What should I switch to?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What should I switch to?

• Teras Kasi Artist
    • Fencer
    • Swordsman
    • Pikeman
    • Stay Pistoleer

Pikeman...just sucks so much The Long Vibro Axe is the best weapon and it is about 100-300 dmg medium armor pierce at 4.6 speed or something. The problem is it gets about -50 to all range mods. All other polearms suck major ballz. Now for One hand, awesome class with sub par weapons. The Gaffi Stick is by far the best one hand weapon at about 120-230 with no armor peirce and 3.6 speed also -3 range mods.

Now Swordsman a decent class(needs improvement like all non-tka melee). You can do some serious damage with Power Hammers (They are actually good now, wasn't when I was Swordsman) They are about 120-450 dmg with 4.6 Attack Speed and Medium armor pierce with about -25 Range mods on the best ones. The best Weapon is a really high sliced 2hnd Curved. I can't even remeber the base I think its 64-221 but its speed is 2.6 and Medium armor pierce with +7 to all range mods. Throw a speed powerup on that baby and your wanking everything. Even if you get a speed slice it can be even more insane.

Well good luck on your choice

And I'm spent.

[Edit] Almost forgot about TKA. TKA is one of the best classes in the game. Very versatile and able to solo kamurith missions at master and no pets. Also great in PvP. The only true problem is getting from Novice Bralwer to Novice TKA but once you are there it is cake. Since you have Pistoleer you can just bleed guys and go wank on em melee style.

Ok now I'm spent.

~SK~

I would like to mention that it's not that all melee professions need improvement, it's that TKA needs to be NERFED. Yep, there, I said it. Cheesiest profession out there. Like Force of Will isn't strong enough, these guys have a move to cause just about every state out there. Add in the knockdowns, meditation and everything else, these guys are darn near totally self-sufficient.

For thos eof you that are unaware what force of wills is, well, when you knock these bad boys down and they go incap, they can stand right back up. Yeah, they don't have much left for life, but usually, if you survive a TKA attack, normally neither do you.

Keep in mind, I'm not saying that there are other professions that need some nerfing, just that they aren't nearly as bad as TKA. I will admit, my poisons are nasty. However, when you only get one shot on a TKA, you need to make it count.

I am dropping Master TKA because the ONLY good things about it are Power Boost and WOund Healing at Master. Force of Willis a TERRIBLE skill. It fails 80% of the time, AND takes all my HAM down to 1 across the board while I still stay incapped.

In PvP, EVERYONE kites a TKA unless they are in a major attack with so many people attacking they have no clue you are even there. THAT is when TKA is badass in PvP.

Otherwise, I love to solo Kamurith for the big bucks!:D

Go TKA to be your own medic, doctor, and money maker. AWESOME against NPC's, but TERRIBLE against any averagely skilled ranged user.:( :( :(

Let me give you a tip hun.

Use burstrun when attacking. Most people don't. This will enable you to get close enough. Ever wonder why H'bsr always seems to be where he needs to be? Yep, burstrun. Ever wonder how I catch kiters to apply poison? Yep, burstrun.

As far as Force of Wills, the fact that it works at all is amazing. Do you not realize how powerful that is? You lie their incapped because some BH used eyshot and kited you. Now he approaches to DB. You jump up, smack him to the ground and kill him. They almost never see it coming.

Anyways, I'm sharing too many tactics now. :D

Originally posted by Deft Aklin

I would like to mention that it's not that all melee professions need improvement, it's that TKA needs to be NERFED. Yep, there, I said it. Cheesiest profession out there. Like Force of Will isn't strong enough, these guys have a move to cause just about every state out there. Add in the knockdowns, meditation and everything else, these guys are darn near totally self-sufficient.

While you have some points, I think you are only seeing one side.

"Look at pistoleer. They get great bleeds. Just add in a few levels of exploration, and these guys can take anything on. Just bleed, run, bleed, run."

Boo-ya!

I feel like TKA is powerful, but not overly so. We dont even get to target a specific pool until novice TKA, and 60k combat xp.

Im sorry I got a bit defensive there, I just feel like I was being attacked....hmmm...

btw I dont think you should call it "nerf", but it is your choice. I say its called "balancing"

Deft,

FOW takes all our pools to one each. Sometimes it works, but only does 2 pools and heals half of the damage. Also Arina is right that it works about 80% of the time. Lets see thats about 90% of the time being completly useless and the other times when it works you get incaped instantly because of low ham. And I'm sorry TKA cannot do kd or any specail move for that matter with 1 ham.

TKA gets no Damage Over Time attacks. TKA does get all specific pool attacks but all of them are super weak. Yes we can burst run all right. But we can't do it all the time just like everyone else. I think TKA needs to be as powerful as it is so people actually go melee.

I have heard that they are making melee better. Making them able to tank more and being as useful as pets. If you wanna see how good tka is at tanking, ask corzip or jan.

~SK~

Archived