until they're gone, usually with a comment like, "omg sum1 killed me in MP with teh fource this game sux bye". Just let it run long enough and it becomes clear...

I agree with you all about the ridiculous behavior of some of these people. Personally, I can't stand all the l337 talk that goes on all the time. It really makes me worry about the future of our country, much less the gaming community.

But back to the point, yeah, I've seen a lot of stupidity going on. For example: I use the double saber, and I must say, I've gotten pretty good with it. I mean, I'm no "l337" player or some such junk, but I have won a lot of matches (nf duels). It seems that every time I start doing well, though, one or two people start saying how I'm "rush spamming" (whatever the hell that is), "n00b spamming", or something else just as dumb. I then explain to them that I'm simply playing the game with the tools that Raven has given, then they really start going off saying how lame I am and that I'm just a newbie player with no skill. Mind you, some of these are the same players who like to spend an entire match running around the map, avoiding dueling and just spouting off lame binded messages about how they're going to "pwn" me...then I saber them to death and they shout "LAMER".

Ok, it's just a game. It's meant for entertainment. I know some people take things a bit more seriously when it comes to games, but it is what it is...a videogame. But I don't think there's any excuse for so many people to behave like little children who didn't get the toy they wanted for Christmas. Nor do I think there's any excuse for their behavior when they lose to someone who's playing the game the way the programmers made it. All I've been hearing about is how Raven needs to patch this or that. Yeah, I've noticed some flaws, but not with gameplay specifically. The main thing I've noticed a flaw with is hit detection, but it's really not that bad. Certainly not a big enough flaw to warrant a patch so soon.

So, for any of you "l337" folk who might read this, please listen. Stop crying like a baby when you get "pwnd". Quit flaming stupid bind messages stating how great you are and how stupid we all are for being "n00bs". Quit complaining about losing due to game mechanics that Raven and Lucasarts have spent months developing and playtesting to get the balance THEY desired (imagine that, a company making a game THEY wanted to make). And when you l337 freaks see me in a game (I go by HAZARD_Dragonis), just remember; I have a job, a girlfriend, and I'm probably older than you, so act your age and not your shoe size cause I'm not impressed by your poor grammar and lack of sense of reality.

Play on guys. There are still some of us who don't act like jerks.

I was playing a duel match... I was spectating and this guy just starts acting like a idoit, saying things like "**** usa" and "kill all the jews", then changes his name to "Adolf Hitler" (after proclaiming the dead man's "greatness"). Then he goes on to say that "this game sux! piece of ****". ALl this started after he wanted to kick a player because their "model sux!" (It was Mon Mothma). Another player and I asked if there were any other reasons, and he started his little tantrum.

I left... later found a siege sever that was hosting only 5 people- no lag, great use of teamwork, and no use of "lamer" or "You sux!"

Just goes to show that total opposites can be found in the the world of JA mulitplayer....

Originally posted by JediTACC

I was playing a duel match... I was spectating and this guy just starts acting like a idoit, saying things like "**** usa" and "kill all the jews", then changes his name to "Adolf Hitler" (after proclaiming the dead man's "greatness"). Then he goes on to say that "this game sux! piece of ****". ALl this started after he wanted to kick a player because their "model sux!" (It was Mon Mothma). Another player and I asked if there were any other reasons, and he started his little tantrum.

What was this guys name? I feel like harassing him... :swear:

OMG.

I've been playing again all day today (I should get out more often) and every time I win now I get kicked! What is wrong with this nonsense?

I really wanted to enjoy this game, but I can't! I even found some 20 player FFA servers and even when I lead by 10 kills, someone gets there ass in a knot and shoves me out the freakin door!

Please tell me many, many other people are experience this and not just me. I'm not doing anything.

^ They can use the client # to kick you by, doesn't matter about the name.

I just got my first ban. Here's the server:

HFB JA - FFA SO NF

66.98.176.173:29070

One admin, MUERTE played really, really bad. But the one that probably kicked me is VULKAN. His deal was running into a crowd of people with two sabers and doing the mouse1+mouse2 attack.

I asked how he managed to get to the top of the leaderboard being as bad as he is. Hmmm. Guess that was it.

Originally posted by Shotokan

Man you guys are having some problems... Makes me want to NOT get the game...

That's why I'm venting, it's really bumming me out. I just want to play. Maybe I'm crazy, but I take FFA to mean FREE FOR ALL.

Oh well.

Are there any organized clans looking for players? Dark, of course, I have practice space but I want to do a tourney. Not just stick lame tags in our names.

Hi i'm new (to this forum not to Jedi Knight) and I found this topic interesting since the same thing happens to me, I even got this dude or whatever named WhiteKnight stocking me(strange). He follows me everywhere I go (I go by the name Vegeto if your wondering) and trys to kill me non stop.Now thats freeky !!!

Lord Sokar

^ They can use the client # to kick you by, doesn't matter about the name

Not with the Voting menu

but yea they can use the voting command ..something like cg_votekick # i forgot =/

Katarn90888

Hi i'm new (to this forum not to Jedi Knight) and I found this topic interesting since the same thing happens to me, I even got this dude or whatever named WhiteKnight stocking me(strange). He follows me everywhere I go (I go by the name Vegeto if your wondering) and trys to kill me non stop.Now thats freeky !!!

Lemme guess,u got into a server and u started trying to kill people around doing nothing?

Guess I've been lucky, the servers I've joined (the ones that pinged well) were full of people just playing the game.

Now on this one server a couple people would spam this big long set of insult binds... a simple "stfu" and they stopped. ; )

On another server a vote began to kick some player (for no discernable reason) so I voted NO right away, and it didn't pass. They didn't try to vote kick the guy again.

I'm running my own server now, so you're welcome to join if you can find it. I'm a pretty good sport. ; )

This happens in every game, at least we can laugh about it. Enough people get mad and they start frequenting good servers and hosting their own.

Originally posted by Side

Lemme guess,u got into a server and u started trying to kill people around doing nothing?

Can't speak for Katarn90888, but I tend not to strike people down who are chating or with sabers down, unless they do it to me, then I hunt them down like a wild animal.

I'll admit that on the one I was banned from, I was being an ass to an admin who could use a beating for jacking his score. But what the hey... it's his server I guess.

Oh, and I've got an entire clan that's hostile to me now, except for one nice girl.

Archived