Home

Hockey Season begins!!!

ET Warrior

Well, here it is another season of hockey beginning, and my Avalanche are looking like the team that's going to take it all! With the addition of Paul Kariya and Teemu Selanne our offense is nearly unstopable. It'll take a goalie on the top of his game and a defense that won't let up to prevent us from scoring more than one goal per game.

That being said, my hat goes off to St Louis. last night Osgood and their Defense held us to one goal while Keith Tkachuk scored two. It was a good game, though I was sad to see my team come out on bottom.

I respect team loyalty. If the avs were to be the worst team in the league they'd still be my favorites. Sorry we had to beat the crap out of your team on opening night then :p

Hockey is ok but i would rather watch Baseball, Football, and Racing, they our more fun to watch but that is just me

That's unbelieveable. I mean, football is kind of cool. But BASEBALL? RACING? THE two absolutely most boring things that you could ever watch. Honestly. And coming in at number THREE, is basketball.

I'm with the groovster, hockey is basically all I care about. I will watch football, but only if it's the Broncos, or sometimes I'll watch the CU Buffalos, i mean, it is my school. But that's all.

That's unbelieveable. I mean, football is kind of cool. But BASEBALL? RACING? THE two absolutely most boring things that you could ever watch. Honestly. And coming in at number THREE, is basketball.

Thats YOUR opinion Mate. I believe Hockey is the most unsucessful Sport for a reason ;)

But if i had to cheer for a Team, i would have to cheer for the Chicago Blackhawks aswell, Hometown glory:p I heard they got a good rookie on the team.

I Am Canadian, but I don't like hockey, never have.

I like the winter time; snowmen building, snowball fights,

going down a hill out of control on a giant tire.

but winter sports:

hockey

curling

sking and shooting a gun

silly really.

most sports I dont like, unless your are participating in

and then its for fun, not all this must win competion stuff.

21 is good basketball

mini putt is good golf

a batting cage makes good baseball

football\soccer nope

if you could play soccer on a smaller field okay

foozball is good

pinball is better

and EA sports games or other sports games rock!

the only sport I would have gotten invloved in

IF it existed was Rollerball.

(the old James Cahn version not the new one)

but hockey fans have a good time I guess.

just because i don't like sports

I know you guys do

*and personally if it wasn't for sports on TV

I would never get a chance to sleep with your

wives, girlfriends and finacee's;) *

Hockey is the greatest sport!

I've been playing hockey for 15 years now and I'm still thrilled before every game. As a matter of fack I just came back from a game, and I'm proud to say we beat the crap out of the otter team! yay!

As far a the NHL goes, well i'm a Canadiens fan, always was. And so far they kicked Toronto 4-0 and beat Washington 5-1.

GO! HABS! GO!

Originally posted by KBell

Thats YOUR opinion Mate. I believe Hockey is the most unsucessful Sport for a reason ;)

But if i had to cheer for a Team, i would have to cheer for the Chicago Blackhawks aswell, Hometown glory:p I heard they got a good rookie on the team.

If it's so damned unsuccessful, why are there so many teams now? You don't see Football in the winter olympics son...

To play Hockey you have to be a very good ice skater (came natural to me for some reason, even though I suck at most sports), think fast, be able to pass, check and have quick reflexes, yet to play football, all you have to do is be able to run really fast (which you can also do in track), or be really fat, so that nobody can get past you. All I can say about football is:

whoopdeedoo.jpg

If it's so damned unsuccessful, why are there so many teams now

Thats exactly what the problem is with Hockey, they dont know how to control their assests. I've already heard of the NHL having t cut 2 or 3 future franchises due to lack of Money towards the players. Thats why i pointed out that NHL players get paided an ubserd amounts of money that the NHL just cant afford to give to their teams.

Thats why i pointed out that NHL players get paided an ubserd amounts of money that the NHL just cant afford to give to their teams.

And Football players don't?:eek:

If they cut teams, it's because they put teams in places where the demand for Hockey is not really there, I could never understand why the Nashville Predators were even concieved. What the hell does Tennesee know about Hockey?:confused:

Thats why i pointed out that NHL players get paided an ubserd amounts of money that the NHL just cant afford to give to their teams.

Just for your information, Baseball players are the highest paid athletes. A-Rod has a 252 mil. contract.

And both sports require lot of skill. And Football does not just come down to speed. There are many aspects to the game, as well as hockey...

Personal Reasons of why I like hockey compared to other sports:

Baseball: They play 162 FREAKING games a year and you could lose 80 of those and still make the playoffs. Every time someone says they are great athletes I point to David Wells and dare anyone tell me any other sport they could play. Pitchers: Boo hoo I threw 100 times and now need 5 days rest. Batting: I mock someone every time they miss the ball with their bat because a goalie has to do that about 25+ times a game and if they miss they lose. They also play at times which aren't convenient for a fan on the west coast. I believe there was a game on at 1 PM here the other day which is too early because people have to work.

Football: You normally specialize offense or defense only unlike hockey where you have to play both. Look at me I am huge so that makes me a lineman. You weight 350 and have muscles=NFL career=stupid reason. Not always an athlete just huge dude. They play Once a week and only maybe 22 times (I think it is 22 times for championship). I despise the rule even though I understand it but in the playoffs you lose one game you are out. That would suck so much if you had an offnight or whatever. You run a play and then take a 30 second break until the next play. If you screw up you have like 13 other guys on the field to help you.

Basketball: I don't mind basketball as much because there is skill with getting a small ball in a small hoop. You also have to play D as well as O. You also play 82 games and have to run up and down the court all the time so I will leave basketball alone because I repect it enough.

Hockey: You have to have good hand eye coordination to get the puck and move/pass/shoot with it while skating and watching out for the opposing team while they try to slam you into the boards or take the puck. When you get hit there isn't always a lot of protection. When you get hit you either fall to the ICE or you get rammed into a WALL (boards). You play O and D. When you take a penalty you don't go 5 yards closer you get stuck in the sin bin which causes you to not be on the ice and your team is now down a man. That is a serious punishment. You actually fight in hockey with your fists. There are all sorts of slashing and groin hitting and everything else that happens during the game. You play through injuries. This is where I really don't respect football players. I broke my arm so I cannot play for 8 weeks. A hockey player comes back in a week. I got hit in the face and required 39 stitches. The hockey man misses a shift as opposed to the football player who misses the game because of the pain. We have ice cheerleaders. Go Carolina!

My number 1 reason: Al MacInnis hits 100+ MPH slapshots at a goalie and there are people in the way. Watch out. I have seen him score goals from 100 feet out. I have seen him knock goalies out of the games. I have seen him cause massive bone breaking to players and most importantly I have seen him score approx 1300 points.

BigTeddyPaul

Floppa pissed me off in that game. I love his skill but when he acts like a panzy and falls when he gets hit I lose all respect for him. What a wuss.

Osgood was the man. 38 of 39 I think it was. Wow. Tkachuk is the hart this year . . . hopefully. Stay healthy my man and you can win it all.

Jackman is still as good as ever. All those Wings fans aren't saying much right now about Zetterberg although Nash in Columbus is making a point this year so far.

So far I am happy. 3 points out of 4 and an OTL with 21 seconds left.

GO BLUES.

BigTeddyPaul

Originally posted by BigTeddyPaul

Personal Reasons of why I like hockey compared to other sports:

Baseball: They play 162 FREAKING games a year and you could lose 80 of those and still make the playoffs. Every time someone says they are great athletes I point to David Wells and dare anyone tell me any other sport they could play. Pitchers: Boo hoo I threw 100 times and now need 5 days rest. Batting: I mock someone every time they miss the ball with their bat because a goalie has to do that about 25+ times a game and if they miss they lose. They also play at times which aren't convenient for a fan on the west coast. I believe there was a game on at 1 PM here the other day which is too early because people have to work.

Thats the best thign about Baseball! there are so many games, its BETTER for the fans. Yo ucan see your team play more often. Hockey Players hiot the ground with sticks. Picthers have to throw, back to back to back, as fast as they can, and control it. And we are talking about 90 MPH here!

Paul, when are they gonna hve it? 6? Thats when a lot of people get home. But over here, thats 9 o'clock, and thats to late for people, espicially if they have work/school the next day. Who cares if they miss a few hours in the beggining, as long as you guys get to see the end of the game, which not many Eastern Fans do.

Originally posted by ZBomber

Thats the best thign about Baseball! there are so many games, its BETTER for the fans. Yo ucan see your team play more often. Hockey Players hiot the ground with sticks. Picthers have to throw, back to back to back, as fast as they can, and control it. And we are talking about 90 MPH here!

Do not speak unless you actually have some knowledge of what you speak of. I've played both sports, and I can say without a doubt that Hockey took WAY more than baseball did.

And it's not really back to back to back when they wait 20 minutes (Note, that IS an exaggeration) between each pitch.

Originally posted by ET Warrior

Do not speak unless you actually have some knowledge of what you speak of. I've played both sports, and I can say without a doubt that Hockey took WAY more than baseball did.

And it's not really back to back to back when they wait 20 minutes (Note, that IS an exaggeration) between each pitch.

I have just a few things to add....

In Hockey, players are subistituted often (not the Goalie, really...) So while you are using more strength, you get to rest, while pitchers have to throw about, oh say 10-15+ pitches an inning. I will say Hokcey is hard, but you can't say being a pitcher is easy.

Archived