Home

Monkey Bundle

jp-30

I see the LEC company store is selling MI 1,2,3 & 4 in a bundle at a low price.

Monkey Island® - The Complete Series

For the first time, all four chapters in the Monkey Island series are

available together for one low price! Series includes The Secret of

Monkey Island, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge, The Curse of

Monkey Island, and Escape from Monkey Island. All the humor -

and all the insults - together at last.

$27.95 PC

http://www.lucasarts.com/companystore/specials/monkey_bundle.htm

ESRB Rating "T" for TEEN

On the page it says;

*(no special compilation box - games shipped in jewel cases and sleeve as available).

What a rip. All 4 have been out in a custom "Monkey Island Collector's Edition" box in New Zealand and Australia (and probably other countries) for a couple of years.

1456383.jpg

yeah, It's also in the newsletter:

Monkey Island® - The Complete Series

For the first time, all four chapters in the Monkey Island series are available together for one low price! Series includes The Secret of Monkey Island™, Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge™, The Curse of Monkey Island™, and Escape from Monkey Island™. All the humor - and all the insults - together at last.

$27.95 PC Order

Its not actually LucasArts who are responsiable for the boxes, and compilations and so forth. LucasArts make the games, but other companies (such as Activision in the UK) actually release them. There's no "LucasArts of Europe" who act as a foreign correspondant to the main company, unlike say, Nintendo. Activision (or some other company in different places) have the rights to release the games in that territory, and so they do. Different games are more popular in different places, so whatever company is in charge of releasing the games there decides which ones are to be re-released.

In the UK, they decided to re-release the first three Monkey Island games (this was in the days before EMI.) Whoever was in charge of this decision will probably have realised that the only way to sell the games would be to make a special box, to make people see it. They called it the "Monkey Island Bounty Pack." They'll have shown this to LucasArts, who will have given them the green light and it was released. Similarly, in New Zealand with the "Monkey Island Collectors Edition" and in Germany with the "Ten Adventures" box set.

As for the USA, LucasArts themselves are in charge of releasing the games there. They probably don't feel the need to make new box-sets and compilations, because unlike the rest of the world, the old LucasArts games have been available on the LucasArts website all the time. In Europe, if you want to buy Day of the Tentacle you either have to get it second hand, or wait for a re-release. Subsequently, there was a re-release. In the USA though, if you want Day of the Tentacle you go to http://www.LucasArts.com and buy it.

I wish that LucasArts would be more "store-friendly" here in the U.S. I've always liked their constant availability (though recently they've been taking down most single games) on the internet, but I think that by restricting their shipments to actual stores, they're decreasing the amount of possible new fans to the games.

I barely even see EMI in stores anymore. The games are becoming more difficult to get. I wouldn't mind seeing all four games in a regular store.

Oh well.:(

Originally posted by Udvarnoky

I wish that LucasArts would be more "store-friendly" here in the U.S. I've always liked their constant availability (though recently they've been taking down most single games) on the internet, but I think that by restricting their shipments to actual stores, they're decreasing the amount of possible new fans to the games.

I barely even see EMI in stores anymore. The games are becoming more difficult to get. I wouldn't mind seeing all four games in a regular store.

Oh well.:(

The game only sold to the fan base and a very small percentage of other gamers. To bring it out again wouldn't really do much except sell to about 30 more people who thought itlooked good for a laugh.

Archived