Home

Wanna see the biggest lightsabers ever?

Master William

What would Mr. Freud say??

Just kidding... I saw some of those in the More Hilts pack. While kinda funny, I honestly wouldn't use them in MP. Why use a normal blade when you can have one that's 20 feet long? (Or a pair of saberstaves, etc)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Just kidding... I saw some of those in the More Hilts pack. While kinda funny, I honestly wouldn't use them in MP. Why use a normal blade when you can have one that's 20 feet long? (Or a pair of saberstaves, etc)

kurgan, correect me if i'm wrong but i have never seen TWO saberstaff's in the mod i mean darth maul's hilt is there under single/duel sabers but it only has one blade in those options

I swear there is an option (I ran the mod in JA multiplayer) that allows you to use TWO SABERSTAFFS (staves) each with two blades (so you have four).

Check Dual Sabers and pick the hilt, you'll see.

Also there are some problems with the mod (at least for me), none of the new hilts have names (they just appear as blanks in the list) and about half of the "normal" (not super huge or "ancient sith") hilts have misaligned texures on them (making them look really weird).

Originally posted by Kurgan

I swear there is an option (I ran the mod in JA multiplayer) that allows you to use TWO SABERSTAFFS (staves) each with two blades (so you have four).

Check Dual Sabers and pick the hilt, you'll see.

Also there are some problems with the mod (at least for me), none of the new hilts have names (they just appear as blanks in the list) and about half of the "normal" (not super huge or "ancient sith") hilts have misaligned texures on them (making them look really weird).

ohh i know the one with the semicircle hilt with 2 long blades and a bunch of tiny "blade squares" on the hilt? well in the single/duel selection only ONE of the blades do damage the others are decorations i think because of all the times i hit right on with the other blades and nothing happens

Exactly !

Back in the day it was sufficient to have a hotted up car as a phallic symbol..... though I guess most of you kids cant drive yet huh ? :p .....just kiddin

I think those sabers are just *ridiculously* long. It's hard enough standing on lifts with the saber staff. Plus, using desanns sabers, single or double are more than enough.....

saber desann desann

as for stave swords, like the one 'Boc' had in JKI right ??

MTFBWYA

There might be a disadvantage to using such long blades. Since the Jedi can't hold them upside down without going through the floor, it would be very difficult for him to block attack to his legs. Also, since the leverage (?) near the tips of the blade will be so weak, it would be very difficult to smash through the opponent's defences at long reach, and very easy for an opponent to beat away the blade and expose the Jedi (sabers are always locked at the forte). Twirling them in tight quarters would also be difficult, if not impossible (and dual-saberists do a lot of twirling).

as for stave swords, like the one 'Boc' had in JKI right ??

I believe Boc used normal dual sabers?

As for the elongated saber, I'd use it as a single saber and basically making it into a "saber pike" or "saber lance". Combine with a cortosis shield and a Tauntaun and you'd be a real Jedi Knight with a mount n' all that stuff :D

The problem isn't the upload, it's the download. Since you probably didn't pay for this webspace they are trying to keep traffic low. Works fine for websites since some text isn't much to dl at all, but as soon as you upload large pictures and lots of people download them it exeeds your limitation and they shut it down.

Archived