Home

JKA: Vehicles WIP - Speeder Bike, STAP & Dewback Pix

monsoontide

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by monsoontide

Hi Manquesa,

Was watching ROTJ tonight and noticed that those little exhausts don't actually have a glow or exhaust effect rotoscoped on them - they just detailing.

mmmm, ok, I wish I woulda saw this post before I just released the thing on pcgamemods.com. Oh well, i'm not changing it. What I ended up doing was putting exhaust tags on those 4 smaller engines (which now doesn't seem like was necessary) and recessed them into the model a bit so only a little more than the tails of the exhaust flames shoot out, then I put four tags on each of the big engines to make it look like one big exhaust on each.

Woulda been so much easier to keep it the way I had it before. Glad to be done with it though.

Originally posted by monsoontide

Hi Manquesa,

Was watching ROTJ tonight and noticed that those little exhausts don't actually have a glow or exhaust effect rotoscoped on them - they just detailing.

mmmm, ok, I wish I woulda saw this post before I just released the thing on pcgamemods.com. Oh well, i'm not changing it. What I ended up doing was putting exhaust tags on those 4 smaller engines (which now doesn't seem like was necessary) and recessed them into the model a bit so only a little more than the tails of the exhaust flames shoot out, then I put four tags on each of the big engines to make it look like one big exhaust on each.

Woulda been so much easier to keep it the way I had it before. Glad to be done with it though.

Phew :sweating: finally!

The chrome shader now works great :D

Heres what I have

1: The colour image .tga (with alpha channel - white areas have no gloss / Grey - inbetween / Black areas have full gloss)

2: Environment map .jpg

3: Glow map .jpd (Black areas become transparent) also has a sort of pulse added to it with the - rgbGen wave noise 0 1 0 1 - line.

Hope this will help anyone else wanting this sort of effect!

Heres the shader itself

models/players/n1_mst/n1_mst

{

cull disable

{

map models/players/n1_mst/n1_mst.tga

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/n1_mst/env_chrome.tga

blendfunc add

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

tcGen environment

}

{

map models/players/n1_mst/n1_mst.tga

blendfunc blend

rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}

{

map models/players/n1_mst/n1_mst_glow.tga

blendfunc add

rgbGen wave noise 0 1 0 1

}

}

Just a few more tweaks to the vehicle file to make! Then I'll send it back to Duncan and see if he can make it big enough to fit a droid like on the x-wing (Or at least animate the R2 head!

Ahem...Light blue, not green. And im looking forward to the Acklay release. Umm while im here I wanna ask if Duncan, Monsoontide or iamyourfather would be intrested in making a few vehicles for my movie. I have so far blue prints for a Droid Sub and an advanced Jedi Starfighter. If I forgot anyone else that makes vehicle's, im sorry.

Originally posted by Zappa_0

Ahem...Light blue, not green. And im looking forward to the Acklay release. Umm while im here I wanna ask if Duncan, Monsoontide or iamyourfather would be intrested in making a few vehicles for my movie. I have so far blue prints for a Droid Sub and an advanced Jedi Starfighter. If I forgot anyone else that makes vehicle's, im sorry.

Do you have top front an left?

Originally posted by Zappa_0

The Starfighter is a top and front pic. I may do a back drawing of it also. The Droid sub i have all three. Ill try to scan them here in a bit and also iamyourfather do you have msn messenger, so I can send them to you? If so message me at JediOutcastMovies@msn.com

I can't do without a left shot, it's second in its importance after the top.

Archived