PG|Prometheus

Hi there!

Jedi Academy has arrived at Proving Grounds and we're

pleased to announce our first set of Jedi Academy ladders. Ignite your

light saber and head for the JA Sabers 1vs1 Full Force laddersand/or JA Sabers

1vs1 No Force ladders. Each ladder caters to a force preference and

very unique gameplay. If you're looking for a way to hone your saber

skills, join a PG ladder today! If you have any questions regarding

these ladders, please contact Prometheus or Binary or post in our JA Forums Both US and Euro players are welcome.

We're also looking for additional Admins for our Jedi Academy ladders

and any upcoming tournaments. Please fill out an apllication if you're qualified and interested.

We hope to see you there!

Prometheus

Assistant Admin of JA operations

Proving Grounds - http://www.provinggrounds.com

Ladders are just a way of matching people. It records all you wins and adds them up. As you win more matches, you rise up the ladder. But say, if you play someone on a low rung and win, you'll rise a few places, but if you play someone on a higher rung (as the nearer the top you are, the generally better you are) and win, you'll rise up quite a lot of places.

Overall its just a fun way of regularly playing people and its down to you whether you play someone not as good, about the same, or better than you!

Yeah, I signed up a few hours ago, looks nice and sleek 8-)

I'm pretty prepared to get totally whooped by Cobra. :)

EDIT: JediNiteDG has accepted your [{IGF}Agen_Terminator] challenge on the Jedi Academy DM 1vs1 Sabers NF ladder!

JediNiteDG has chosen Hoth Canyon as the first map to be played, and Abandoned City as a tiebreaker if one is needed.

Offered date and times are Nov 26 2003 at 7:30 PM EST, and Nov 28 2003 at 8:30 PM EST.

:D :D

Not to sure on his timing though... 1.30am :/

hehhe terminator, thats 1:30 here too >/ Maybe I'll miss that one lol :p

All saber types and styles are allowed.

All forces are allowed in ff dueling (although removing drain was considered as people can now drain health quicker than people can take it away). If this is the case, drain will be removed (or force regen lowered).

yeah best of luck, but this game is too random for any serious playing...

The turn outs for all ladders for this will be poor due to random saber combat and lack of effective combos / skill ramp....

I only have seen 2 players on the FF ladder...

s/o ctf is a lost cause with this game.

And why the heck did LA have raven put the blue glow back for absorb? It makes it useless and gives drainers in duels a huge advantage. Also in ctf it makes the dark player not give power to the light siders when draining gripping ect...thus negating the reason for absorb to protect against attacks. Also the dark guy waits for absorb to turn off and wham drain drain drain ..

I on a lan game dfa'ed an other player with red and he didn't die.

then he hits me with the staff butterfly Staff version of red stance dfa and kills me right away...random i say.... and it was on a LAN....not over the net.

Not being a jerk just pointing out why no one will play on ladders.

Originally posted by bodstevens

yeah best of luck, but this game is too random for any serious playing...

The turn outs for all ladders for this will be poor due to random saber combat and lack of effective combos / skill ramp....

I only have seen 2 players on the FF ladder...

s/o ctf is a lost cause with this game.

And why the heck did LA have raven put the blue glow back for absorb? It makes it useless and gives drainers in duels a huge advantage. Also in ctf it makes the dark player not give power to the light siders when draining gripping ect...thus negating the reason for absorb to protect against attacks. Also the dark guy waits for absorb to turn off and wham drain drain drain ..

I on a lan game dfa'ed an other player with red and he didn't die.

then he hits me with the staff butterfly Staff version of red stance dfa and kills me right away...random i say.... and it was on a LAN....not over the net.

Not being a jerk just pointing out why no one will play on ladders.

Sure the game might be a bit random at times with hit detection etc. but pure skill is unbeatable in the long run.

Also the DFA isn't a one hit kill anymore, it isn't randomness and the butterfly is much more powerful = you die. The butterfly is probably the staff's best move.

gives drainers in duels a huge advantage

Are you saying that people who aren't using drain, DON'T have the choice to pick drain or use it?

just pointing out why no one will play on ladders

Nope, Most of the competitive players were too used to jk2 to actually change to a different game. Unadaptability, mate.

Archived