Home

Mmmm.... classic gaming ^_^

Kuuki

Hmmm... kinda cool, but really nothing like the original.

I guess I'll just have to find a 2600 emulator and ROM downloads one of these days... or try to find old Atari hardware that still works since I still have all these cartridges.

i downloaded a atari800 emulator from this site i dont remember anymore. but if i remember it right there was a 2600 emu for dl too..

and i dont know a place where to find such err.. cooooool hardware like atari2600 (although i know they exist).. but i remember i've seen a place where you can find guides to build big strange machines that will read out cartridges for emulator usage.

i'd love to use old hardware, but emus have one advantage at hand. it's only as large or small as my vaio and gfx/sfx shots are as easy as .. uummm.. install windows. :)

My favourite retro games which I still play (on my Master System II) are:

R-Type

Shinobi

Ninja

Wonderboy

Outrun

Double Dragon

Sonic the Hedgehog 1 & 2

Golden Axe

Speedball 2

Prince of Persia

Alex Kidd in Shinobi World

Alien 3

... and Tetris does rule. I spent many hours playing it when it first came out.

Technically the Tengen produced Tetris (which I play for the superior game modes) predates the Bullet Proof Software version which most people incorrectly call the "original" Tetris. Besides, neither is the original Tetris because Tetris predates the US version of the NES.

Ya know, those unauth'ed games can kill your box... Nintendo put in a sort of handshake authentication system to make sure that the games were licensed by Nintendo... The non-licensed ones use an electric jolt to the NES's "hand" to confuse it into thinking it got the right message... I went through 3 Nintendos before I found that out, and I immediatly sold my non-authed games.

It's not about BANG! Ker-POW! entertainment

its 'this thing will drag you in kicking and screaming, and keep you drawn in, by keep challenging yourself to be better' type of entertainment...

But with less 'big brother inforcement'

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

I wonder where my copy of Tengen Tetris is. Its gotta be worth something.

there's this one guy who lives around me and he says that the tengen copy can sell somewhere around $50 because it's somewhat rare.

that also reminds me, that thing they had in EGM, one of the games was tetris and one of the things the kids kept metioning is that tetris should have bombs.

Archived