Home

I saw Xtina in concert tonight all I can say is WOW

Natty

OMFG words can't describe it but f*cking WOW. Hmmmm where to begin? Firstly, her voice sounds even more powerful, if that's possible, which quite seriously I didn't think was. I'm not really sure where to begin. I'm still buzzing from it. Had to giggle at way Christina says Melbourne. Gotta love that. She also said we were better than Sydney (but I'm sure EVERYONE says that to each city they perform to so and so is better than the other cities blah blah blah)

The highlight of the night was Beautiful. Just hearing the crowd singing it and Christina getting the crowd to sing along. Would have been fine if someone hadn't rang me in the middle of the performence. Oh and At Last. OMFG I thought my ears were going to burst as she held that note. Either that or poor Christina would have a stroke on stage.

Sorry for the crappy review, I'm on such a high, I'm sure tomorrow I'll be able to sit down and write a proper one, but at the moment I'm basically in shock over how fantastic she really was

Shouldn't it be Xina then, as in [Christ/X]mas? Yes, I'm pretty sure

nah, because people don't generally pronounce it with the t like "christmas" but instead like "chrismas". because the x is like a criss-cross. so it means cris. so that's why it works in "x-mas" and also in "xtina". because if it was "xina" then it would sound like "chrisina". but anyway...is this the same concert that you got tickets to in september or august or something?

Yeah, but then people might confuse her with somebody else.

hey, i get it!

Originally posted by Das Mole

nah, because people don't generally pronounce it with the t like "christmas" but instead like "chrismas". because the x is like a criss-cross. so it means cris. so that's why it works in "x-mas" and also in "xtina". because if it was "xina" then it would sound like "chrisina".

By this logic, we can start calling Ernil "X"! Cool!

Originally posted by RoyTordesLegend

I felt the same when I went to see Rick Astley back in the eighties......jeez I tried insuccessfully for years to model myself on that man......sigh

I tried to model myself on David Bowie, of course he is much taller than I am. As far as I know, there are no cosmetic surgeries for that yet.

I got tickets to see him in Chicago Jan 14.

Originally posted by RoyTordesLegend

xtina - as in xmas.......doh!

Aguilera? Ick! One of the most obnoxious "artists" I know. She hasn't lip-syncced even one good song (I can't say sing or perform, cause that'd be lying...).

Besides, now I know where the X in Xmas comes from. I always used to read it as the letter X and wonder all the friggin' time what it meant.:D

Originally posted by Skinkie

I saw Night Ranger and Styx in the last couple years. Both were excellent for those who are wondering. Even without Dennis DeYoung.

Hehe, Styx... You know, I was named after a Toto song! Right... it's not at all relevant.

Also, along the lines of irrelevancy, I will be going home today for a break that will last approximately a month. Since the rest of my family tends to consume most of the Internet time, I will not be online as much (i.e. not around here). Of course, that makes absolutely no difference because I'm a "n00b" (there's not one word for this that I don't hate)... So... yeah... ellipses.

Originally posted by Das Mole

the x is like a criss-cross. so it means cris. so that's why it works in "x-mas" and also in "xtina". because if it was "xina" then it would sound like "chrisina".

No, that's entirely wrong. The X as in X-Mas does not come from criss-cross, but because the Greek letter X is also their word for Christ (chiro), thus Xmas makes sense.

My girlfriend had tickets to see her, but she came down with bronchitis (allegedly) and missed the gig she was going to see with her. Boo-urns!

Archived