Home

Ladder (maps)

reanarky

I bet you know about a SP level for Jedi Outcast called "Ladder". In this level your mission was to fight against 54 reborns, Tavion and Desann.

So, I was wondering if you know about something similar for

Jedi Academy since I can´t fight with other humans bacause of my crappy 56k connection, and the bots AI is very funny but it dosen´t work for saber fighting.

Sorry if you don´t understand, I know I suck writting in english.

get zeus' academy ladder on lucasfiles its really good with nice matrix music i play it all the time to improve my saber skills

i went through it with god mode on to see where it ends and at the end u have to fight an almost imortal alora but the furtherest ive gotten without cheating is the rancors

You can also just get any MP map, load it in SP and then say enter this into the console:

bind r npc spawn reborn

Press r 50 times whilst running and you have a fight on your hands! The JA SP saber combat system is a lot of fun, I've been doing this a lot whilst testing a few maps. The trouble with making a ladder map is you get a load of angry talk from about half the community, I think thats why we aren't seeing a stream of them.

Originally posted by Kengo

The trouble with making a ladder map is you get a load of angry talk from about half the community, I think thats why we aren't seeing a stream of them.

Personally I find them fun. It is a nice deversion every now and then. Dispite the complaints from some, they do get downloaded a lot.

Ladder maps are perfectly fine, it's just that they've pretty much been done to death.

Obviously making real single player campaigns take a lot more time, and while the Ladder map is definately fun, it's a pretty simple idea and has been done probably enough already.

I started off disliking them, but by the time I'd played all of them for JO, I'd come to appreciate their nuances a little. There were a lot of variations on the theme, like the cool Kyle's Nightmare style themed rooms of death. Hmmm, I'm almost tempted to make one for JA, despite the way they seem to be considered an unoriginal and tired format - there is only one other for JA.

I'm guessing Kyles Nightmare, Challenge in the Valley of the Jedi and X-Mas Ladder won't work very well as they featured a lot of (probabaly uncompatible in JA) scripting.

Archived