Home

Any Transformers Fan here?

lukeiamyourdad

I kind of am a fan of the originals (although I did have a thing for Beast Wars & Beast Machines), and well, those few and many of us who do or do not own a PS2 do have something to look forward to in the form of a game, and, if I'm not mistaken, it's based on the movie.

I'd heard the game was in the works, and well, I was right. I'd seen a trailer of a Transformers PS2 game in the works from Atari (if I'm not mistaken) at gametrailers.com, and that's what I mean by "something to look forward to."

And, hey, I'm not lying. ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

I guess it was just a way to show that he really was dead and he wasn't coming back. It was a powerful scene, especially for a children's movie, I loved it!

Actually, he did come back in an episode. I remember. Hot Rod gave him back the matrix and every thing, but Optimus went insane with it, it was kinda erie. But Optimus gave it back and died again. Odd.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

Yeah I know that episode. He was remade by the Quintesson who made him to lure the autobots to a huge bomb which would have destroyed them all. Hot Rod tried to stop him but Optimus regained his normal consciouness and gave back the matrix to him. He then drove the Autobot Cruiser into the bomb

I have that episode on DVD...I have all of the original series that have been released on boxed set dvd...why do I feel like such a nerd right now?

I saw some of the new line of TF toys this weekend, and I was rather disappointed. It's called Transformers Universe and it has a bunch of beast-oriented toys like Optimus Primal. They don't look very good.

I also saw a bunch of Armada ones, and although I like the fact that they are back to vehicles, the colors are ugly! OMG are they ugly... It looks like cheap plastic for six year olds.

Originally posted by Sherack Nhar

I also saw a bunch of Armada ones, and although I like the fact that they are back to vehicles, the colors are ugly! OMG are they ugly... It looks like cheap plastic for six year olds.

Sherack....they ARE cheap plastic for six-year-olds... :D

One of my greatest moments ever was when I was at my old job (Gamestop sales-monkey) & we had the original Transformers DVD playing in our Xbox. Had a kid walk up and ask "What's this?" I replied, "Transformers, the original, GOOD series." He got this look on his face of horror and sadness that his favorite series was just a poor remake. hehehe :D

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

*drools*

God...I still have some of my transformers action figures...sadly they're in very bad shape after years of playing with them...

Double post!:D

Why feel sad? Toys are for playing. Not keeping in a box so you can sell it when your 30. I always thought that was really dumb. When your a kid, you have your favorite toys so you can play w/ them. If I kept all my GIJoes in good condition, I could make a fortune now. But I don't care, 'cause it was worth the enjoyment of playing w/ them.

*runs to closet and starts pulling out GIJoes and sets up a HUGE battle*

Archived