Home

JA upstream

Hseeker

Hi,

I have a question concerning abouth the upstream of JKA

My ISP provider only gives me 1 gig of upstream in a period of 30 days.

And 10 gig of downstream wich i dont have a problem with, now the only game I curently play is JKA, there are no filesharing programs on, i dont host anything , the only things that are on are yahoo msg, MSN and of course the Internet.

I play a few hours of JKA not all day and acording to my ISP meter evry day i send a total of 60 megs worth of "upstream" wich realy bothers me, so im thinking that JKA is a HUGE upstream honker wich will kill me in the end :(

Im not totaly sure its JKA but I dont see any other clue.. can anyone here confirm that this game is using alot of upstream and if there is a way to "minimize" it ?

well, yes i use 56k, but what i do to make this better is i us ASE(All Seeing Eye) and filter out games that aren't american, and then i look for some with names on what coast of time zone the server is in, (live in Las Vegas so i search for western servers) i don't think this helps much, just puts things in perspective ;) , which is that 56k sucks :mad:

Wel i dont have a 56k modem im on a very fast cable, its just so many use it the ISP made it that way not many people dwnl so much to garentee internet speed, so its realy bad for gamers that like to play alot, thats why the upstream limit is raping me, i never had a problem with upstream until im playing JKA, so it must mean im sending alot of pakets to the internet. :(

ive got 56k, the few times i have been online its just been craptacular, probably my isp because my hardware is pretty darn good. Cant wait to get to get ADSL, get into GALAXIES...walking around endlessly and sometimes aimlessly in my beloved universe, meeting other SW freaks and chatting, doin stuff - i'm *really* looking forward to it, especially the starships expansion.

JO/JA/EF2 is as far as I go with FPS.....

not to mention KOTOR, cant wait for that either !!

MTBWYA

Originally posted by w00ki3

Galaxies is reset something like every 21 days and is a rts. Thats 100% commitment and then everythings reset after 3 weeks. Not for me.

You mean rpg :p .

But honestly, thats just crap!

Ahh JA is so much better.

I have a good connection so it dosen't worry me, but seriously, change your service provider. Whoever you have at the moment sucks.

Reduce your rate. If I recall correctly, your rate directly affects the amount of info you send to the server. For games with few ppl, you could probably reduce it to 3000 safely, for larger games try 5000 or more.

BTW, my isp has a similar upload limit that I know I've exceded on numerous occasions. Not sure about your isp but I think it's basically there so they can justify disconnecting ppl who severely hog bandwidth.

Archived