Home

Single, double, or dual?

MasterN64

I agree with Kurgan: Single Saber = Dual Sabers = Saberstaff

However there's something strange with JA single saber. I'm an average JO player and I use blue & yellow stances almost all the time. In JA I can barely kill noobs with blue or yellow Maybe they changed timing of slashes or something else...dunno. :confused:

Instead when I use Red stance I'm able to get respectable results, the same results I get with double or staff.

Originally posted by mastern64

I meant color of the saber not style. The mod i am making will get you a certain colored saber.

Beyond the six main colors? hmmm?:

white

white with black center(black with a white glow)

white with a mild blue tint(SW A New Nope Style)

silver

burgandy(darker sith saber)

:sithm:

eniaC

:queen________________________________:queen

shock1Darth Rosh's {R^S} Server |24.26.141.235|shock1

Purple or Blue Staff.

I must say that skill is all that matters. AFter the debacle with balance in JO with the 1.2 and 1.3 stuff, I dont' think they'd release a game with horrible balance issues. Think about it. The toughest opponents are those who know their weapons. Period. Even in SP (Which is a totally different game in many ways, but certain things still hold true), some of your toughest opponents use 1 saber. It's all about timing.

staff for me. green, purple or blue.

kurgan said it best: all sabers are equal. its just whos using them that makes them strong.

having said that, dual sabers is most likely the easiest to learn, being very powerful for those who constantly attack. saber staff is the middle ground, decent to learn, decent to master. single saber is the hardest to learn properly, and the hardest to master. but ive beaten very good people who use staff, dual AND single.

also, you can throw the saber with any saber type. for the staff you just need to sheath one end and then throw like a normal saber.

all sabers are created equally, just some are more designed for spammage (dual saber) some are more overwhelming (staff) and some require more finesse (single).

Originally posted by EvilIguana966

Single sabers are woirthless, they cant block the 1 hit kill double sabers, they cant break through double saber defenses.

Thats the biggest load of crap I ever did hear. The single is the best one, 1) it can break through all the other sabers, 2) it has a very fast follow up. I think your crazy. :)

P.S

No offense.

Single sabers useless? Pure comedy! I *LOVE* guys who use dual saber and lots of specials... they are so easy to kill with red stance single saber. If anything, dual is the weakest style against people with a clue, its reach is poor and its specials are SO easy to counter. If they immobilize themselves with their specials, I nail them easily. If they come after me and try to bulldoze me with sheer button-mashing, I hit them with a kata of my own. Boo hoo.

Newbies with dual saber kata and the yaw cheat kill alot of... newbies who don't know to (a) get out of the way, and/or (b) use one of the bazillion counters to it. They are just so easy to kill, I think half of my score comes from counter-hits against people using the dual saber kata + yaw cheat or other specials.

I like move spammers, they mean I can get alot of kills on a server. :D

In single player, I seem to have more fun with the staff, however.

Archived