Home

Indiana Jones And The Fate Of Atlantis

Meleeboy0

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You seriously ask here on the official Lucas forum about an illegal download?

With a bit of luck you may find somebody who sells his original FoA talkie version on eBay. However, they are not cheap as the are rare and meanwhile have collector status.

Well, it doesn't have to be a download, I would just like to know where I could get it because you don't see it in stores these days. Besides, it's the only LucasArts adventure game I don't have.

A couple of years ago I bought an Entertainment Pack (Sam & Max Hit The Road, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and The Dig), but I have never seen one that included FoA.

Yeah, I've got ScummVM, it was such a great invention, takes me right back to the good old days!

Stardust, sorry for being rude, I didn't want to attack you. I agree, FoA talkie is hard to find. There is an Indy adventure pack still available that contains Last Crusade, FoA non-talkie and Infernal Machine. At least I recently saw it in a game shop here in Germany.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found Dosbox also runs Fate of Atlantis perfectly with no problems. The main issue is that since the release of Windows 2000, DOS is no longer included in Windows. That is why programs like Dosbox and ScummVM are necessary to play DOS games on 2000/XP machines.

• 1 month later...
Get SummVM. It runs all old LucasArts programs in newer windows. Don't know the site off the top of my head, but you can go to http://www.mixnmojo.com then look for it in the links.

Thanks from me too, it's great to play the game again!

There's one small problem though: The cursor disappears in the fight scenes, so Indy gets hopelessly beaten up every time a German comes along. What could be wrong?

It's the only malfunction I have experienced...

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I downloaded this game the other night and when I go to open it a message comes up "Unable to initialize sound driver." Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can correct it. I have the old floppy disks lying around somewhere, but that doesn't do me much good considering I don't have a floppy drive on my laptop.

If anyone can help, thank you.

I downloaded this game the other night and when I go to open it a message comes up "Unable to initialize sound driver." Does anyone know what the problem is and how I can correct it. I have the old floppy disks lying around somewhere, but that doesn't do me much good considering I don't have a floppy drive on my laptop.

If anyone can help, thank you.

Well, I was able to get it running using the ScummVM, but I cannot maximize the screen.

Is there anyway to do this or I am stuck playing on a small screen?

Thanks again.

Archived