Home

Hidden gametype - Saga?

Master William

I played Saga mode once or twice in JO. My only gripe was that the Anchorhead map was so big that lag was inevitable. It's a good idea though. There's a mod called Balance of the Force that is also an objective-based mode for JO. Unfortunately, I cannot remember the web address since I haven't played JO ever since I got JA.

The demo you saw from my server was one Skinwalker recorded (quite fun btw).

All that was was me loading up a Single Player map from JA in MP in team ffa mode. You can load ANY SP map from the console and have people play it.

Of course some maps are buggier than others, becuase none of them were intended for online play. Often they're laggy, or certain scripted events dont work properly (on the swoop level for example the Swoop riding enemies turn into guys standing next to untextured swoops that respawn forever, on Hoth you never get a key to open a certain locked door, forcing you to cheat.... etc). Also there is only one respawn point on these maps, so if people join all at once and don't get out of the way they'll telefrag each other (and bots of coures just jump around since there are no routes for them). Additionally if you die you respawn way at the very start of the map.

So coop is in JA in a sense, but its hit and miss and you usually have to cheat a lot, but it can be fun. ; )

From what I gathered SAGA was a hidden mode in JK2 that eventually became Siege in JA. It lacked a real class system and drivable vehicles, but otherwise it was similar. Anchorhead and BOTF mods were attempts by people to put those options into a usable context in JO (SAGA itself was just a mod, like JediVMerc, there were no official maps for it in JK2, other than ones third party editors made, like Anchorhead).

I never played it but that's what I'm told by people who have.

Originally posted by Kurgan

The demo you saw from my server was one Skinwalker recorded (quite fun btw).

All that was was me loading up a Single Player map from JA in MP in team ffa mode. You can load ANY SP map from the console and have people play it.

Ah, yes that demo.

Btw, have u seen teh flight school demo?

Archived