Home

Here we go again!!!

StaffMaster

I know people have strong feelings about this, but honestly, how many more "the community is full of n00bs/lamers!" threads do we need?

Don't you think we know this? The game has just barely come out... these are the birth pangs!

No game has a perfect veteran community of mutal respecting professionals right away, why should JA be any different?

These threads are becoming as numerous as the "omg th1s game sux, patch it now plz" threads. Can't people just have a little patience? Guess not. ; p

Just have fun, learn the game, and eventually things will come together.

As far as the "honor/roleplaying" thing goes, keep it on your own private servers, it's a tiny niche community (that's loud unfortunately) and has nothing to do with the way the game was intended to be played for the vast majority of players.

I pledge my allegiance to such a valiant and worthy cause! Let the lames begin!

No but seriously, the whole "let's not play the game we paid for and just meditate in our chewbacca and darth maul skins while the other players who also paid for this game want to play, but every honourable jedi knows that games weren't made for playing, only for chatting and spamming useless multi coloured binds :)" doesn't go over well with me, because I know that it will soon degenerate to the point where you will only be able to find maybe 2 or 3 servers that actually play (even then you might have a crappy ping), just like in JO. So I'm with un- er...wiener dog on this one. :)

I think RP'ing is fine if people want to do it...in their own space. When I used to play Elite Force I'd often visit an Assimilation server to play...then one day I went in and got shouted out for assimilating because they were RP'ing! This was a server I had played in for ages and then, because they outnumbered me, I was the one getting callvotes to kick me. This is the point where it becomes a problem, if RP'ers hi-jack a server because no-one is around to stop them, it's wrong, otherwise let them RP.

The problem gets solved though in one simple way, you set up an RP community and get a server or 2 for it, these servers are designated purely RP servers and it prevents any arguments. Isn't there a group of RP'ers already in JO/JA? All it takes is a bit of organisation and server specifics and these threads won't even need to exist!

Originally posted by the weiner dog!

laming is fun.

it's all I did in the last 6 months of outcast.

LoL yeah

:( till i got baned from to many servers

Those honor codes and all that stuff was built by players to make the game more fun, and in some time it all became common sense.

I guess i am one of those (when i have my name on :D )

I remember noobs like staffmaster that came to a ffa server where people is chating, dueling or pp fighting (or all), and then just be anoying killing them when they are typing or get in the midle of a pp fight.

Well usually i am always waiting for players like him, when all the people is talllllllllllllking or doing nothing, because you can show him who is the master and have some fun with the noob (the pull-kick everytime they try to stand up usually makes them leave).

If some good player kills me when i am talking or bothers me when i am pp fighting, i simply kick his ass 7 times, then when they begin saying ill kick your ass in a duel or pp fight, so i fight them, they shut up and leave.

Stormhammer

I recommend you get a grip, and calm down. Yes, it's annoying, bur frankly there's not much we can do about it. Anyway, let's not make yet another thread that turns into a bashing-fest full of flames. I guarantee, every time someone starts one of these threads, it eventually resorts to flames because people with different points of view can't agree to disagree.

I love your style.

If only mods on other forums had such conviction

Bravo !

Yes MP kids, calm down

Archived