Home

Inventors of the world.

Joshi

And i;m not talking about any Nicola Teslar or pansy inventors that never come up with anything actually useful. I mean the ones we don't know about but praise without knowing everyday. John Logie Baird can be one if you want, but he's pretty well known. i'll get the ball moving. The guy who invented the snooze button on alarm clocks. man that guy must be a genius.

any more?

Nikola Tesla features heavily in Broken Sword 3. And by "heavily", I mean one of his theories features in it. I don't think his name is mentioned or anything. Anyway, said theory is to do with geomantic energy, which naturally blows up the earth if utilised by the forces of evil, and learning all about it was certainly made fun thanks to George & Nico.

Did I misunderstand the beginning of this thread, or did I just read that Tesla didn't invent anything "useful?" I suppose that would mean that the mode of power that nearly all the world uses is pretty useless. Edison's wonderful invention isn't so marvelous without it.

I once heard somebody say that Tesla invented the remote control, but I think that's a bit of a stretch. Whoever did though deserves some praise. Along with the 11-year-old who accidentally invented the popsicle.

Akril

Originally posted by Akril

Did I misunderstand the beginning of this thread, or did I just read that Tesla didn't invent anything "useful?" I suppose that would mean that the mode of power that nearly all the world uses is pretty useless. Edison's wonderful invention isn't so marvelous without it.

I guess the power of irony and satireism canot penetrate the bounderies of the common internet forum *SIGH*

Anyway, we're talking about common day lifesavers here. Like the programmable watch allowing you to set it forwad a few minutes and get out of lessons early (my teacher should really think about buying his own watch).

i personally like to praise the inventor of lookalike xs and s sized pantees for m size behinds. ;)

and then i like to thank the guy who invented the ringtone of my cordless panasonic phone at home.

also great are muteable doorbells and from the inside adjustable frontwheels for cars.

Archived